follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 06-16-2022, 06:21 PM   #3333
The Red One
Planning summer road trip

Drives: 2019 Sport-tech RS. City car: GD3
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Did not have a enjoyable day at the open house, Stupid long line-ups like I had never seen before, As I got to the pit lane the sky opened up. Since it was so wet most of the teams kept the equipment covered or in the Garages, the timing stations were not prepared yet. Other years it was easier to get close to the garages. At least the Bus service on site was efficient compared with other years. Saw RIC arriving on site just a few feet from me but he passed quickly.

A few Pics.

OCO

NOR

Building a car

Support race
The Red One is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Red One For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (06-16-2022), spcmafia (06-17-2022), Spuds (06-16-2022), Stephen W. (06-17-2022)
Old 06-18-2022, 10:13 AM   #3334
The Red One

Things were a bit more organized Friday compared to thursdays open house line up chaos.
My short subway ride had no waiting (even with longer ticket line-ups than yesterday)
Got on the island anticipating Thursdays long wait but we walked up to the site entrance and
the bag check without a wait even got my slight oversized bag passed the checkers.

Site was crowded even though the F1 cars were only running much later in the day.
Started noticing our regular General admission areas were quite restrictive or unavailable.

Passed some time in the support race pit area to check out some of the teams in the Ferrari series.
Nissan had a Sentra cup series running and had a Z to show, first one I see in person and much like the look & proportions on that one.
I was admiring it so much I now realise I forgot to take a picture.

Lot of water & muck around as we had a LOT of rain last night…
Notice the prices for food & water had gone up overnight…
Saw a 19$ hot dog being offered, a regular one was around 4.75$
Small can of beer was going for 9$ a few dollars less than I anticipated.
A red Bull Tee shirt (No 33) was bought for 80$ as the other same T with the No 1 was priced at 120$...

As we walked toward our favoured spot for the last 10+ years we notice some other small viewing areas on the way blocked off or hidden with opaque panels…
They totally blocked off to anyone’s access one of the best viewing spots for General Admission and we met up with a lot of other long-time fans trying to get access to that area.
For the upcoming years Im resigned the only way to get to see any quality views of the track will be to pay-up for a seat.
We felt that a 44 year era of having a cheap day at OUR F1 weekend has come to a close today.

It was still fun just being there with a bunch of festive international fans,
Even saw a few of them fuzzy rodents looking for a way onto the track and one managed to interfere with Sainz!

Looking forward to watching the race in the comfort of home with a fridge full of supplies.

Unfortunately I don’t have any quality F1 car pictures to show, I would have to walk back to my morning spot but
my failing knees at that point had enough between my heavy bag and the many stairways.

It’s quite cool here (10c/ 50f) Saturday morning and very overcast, there will be rain…

Not F1 cars but still relevant:

Sorting the inventory

Nice crinkle paint

Should have came back to this spot near the hairpin to get some F1 cars, oh well..

Slow moving pedestrians in the pits should be aware of the traffic, still have my toes!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Red One For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (06-18-2022), Stephen W. (06-19-2022)
Old 06-19-2022, 03:00 PM   #3335
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,323 Times in 7,381 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
Sainz really wanting that first win.
Spuds (06-20-2022), The Red One (06-19-2022)
Old 06-19-2022, 08:37 PM   #3336
The Red One

Yuki as he returned to the pits...
Looking for some obscure reason to use not to put the blame on himself…
Feel bad for him. The #11 stand must have had some good looking fans waving at him.

Sainz had a good try but looked like Max was playing with him…

HAM looking to be back in shape.

For those who noticed my pictures pepered in pollen... Yes I did a sensor cleaning this morning LOL.

Last edited by The Red One; 06-19-2022 at 08:50 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Red One For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (06-19-2022), Spuds (06-20-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 07:45 AM   #3337
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,144 Times in 1,989 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Silverstone time, one of my favorites. Lets see what teams can come up with as they are nearing their budget cap.

In other news, Spa is in danger of being retired from the F1 calendar, because Liberty Media thinks it needs more "show" and "American Way" of entertainment. Of course this means; lets invite a bunch of people that are only there for attention, probably couldn't name you more than 5 drivers on the grid, and are completely irrelevant to true racing fans.

Maybe if the officials build fake apartment buildings, with fake pools and boats, and call it a street circuit, maybe they'll get to keep the track on the calendar.
Spuds (07-01-2022), x808drifter (07-02-2022)
Old 07-03-2022, 11:53 AM   #3338
spcmafia

Holy fuck…. That was a horrible accident

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2022, 12:21 PM   #3339
NoHaveMSG

Garage
Official Formula 1 thread

Vamos !!!!!

Granted Ferrari did F up Charles strategy not pitting him. They should have let Carlos go after that instead of having him hold station as a blocker. No way Charles would have held on anyway.

Last edited by NoHaveMSG; 07-03-2022 at 01:33 PM.
NoHaveMSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 01:57 PM   #3340
spcmafia

What a race. Splendid Carlos and what a battle between 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spuds (07-03-2022)
Old 07-03-2022, 02:12 PM   #3341
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,576 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Yeah definitely an eventful race. Loved the 3 way battle that took place towards the end.

Hopefully more of that in the upcoming races.

Lots up early upsets though. Ferrari win is the only reason I didn’t do horrible in my league lol.

If anybody else wants to join in for fun, we have a small league going here:

https://gridrival.app.link/J9MdOSjSmrb

It’s been pretty fun so far. We started a couple races ago just to get a feel, but now we wanna see if we can get some more people to join in.
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TylerLieberman For This Useful Post:
Spuds (07-03-2022)
Old 07-03-2022, 07:08 PM   #3342
Stonehorsw

Drives: 18 Brz (Sold) / 22 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Halo did a good job

Attached Images

Stonehorsw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stonehorsw For This Useful Post:
Spuds (07-03-2022), The Red One (07-03-2022)
Old 07-03-2022, 08:54 PM   #3343
The Red One

Halo did its job, Lucky that the final impact did not involve the top of the car and that the car frame & seat secured him from the blows of the immediate and final stop and Zo can drive another day.

Driver of the day should have gone to George, running off to check on a fellow competitor. Earlier this week I had been lead into believing George had lost his soul after reading some rubbish that Norris claimed that George was no longer fun after getting his MERC ride…

AlphaTauri performing a synchronized pirouette. Wonder if they could do that again?

Some great racing to watch all around. Sainz had some great karma come his way today.

I was quite peeved when my F1TV streaming went to s** just as the restart started.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Red One For This Useful Post:
Spuds (07-03-2022)
Old 07-03-2022, 09:59 PM   #3344
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,433 Times in 6,148 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
Vamos !!!!!

Granted Ferrari did F up Charles strategy not pitting him. They should have let Carlos go after that instead of having him hold station as a blocker. No way Charles would have held on anyway.
I think Ferrari made the right call. I think it would have worked out even more in Sainz's favor to actually give Leclerc a few car lengths. He was always going to get by him, but it's hard to jump the leader at the start, and Hamilton would have had an obstructed view and be slower reacting. But I don't race cars so

Last 10 laps was some of the best F1 racing I've ever seen.

Halo saves another life I think. That's what, 5 now? I don't really like how it looks, but damn it's effective.
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (07-03-2022)
Old 07-03-2022, 10:16 PM   #3345
NoHaveMSG

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
I think Ferrari made the right call. I think it would have worked out even more in Sainz's favor to actually give Leclerc a few car lengths. He was always going to get by him, but it's hard to jump the leader at the start, and Hamilton would have had an obstructed view and be slower reacting. But I don't race cars so

Last 10 laps was some of the best F1 racing I've ever seen.

Halo saves another life I think. That's what, 5 now? I don't really like how it looks, but damn it's effective.

I was mostly referring to their choice to not pit Charles at the Ocon safety car. Battling on those older hards and everyone else being on softs must have been tough. They were close but double stacking was an option. I would have thought with Charles being in contention for the title they would have pitted him over Carlos.
Spuds (07-03-2022)
Old 07-06-2022, 02:02 PM   #3346
gtpvette

Drives: 2015 FRS - FFR GTM
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post

In other news, Spa is in danger of being retired from the F1 calendar, because Liberty Media thinks it needs more "show" and "American Way" of entertainment. Of course this means; lets invite a bunch of people that are only there for attention, probably couldn't name you more than 5 drivers on the grid, and are completely irrelevant to true racing fans.

This would be tragic,, that run uphill on the front straight is always exciting. If by the 'American Way' is Miami they're smoking something. Funny too, I just got an email notification to get on the ticket list for next year's Miami race. These are the same people that sucked me in last year and then sold all the tickets to resellers.

2015 FR-S - One Day I'll Finish The Swap
gtpvette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no mikey nooo, supersupermaxmax, waawaaalewis