follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 04-27-2018, 06:56 PM   #1
ryankay

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OFT-MAF scaling for K&N typhoon intake

Has anyone scaled their MAF for this intake? Tuning with OFT and fuel trims are a little off. If anyone has the scaling they used that would be awesome! I’m going to work on datalogging to get it right, but I’m a newbie so it’s going to take a while to tackle the learning curve.
Already using Steve99’s post as a guide, just trying to shortcut if someone else already did it.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64790

Seems like it really only has an issue during idle 20%ltft.....I’ve had this intake on for years, only just started logging etc....is this an issue or am I just making fuss?
I read somewhere that the MAF being so close to the throttle body causes turbulence issues

Last edited by ryankay; 04-28-2018 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Linking to other post. Clarification.
ryankay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 10:12 PM   #2
coxxoc

Drives: BRZ
Your high idle LTFT sounds more like an intake or exhaust leak more than anything. Is the LTFT closer to ideal once you are in higher load cells?

You are starting in a good place with Steve99's MAF scaling guide. Wayno also has some summarized info on http://www.wayneroms.com/ in the fuel tuning section.
coxxoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 01:36 AM   #3
ryankay

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Cruising, in town, aggressive WOT all decent ST/LT fuel trims. Generally within 5% rarely 10% letting off throttle in gear goes high trims similar to idle.
Haven’t noticed any Exhaust leaks
Previously had an issue with leak on crankcase vent hose to intake (the fitting is npt to hose barb and it’s plastic) but not sure if that’s causing my issue or not :p

After multiple logs, the MAF scale really isn’t off by much(if at all) to even bother with it for now. I’ll see if I can’t find a good aluminum replacement for that crankcase vent hose and try it out.
ryankay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 06:01 AM   #4
Vin

Drives: 2012 GT86 EU-spec
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Overrun = same trims as idle, it corrects on idle and applies on overrun. However during overrun injectors shut of anyway so its purely cosmetic. Sounds like a maf scaling issue to me. Make a log with some third gear pulls and closed loop driving and share it with datazap.me. Trims only tell part of the story. How afr compares to commanded afr tells a lot too.

Last edited by Vin; 04-30-2018 at 06:20 AM.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 12:25 AM   #5
Collin Long

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I have the same intake and I get my LTFT's around -14 with STFT around .75 at idle, also getting some knock correction and flkc, I need some help with scaling this thing too
Collin Long is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
intake, k&n, maf, oft, scale