follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 05-31-2022, 10:01 AM   #43
Dzmitry

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ Limited with PP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
"Orlando Luxury Automobile" answers the question. I highly doubt there is much risk of freezing your engine in Orlando. So the trick is for everybody to move to Orlando or risk frozen engines.
Looks like you're out of luck on this one... good luck with your frozen engine buddy.
Dzmitry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dzmitry For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (05-31-2022)
Old 05-31-2022, 10:27 AM   #44
Sasquachulator
Pavement Grey

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT, 2017 BMW X1
Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,205 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
"Orlando Luxury Automobile" answers the question. I highly doubt there is much risk of freezing your engine in Orlando. So the trick is for everybody to move to Orlando or risk frozen engines.
The bot must not be programmed to work in Canada, since the engine freezing situation would be debunked immediately.

Unless of course Canada gets special anti-freezing engines that the US dont get.
Sasquachulator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sasquachulator For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (05-31-2022)
Old 05-31-2022, 11:16 AM   #45
bcj
Geo Tyrebighter Esq

Drives: '13 scion fr-s
Thanked 4,981 Times in 2,197 Posts
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Not joyful enough! Be more happy or beatings will increase!
Old 08-03-2022, 10:03 PM   #46
jeepmor

Drives: 84 CJ7, 08 Duramax, 2014 FRS
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Nice that the OP likes his car so much. And this is a great car to leave alone, except for those tires, kill those stock primacys as fast as you can.

I felt similar and burned through several all seasons and summer tires before I bought a supercharger. I like the supercharged version of this car better. Same car, more fun. Same linear response with the supercharger, same sub 4500 tame manners, and then that 4500+ range when the cam timing kicks in and it turns into a real hoot as those giant intake ports find their happy place. Just more oomph all around. And full disclosure, mine is the HKS kit that used to come with the tune tablet for pump gas or e85 with fuel injector and pump upgrade. I have the gas tune and no upgrades beyond an CSG spec MXP exhaust.

This car would be better served stock with smaller intake ports to balance the low end torque a little more. For example. the WRX round port cars hit max torque in the 3000 rpm range. I think the dip starts there with the FA20. But FA20s are made to rev, big intake ports do best at the top end, it's no secret, just a low end versus top end trade off.

The larger displacement of the newer models will increase the airflow rate across the whole rpm range improving on the original 2.0 as well, likely making them come on a little sooner unless they hold them back with the cam timing. Turn that high flow timing on too soon and it'll just cause issues.

Last edited by jeepmor; 08-03-2022 at 10:41 PM.
jeepmor is offline   Reply With Quote