follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 03-25-2019, 10:33 PM   #1
Flash02

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pioneer 2300NEX, Maestro iDatalink

I just installed a Pioneer 2300NEX in my 2017 BRZ Premium Limited.

What’s needed

Maestro RR to keep steering wheel controls as well to get some decent sensor output

IDatalink SU2 harness. From what I’m hearing the new SU2 harness does not require any mods if used with a factory amp. It’s best to call Tech support to confirm, I don’t think their instructions have been updated.

Satellite Radio antenna adapter AutoHarnessHouse.com p/n AHH-XM1

Four pin USB adapter
Axxessinterface.com
p/n AX-SUBUSB

AM/FM antenna adapter
Metra p/n 40-LX11. Note: my 2017 BRZ does not have a power boosted antenna so there’s no need to connect the power wire that comes with this adapter.

Note: if you’re retaining the factory Aux pot than the Maestro audio cable is not required.

Regardless if your BRZ has a factory amp or not the BNC audio ends may need to be cut. Wire the harness into the the new head units main connector. It seems that there isn’t sufficient power in the BNC connections to get decent sound. This is what I found, other head units may be different.

I hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Flash02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 04:38 PM   #2
mroberge7@gmail.com

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ INAZUMA EDITION
I just did a similar install last weekend and I did follow the directions to cut the brown/red wire and join it to the remote turn on blue white wire as the directions stated. I also have the OEM Audio Plus system so I am not using the stock amp but I assume the remote turn on would still be needed to run the OEM Audio amps. Everything did work for me though so I would say you do need to cut the brown/red wire. You can try just as it is and see what happens. It’s easy to make the wire changes after.
mroberge7@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mroberge7@gmail.com For This Useful Post:
Flash02 (04-08-2019)
Old 04-08-2019, 09:40 AM   #3
Flash02

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by mroberge7@gmail.com View Post
I just did a similar install last weekend and I did follow the directions to cut the brown/red wire and join it to the remote turn on blue white wire as the directions stated. I also have the OEM Audio Plus system so I am not using the stock amp but I assume the remote turn on would still be needed to run the OEM Audio amps. Everything did work for me though so I would say you do need to cut the brown/red wire. You can try just as it is and see what happens. It’s easy to make the wire changes after.

By chance have you noticed if you are unable to dim the instrument lights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Flash02 is offline   Reply With Quote