follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-25-2020, 07:49 PM   #15
tom@ptuning

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfire View Post
Have you guys figured out the display module freezing on boot at high ambient temperature? I've called numerous times and spoke to a handful of people at PTUNING over the past couple of years (not yet this year though, its only locked up a few times so far), and it was always "going to be looked into," but I never heard anything back.

I love the kit, the flex module works 100% of the time, and I can still access it via bluetooth even if the display module freezes up. Its just a minor annoyance.
We have a new revised model for our flex fuel kit that I run on both my FT86's. We have since moved our module underneath the dash. I've been testing out the new kit for the last 6~ months or so in extreme heat and exteme cold temps and am happy to report that I have had not a single OLED issue even at 100+ degree temps
tom@ptuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tom@ptuning For This Useful Post:
Misfire (06-25-2020)
Old 06-25-2020, 08:39 PM   #16
Misfire

Drives: 2017 Series.Yellow, 2005 LGT wagon
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom@ptuning View Post
We have a new revised model for our flex fuel kit that I run on both my FT86's. We have since moved our module underneath the dash. I've been testing out the new kit for the last 6~ months or so in extreme heat and exteme cold temps and am happy to report that I have had not a single OLED issue even at 100+ degree temps
That was going to be the next route I tried with mine, installing the module under the dash, but was sceptical because multiple times last year on 80+ degree days, it would lock up when I got off work after the car sitting in the sun for 8+ hours. I figure it would get arguably hotter in the cabin than under the hood. But if you guys have a new revised flex module, its probably not worth the effort to try and move mine at this point.

Do you guys have a trade in program? Haha
Misfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 11:25 PM   #17
Windycitystig

Drives:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Did anyone verify of Open Flash has a flex fuel tune for 2017+?
Windycitystig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 04:08 PM   #18
pallen

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
I ended up going with ECUTEK and the kit through Delicious Tuning for my 2017.
Its not the cheapest route, but you get the dongle, license, a base tune and a followup tweak along with the hardware for FlexFuel. I liked the FlexFuel option so there's no wondering how close you are to "85". You also get an app that can connect via bluetooth and show you the exact percent in real-time as measured by the sensor. Its some money up front, but I will get additional benefit from the investment when the time comes to go SC.
pallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 03:59 PM   #19
Windycitystig

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero-Limit View Post
We also have our combo here: https://www.xero-limit.com/ecutek-bl...l-package.html

With that pricing you're right there at the cost of an OFT+flex fuel kit, but get all the advanced features and custom tuning you get with EcuTek.

Otherwise there's been no issues running e85 from our end since we've been doing it in 2013, I wouldn't fear it!

Are you guys going to do any sales for Labor Day or Black Friday?
Windycitystig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 03:38 PM   #20
DocRecon
Muscle Car to Import

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Is this thread dead? My OLED keeps freezing a few seconds after start up. As long as the car is in Accessory mode the screen is fine, but right after I start the car it will lock up.

PTuning exchanged my analyzer but I think it's the OLED, itself, since they didn't change that out and just sent my old one back.
DocRecon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2017+, e85, ecutek, flex fuel, oft