follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Mid-Atlantic

Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

User Tag List

Old 03-31-2021, 11:17 AM   #1
JakeRogue

Drives: 2014 Monogram FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best Bodyshop in DMV? D&V Autobody in Sterling, VA!

This shop was recommended to me by a friend in the automotive community. My car was vandalized in January and I had to make an insurance claim for the damages. Since my car was going under the knife, I decided to address a very small rust issue on my rocker panel as well in order to protect the longevity of my vehicle. I am absolutely blown away by how good my experience has been working with this establishment.

First of all they were a breeze to work with when it came to my insurance (Progressive). Secondly, they were able to address my rocker panel issue separate of the insurance claim and made that process a breeze. Third, I had this done during a global pandemic. I am adhering to very strict protocols when it comes to safety. I was able to do contactless drop off and pick up, inspections outside, all staff I saw were wearing masks, and they were very respectful of keeping their distance from me whenever I asked them for it.

I felt like a VIP the entire process. I requested updates and they came through with crystal clear communication the whole time, providing photos and updates and every target they set for completion was met. Their billing was also very clear and concise, from estimate to final invoice.

I don't think I'll ever use another body shop again as long as I live in the DMV. I live in Arlington, VA but going to Sterling to receive this quality of work was 100% worth it. 10/10 will recommend to anyone in the area for a body shop.
JakeRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JakeRogue For This Useful Post:
alxtheoreo (03-31-2021), Balf (04-01-2021), gkubed (03-31-2021), Wally86 (03-31-2021)
Old 04-05-2021, 10:32 AM   #2
msaikhan

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
how much was paintjob and small body work? if you don't mind sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeRogue View Post
This shop was recommended to me by a friend in the automotive community. My car was vandalized in January and I had to make an insurance claim for the damages. Since my car was going under the knife, I decided to address a very small rust issue on my rocker panel as well in order to protect the longevity of my vehicle. I am absolutely blown away by how good my experience has been working with this establishment.

First of all they were a breeze to work with when it came to my insurance (Progressive). Secondly, they were able to address my rocker panel issue separate of the insurance claim and made that process a breeze. Third, I had this done during a global pandemic. I am adhering to very strict protocols when it comes to safety. I was able to do contactless drop off and pick up, inspections outside, all staff I saw were wearing masks, and they were very respectful of keeping their distance from me whenever I asked them for it.

I felt like a VIP the entire process. I requested updates and they came through with crystal clear communication the whole time, providing photos and updates and every target they set for completion was met. Their billing was also very clear and concise, from estimate to final invoice.

I don't think I'll ever use another body shop again as long as I live in the DMV. I live in Arlington, VA but going to Sterling to receive this quality of work was 100% worth it. 10/10 will recommend to anyone in the area for a body shop.
msaikhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:25 PM   #3
JakeRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by msaikhan View Post
how much was paintjob and small body work? if you don't mind sharing.

Hard to answer that question as my car was vandalized so it was an insurance claim and then tacked on the additional paint blending and PDR as part of it. To fix minor dents and repaint the door and blend to the rest of the car (that was the main claim) was just under $3K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2021, 04:21 PM   #4
Jasper

Drives: 2023 GR86
Glad to hear they got the service part down, but did they do an excellent job in their quality of work as well? I noticed it's very hard to paint match our cars due to the glitter. And in my experience most of the top rated body shops in the Northern Virginia area have not been able to do a flawless job. If you could provide some before and after photos in the direct sun/at an angle that would be really helpful!
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 07:10 PM   #5
JakeRogue

Best Bodyshop in DMV? D&V Autobody in Sterling, VA!

I thought they nailed it. See photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Glad to hear they got the service part down, but did they do an excellent job in their quality of work as well? I noticed it's very hard to paint match our cars due to the glitter. And in my experience most of the top rated body shops in the Northern Virginia area have not been able to do a flawless job. If you could provide some before and after photos in the direct sun/at an angle that would be really helpful!

Old 04-10-2021, 08:28 PM   #6
Jasper

Drives: 2023 GR86
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeRogue View Post
I thought they nailed it. See photos.

Looking flawless. Also looks like you got yourself a secret spot on a garage roof. Car meet location?
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 12:13 PM   #7
Hyper4mance2k
Shadetree Project Ratchet

Drives: series.Blue
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
2nd. Last time I was there, there was a Ferrari F40 in their garage getting restored. That's the level of work this shop does.