follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 08-20-2019, 12:31 PM   #85
Howaitoguru

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
What if the judge is a smoking-hot woman?

Metaphor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Howaitoguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:37 PM   #86
Howaitoguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howaitoguru View Post
I didn’t have a lawyer at that point in time I was un employed. Once again they used the stacking technique and listed laying drag as reckless driving so I got both tickets instead of one or another. This time I’m getting a lawyer.

AKA lesson learned.

Old 08-20-2019, 12:43 PM   #87
xdavidx
Emperor McDuck

Drives: 2019 86 GT; 2018 BMW S1000RR
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Well sonofabitch. Looks like old How really does get "screwed by the system" a lot. Had to pay big insurance rates after being in jail for reckless driving before. Should be an expert on the process by now.
Good luck getting off on this one with that record. Even better luck ever getting insurance again!

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136358

Public sentiment just went down after seeing this... Pretty sure the court will view the same. You have a very uphill battle here my friend. Get the more expensive lawyer, you are going to need it.
xdavidx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 01:16 PM   #88
Howaitoguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdavidx View Post
Public sentiment just went down after seeing this... Pretty sure the court will view the same. You have a very uphill battle here my friend. Get the more expensive lawyer, you are going to need it.

Nah I’ll be fine. If y’all were there you would understand. I also know I wasn’t going 92 and the officer even asked how fast I thought I was going and said he needed to recalibrate his radar so that tells me he didn’t actually know and or his radar was fucked up. Also the radar picks up the bigger and faster vehicle which was the Charger. Therefore my lawyer can bring all of this up to the prosecutor and judge. And I should walk away with a speeding ticket. Don’t kill my vibe man. Positive thinking goes a long way.

Old 08-20-2019, 01:16 PM   #89
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Not sure a $1,000 lawyer fee is going to cut it with that info.
Old 08-20-2019, 01:18 PM   #90
EAGLE5
Dismember

Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,999 Times in 2,155 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
It doesn’t matter though what’s done is done. I’m going to pay this lawyer to handle it and hopefully the judge isn’t gay because I can’t handle getting fucked by the system anymore.
This all totally sucks. Police have a lot of power, and some abuse it. Getting a lawyer is the right idea. Find somebody who specializes in getting people out of tickets.

You're not going to like the rest of this.

Just as you blew up at people in your thread about face tattoos, you're blowing up here, talking about a "gay" judge. That's not going to fly well.

Did you ever get that face tattoo? Do you still have the gauged ears? If you're tired of getting screwed over, change your appearance to conform more. Authority figures, like police and judges, are going to see tattoos and gauged ears then think badly of you. You want to increase your credibility.
EAGLE5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EAGLE5 For This Useful Post:
spike021 (08-20-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 01:21 PM   #91
Howaitoguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
This all totally sucks. Police have a lot of power, and some abuse it. Getting a lawyer is the right idea. Find somebody who specializes in getting people out of tickets.

You're not going to like the rest of this.

Just as you blew up at people in your thread about face tattoos, you're blowing up here, talking about a "gay" judge. That's not going to fly well.

Did you ever get that face tattoo? Do you still have the gauged ears? If you're tired of getting screwed over, change your appearance to conform more. Authority figures, like police and judges, are going to see tattoos and gauged ears then think badly of you. You want to increase your credibility.

The gay judge thing was a joke my guy. And it’s my life. If I wanted to conform I’d move to a place where it’s the law. I live in America though so if I want to walk around with a penis tattood on my forehead I can do so. (That was also a joke.) but yeah I’m not here to conform I want a normal life.

Old 08-20-2019, 01:25 PM   #92
Impureclient
Banned

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 2,903 Times in 1,282 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
That other reckless conviction will definitely hurt this second time around but we are talking about a place that sends people to jail for doing a burnout and/or speeding.
The State seems like it needs money bad and it's citizens are paying for it dearly. I'd take this whole situation as a wakeup call to move out of Georgia quick before going
to prison for a parking tickets happens.
Impureclient is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Impureclient For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (08-20-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 01:37 PM   #93
Tcoat

Quote:
The ticket says vasqar and radar but then he highlighted radar. And I asked to see the gun but he didn’t show me but he supposedly “recalibrated” it 1 minute before the offense. It sounds like he’s trying to fuck me. Unfortunately in the state of Georgia I could be looking at jail time.

Quote:
Nah I’ll be fine. If y’all were there you would understand. I also know I wasn’t going 92 and the officer even asked how fast I thought I was going and said he needed to recalibrate his radar so that tells me he didn’t actually know and or his radar was fucked up. Also the radar picks up the bigger and faster vehicle which was the Charger. Therefore my lawyer can bring all of this up to the prosecutor and judge. And I should walk away with a speeding ticket. Don’t kill my vibe man. Positive thinking goes a long way.

Ok so which is it? He told you he had just recalibrated or he told you he needed too? If the Charger was doing 32 over and you were doing “70 to 75 no more than 80” then he was doing 22 to 8 mph more than you. If that is the case then there should have been more than enough room between you to get a separate reading. You need to pick one set of “facts” and stick to them.
spike021 (08-20-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 02:08 PM   #94
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
I was almost swayed on your side of you actually being thrown under the bus by this officer. But then @Tcoat posted that you have a history of poor driving. So that goes out the window.

Then I remembered you're the face tattoo wanting guy. Checked out your instragram and had a laugh. Typical kid who wants the world to know how much of a badass you are with stretched ears, and heavy on visible tattoos. I assume you started your sleeve with your hands and fingers? hahahahahahahahaha

But, at least checking out your instagram wasn't all bad. You have a pretty hot mom. Is she a divorcee?
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 02:09 PM   #95
xdavidx
Emperor McDuck

Drives: 2019 86 GT; 2018 BMW S1000RR
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impureclient View Post
That other reckless conviction will definitely hurt this second time around but we are talking about a place that sends people to jail for doing a burnout and/or speeding.
The State seems like it needs money bad and it's citizens are paying for it dearly. I'd take this whole situation as a wakeup call to move out of Georgia quick before going

I have lived in Georgia before. My ex gf went to prison for traveling at the speed of traffic on the highway. Totally agree that they are overbearing about the laws, but unfortunately the courts don't agree and feel they are being appropriate with the laws. Prior record will hurt just as much as anywhere else.
As for moving out of Georgia.... and go where? I live in california now and been thinking things are getting bad so wanting to move. Yet every place I look into moving to... seems to be just as bad for some other reason. This whole country is getting really crazy.
xdavidx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xdavidx For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (08-20-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 02:30 PM   #96
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impureclient View Post
Let me try this again.

Tickets can create a small revenue stream but the operating costs cancel out most of the cash flow.
Jail/prison sentences are an expense that greatly exceeds the fines revenue.

A quick look shows that Georgia prisons cost between $30 and $50 a day per inmate. This means that a person incarcerated for 6 months for a burn out costs the State between $5,400 and $9,000. Add the court and other costs and this could easily reach $15,000 for a burn out. Now do you really believe that they somehow are making money with that?

I have no idea why they are so messed up as to send people to jail for relatively minor traffic violations but it sure as hell isn't profitable.
Old 08-20-2019, 02:52 PM   #97
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,674 Times in 994 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Let me try this again.

Tickets can create a small revenue stream but the operating costs cancel out most of the cash flow.
Jail/prison sentences are an expense that greatly exceeds the fines revenue.

A quick look shows that Georgia prisons cost between $30 and $50 a day per inmate. This means that a person incarcerated for 6 months for a burn out costs the State between $5,400 and $9,000. Add the court and other costs and this could easily reach $15,000 for a burn out. Now do you really believe that they somehow are making money with that?

I have no idea why they are so messed up as to send people to jail for relatively minor traffic violations but it sure as hell isn't profitable.
With my tin foil hat firmly on, I would say it creates jobs. Correctional officers, prison cooks, wardens, all the other staff keeps people employed. Sure, the taxpayers pay for it, but as long as it keeps the jobless rate down, who's gonna complain.

Tin foil hat off.

I meant does this even require a tin foil hat? Politics can be pretty fucked up as is
Tcoat (08-20-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 02:56 PM   #98
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh View Post
With my tin foil hat firmly on, I would say it creates jobs. Correctional officers, prison cooks, wardens, all the other staff keeps people employed. Sure, the taxpayers pay for it, but as long as it keeps the jobless rate down, who's gonna complain.

Tin foil hat off.

I meant does this even require a tin foil hat? Politics can be pretty fucked up as is
Dadhawk (08-20-2019), finch1750 (08-21-2019)