follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 09-03-2021, 09:26 AM   #1
AlienEmoji

Drives: Subaru Brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Catback Exhaust / UEL Header?

Hi there! First post on here and I guess you could say I'm a total noob when it comes to the more interior elements of a car/exhaust system. Essentially my goal is to just get the car louder with more of a rumble but I am not sure what to buy exactly. Currently, I am driving a 2014 BRZ with just a muffler delete and nothing else, no tune etc. I was looking into the Tomei UEL header system but also saw some posts of people who bought both the headers and a catback exhaust but they had goals of tuning the car for more power. Do I need to purchase both the headers and catback exhaust or can I just buy the exhaust and call it a day? Does buying either mean that I should definitely tune the car as well?

I am basically just wondering what would be a more realistic purchase for me in order to achieve what I am looking for. Thanks so much!
AlienEmoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 09:29 AM   #2
Joveen

Drives: Bone stock
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If your goal is tumble definitely uel header first. Then do resonator delete. I recommend getting a jdl header. 1 to support small businesses and 2 because it's the uel header on the market.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Joveen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exhaust, headers, tune