follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 10-26-2011, 11:33 AM   #29
Pablo

Drives: IS200, S13, CRX
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Another UK newbie here

18k would be lovely, but you just know its going to cost more
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:26 PM   #30
Lordharding

Drives: Subaru WRXd & classic turbo 2000
Well I think that's about ten of us British on board now

Looking good
For me it will have to be the Subaru to maintain my scooby fleet it some of the pictures of it look great
Although I hated the 350z in the wet and a disaster in the snow I loved the looks of it as I spend many happy hours waxing ,polishing and detailing in general

Roll on the next motor show
Lordharding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #31
DC87

Drives: Pug
Hey another UK member here! I'm hoping to get the Toyota so I'm saving my nads off while at uni and working loads over the summer. Fingers crossed...

If anyone's interested I've started a UK based site, very small at the moment cos I only made it this week, but once the official name is released ill buy a url and get a forum up. Can follow on Twitter and Facebook for announcements and news and stuff. I'm doing Journalism at uni working towards a career in motoring journalism, done some work exp at Autocar too. Really passionate about this club so would love people to get involved! Links are in my signature.
DC87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:24 PM   #32
Lauren

Drives: 1985 AE86, 2013 GT86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hello all,

I've been a member on here from the earlier days, though I admit to getting a tad tired of the daft speculation, which is what it's been. So as a result I stopped coming on here.

However, we are now nearing the time, well sort of! I have been speaking with my dealer and they are saying summer next year. We'll see I guess.

What do I drive? An AE86 of course!

I for one, really hope it lives up to the hype of the AE86 because, the AE86 is such an icon, the FT86 has a hell of a lot to live up to. I am somewhat awaiting with baited breath for the reviews.

I have had some discussion with my dealer (RRG Macclesfield) and we think it is looking likely that if they get an FT86 in the showroom they'll put my car alongside it. That would be cool!

But, for me, I can't afford a new one (I spend all my money on my current car!), but maybe in a couple of years it'd be cool to have both an FT86 and an AE86 on the drive!

As for all the turbo crap, why is it, everything has to have a bloody turbo thesedays? My car has 132bhp, it's enough to have fun tbh, straightline speed isn't the point, going round corners (often sideways) is more what it's about. It should be about handling not whether it can outdrag a BMW 330D.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:50 AM   #33
ft86cbx

Drives: FT86 (Soon)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
Hello all,

I've been a member on here from the earlier days, though I admit to getting a tad tired of the daft speculation, which is what it's been. So as a result I stopped coming on here.

However, we are now nearing the time, well sort of! I have been speaking with my dealer and they are saying summer next year. We'll see I guess.

What do I drive? An AE86 of course!

I for one, really hope it lives up to the hype of the AE86 because, the AE86 is such an icon, the FT86 has a hell of a lot to live up to. I am somewhat awaiting with baited breath for the reviews.

I have had some discussion with my dealer (RRG Macclesfield) and we think it is looking likely that if they get an FT86 in the showroom they'll put my car alongside it. That would be cool!

But, for me, I can't afford a new one (I spend all my money on my current car!), but maybe in a couple of years it'd be cool to have both an FT86 and an AE86 on the drive!

As for all the turbo crap, why is it, everything has to have a bloody turbo thesedays? My car has 132bhp, it's enough to have fun tbh, straightline speed isn't the point, going round corners (often sideways) is more what it's about. It should be about handling not whether it can outdrag a BMW 330D.
Your car looks

Cant be many around in the UK, as you say, would be great to have both.
ft86cbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #34
faz1

Drives: Audi A1
Greetings UK guys.

Thought I'd better show my face after reading the forums for a while.

Looking for a little sanity... Our cousins from over the pond take this stuff waaaaay to seriously.
faz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:46 PM   #35
faz1

Mmmmm, Krispy Kreme.

Oh, nice car.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:48 AM   #36
Lordharding

Looking good now
Subaru website are inviting people to register their interests a week after Toyota website
I've emailed Subaru for colour options and they say we will be the first to know as we are registered
Its looking good for Subaru
Old 11-16-2011, 10:04 AM   #37
Alec

Drives: Legacy Spec B
An ex AE86 owner here. I had a lovely black '87 D reg but the ravages of a few Scottish winters got the better of it so I sold it about 10 years ago. Doh! I'd love another one but I'm not willing to pay £6-7k for a 25 year old potentialy troublesome and rusty money pit.
I've been looking at the option of a second hand Cayman S but if this Subota is any good I'd be tempted to get one of these new for similar money.
The AE86 was brilliant though. Everyday useable, not too noisy for long journeys, great for track days, 3 up with luggage no problem, my mountain bike fitted in the boot,......
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:00 PM   #38
MF_DEUCE
Adventure Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Hello! This is my first visit on the UK section of this forum and i just wanted to stop by and say thank you to those who post up any new info. It seems like any useful and reliable info comes from someone from the UK.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:20 AM   #39
Lordharding

Thanks for that
We are estatic over here at pictures from LA of the BRZ STi
It couldn't look better looking forward to it joining my subaru fleet
Old 11-17-2011, 03:22 PM   #40
MF_DEUCE
Adventure Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordharding View Post
Thanks for that
We are estatic over here at pictures from LA of the BRZ STi
It couldn't look better looking forward to it joining my subaru fleet
You guys will probably get a better overall of both cars compared to us over here in the states. But ill be at the LA Auto Show this Saturday with some other members to see it in person.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:36 AM   #41
faz1

www.toyota.co.uk now updated with a few GT-86 details rather than FT-86 Concept.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:44 AM   #42
David1976

Drives: GT86
£28K price tag?

What a shame. If it was £22K I would have had one. £28K would make me consider alternative options like second hand M3's, Porsche's and others....

Disappointing really.
David1976 is offline   Reply With Quote