follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 07-28-2016, 10:37 AM   #43
mav1178

Drives: 2005 Toyota Camry
Thanked 6,093 Times in 3,029 Posts
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrashaky View Post
You appear to have a design flaw in your product.
I'm not an expert on welding, but in the 20 years I've been dealing with aftermarket exhausts, every single Y-pipe section I've handled has had this:

The above is from my Fujitsubo exhaust, after a year of use and (currently) sitting in my office. Picture is upside down but one can get the idea.

Just a thought for this thread.

-alex
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 11:01 AM   #44
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CYA! CYA!
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 11:07 AM   #45
extrashaky

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,266 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
I'm not an expert on welding, but in the 20 years I've been dealing with aftermarket exhausts, every single Y-pipe section I've handled has had this:

The above is from my Fujitsubo exhaust, after a year of use and (currently) sitting in my office. Picture is upside down but one can get the idea.
That makes sense. Those pipes are going to want to curl away from the weld during normal heating and cooling, and that brace would help prevent that. It could just be your lighting, but that crotch also looks shallower, and the weld itself looks a little thicker than the weld on the Dezod.

I would be curious to see what the joint in the Dezod looks like from a view straight down that y pipe. I suspect you would see a gap there with no filler material making it all the way through the root gap to completely seal up the weld.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 11:34 AM   #46
mav1178

Quote:
It could just be your lighting, but that crotch also looks shallower, and the weld itself looks a little thicker than the weld on the Dezod.
Fujitsubo revised their exhaust Y-pipe design slightly in the last year.

Images taken from FRSport listing:
http://www.frsport.com/Fujitsubo-560...p_1096913.html

I never did get a clean photo of the exhaust new when I installed it originally, but the Y pipe design is different on mine:

Old 07-28-2016, 12:00 PM   #47
extrashaky

Quote:
Fujitsubo revised their exhaust Y-pipe design slightly in the last year.
That one definitely has a beefier weld than the Dezod, and yet they still put a brace on it. Looks like a lesson here.

Going back over this thread, here's another reason I wouldn't bother with V2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ein86 View Post
Quotes:
Me - Hi, so I found this little problem with my exhaust this morning. Is this a manufacturing defect or warranty issue?
Thanks
This was purchased around august of 2015

Dezod - It is not a defect it is a wear problem. I have one myself and a few others that track theirs and beat theirs up this happens. We simply zip them right back up and go about the day.

M - Seems it shouldnt "wear out" within a year though....

D - It's a weld, it was perfectly sealed when you got it. You installed it in and track the car. The wear is upon you. I agree it should not have worn in a year, however I have no responsibility of how you treat the car or the exhaust. If you would like it welded, that's what I offered you.
So the guy knew he had a problem and either didn't understand why or simply fed the customer a load of bullshit in the hopes he would go away.

If he didn't understand why, I wonder if he has the ability to correct the problem in V2. $800 is too much to spend on a product I can't feel any confidence in.

If he was just feeding the customer bullshit, I don't think I would want V2 then either. Even if he fixes the design problem, shit still happens, and I would be wary of trying to deal with this guy on a legitimate manufacturing defect.

I suspect it was a combination of both, that he didn't understand why he was having to reweld his own product at the track, and he fed the customer a line of BS to get rid of him as cheaply as possible. Just speaking for myself, he would have a real uphill battle now to convince me to buy any of his products.

And I'm actually in the market for an exhaust right now.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to extrashaky For This Useful Post:
civicdrivr (07-29-2016), Cole (07-29-2016), GT86Dan (08-01-2016), mixtape (07-28-2016)
Old 07-28-2016, 12:54 PM   #48
86geek

Drives: 2015 FRS Asphalt
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT86Dan View Post
I ended up buying a new exhaust to mount up. Going to weld the Dezod and hopefully sell it off. At this point i want nothing on my car to be associated with that company.
just curious what exhaust did you end up buying? Inquiring minds wants to know!

Opti-Coat & Cquartz Finest, Apexi Drop in Filter, 2.5 Perrin Res. Catback Exhaust
86geek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 86geek For This Useful Post:
GT86Dan (08-01-2016)
Old 07-28-2016, 03:04 PM   #49
Canehda
poverty cause racecar

Drives: Subaru BRZ JRSC'd
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
I love how Dezod comes out with "their" exhaust nearly a year after Ultimate racing came out with theirs, builds it with lower quality and then gives their customers a hard time on warranty claims...

But they gave their exhausts to popular people in community so thats their get out of jail free card

Heres a pic of the ultimate racing exhaust, not the support piece welded in on the top of the exhaust at the split...
Attached Images

Canehda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Canehda For This Useful Post:
GT86Dan (08-01-2016)
Old 07-28-2016, 04:49 PM   #50
extrashaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canehda View Post
Heres a pic of the ultimate racing exhaust, not the support piece welded in on the top of the exhaust at the split...
It has one on top AND bottom.

The Following User Says Thank You to extrashaky For This Useful Post:
Cole (07-29-2016)
Old 07-28-2016, 08:04 PM   #51
Canehda
poverty cause racecar

Drives: Subaru BRZ JRSC'd
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
It has one on top AND bottom.

As i said earlier in the thread, the Ultimate Racing catback was flawless for me, my friend I sold it to scraped it a bunch of times, tracked it and generally was hard on it and it never failed once, I am really considering purchasing another... If only it came in quad tip
Canehda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Canehda For This Useful Post:
Cole (07-29-2016)
Old 07-29-2016, 08:54 AM   #52
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
I think the most hilarious part of this, is Dezod "not wanting to waste people's time" and then basically telling them to get bent.

So glad I never ended up going through with buying one of their systems. Absolutely horrid customer service.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 05:31 PM   #53
DezodDevelopment

Drives: BRZ blue
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
@DezodDevelopment your warranty is not posted anywhere online. Is it included in documentation with the product?

Care to post the entire wording of your warranty?

http://dezod.com/return-policy

Purchase & Return Policy, Free Shipping and International Orders.

Purchasing & Exchange policy:

(Subject to change at anytime, without notice.)

All orders placed with Dezod Motorsports Inc (phone, fax, mail, internet/web and email) constitute the acknowledgement and acceptance of all conditions listed on Dezod Motorsports web site and all conditions listed below. All parts shall remain property of Dezod Motorsports until paid in full. All orders shipped to a New York address must pay state, county and city sales tax required by the New York Department of Taxation and Finance. In the event that an order placed on the web does not calculated sales tax and is being shipped to a New York address, Dezod Motorsports will calculate the sales tax when the order is processed and call or e-mail the customer with the new amount.

All prices, materials, design, color, contents included with a product, and product specifications are subject to change without notice. Some product images may be shown with optional items that are sold separately. Depending on the product(s) ordered and the destination of the order, certain shipping services may not be available.

All Credit Card & Paypal Orders can only be shipped to a verified Billing Address. Credit Card and Paypal orders will not be shipped until all information are verified and matched.

With any order cancellation, please contact us as soon as possible at 716-681-6666.Your card information will be verified for the order shortly after the order is placed. Canceling an order, once it has been placed, but prior to shipping will lead to a 5% charge. If the order is ready to ship, your card has been charged, but the order has not shipped a 25% restocking fee is applicable. If the order has already shipped from Dezod Motorsports or the manufacturer, regardless of destination, we cannot cancel your order. Dezod Motorsports reserves the right to deny an order cancellation

All engine modification components, except those that are exempt, have been designed and are intended for off-highway application.These components are legal in New York for race vehicles only, which may never be used on public roads and highways. Federal and many state laws prohibit the removal, modification, or rendering inoperable of any device or element of design affecting the vehicle emissions or safety in a vehicle used on public highways. Violation of such laws may subject the owner of the vehicle or user to a fine or penalty. Installation of said parts may void a vehicle's manufacturer warranty, if any. Vehicles modified by the use of performance parts may no longer be lawfully used on public highways. Furthermore, all engine parts, headlight units, light bulbs and electrical components are sold AS IS without any warranty and may not be returned. The end user assumes all costs and risks associated with these and other imported items.

Dezod Motorsports is not responsible for any actions taken with a fabricated part, and has full immunity against law suits involving the said product as all custom fabricated items including but not limited to: turbo kits, turbochargers, competition components, custom engine management systems etc, whichare for off-road competition use only and are not legal for sale or use on emission controlled vehicles.

Return for exchange or refundwill be allowed only within 14 calendar days from the date of order of merchandise with no exception. All authorized return merchandise must be unused and in its original saleable packaging. No return or exchange on merchandise that shows signs of having been installed, mounted, scratched or defaced will be allowed.A RETURN AUTHORIZATION NUMBER must be obtained before any returns can be made.We will not accept any returns without this number.Please write the R.A. Number clearly on the outside of the returning package and tag the item(s) inside with your name and the R.A Number. All returns must be received by Dezod Motorsports within 10 calendar days after the R.A. Number has been issued. The Return Authorization number does not imply a replacement or refund, but only that we will inspect the merchandise based on your claim. Returns must be sent freight prepaid and insured by you. Original shipping and handling charges are not refundable. A photo copy of your invoice showing the invoice number must accompany your return along with a written explanation and a contact phone number where we may be able to reach you.It is the responsibility of the customer/installer to verify the correct size and application of the parts before installation, as we are not responsible for purchase of an incorrect item.A 25% restocking fee will be assessed on all authorized returns. No cancellations, refunds, or exchanges on special order items, custom fabricated items or custom order items will be allowed.

It is also the customer's responsibility to repack the item(s) that are being returned and make sure that it is properly and securely packed with sufficient packaging material to prevent the item from being damaged. We cannot give credit or refund on a returned package thatbecame damaged due to insufficient packing. All hardware & accessories included in the original package needs to be returned or the customer will be charged. All returned items need to be insured (in case of lost or damaged) and we recommend the customer to get a tracking number to track the shipment.

Shortage/Damaged Shipment:

All merchandises are packed carefully and correctly utilizing a triple check method before it leaves our facility. Damaged shipments should be checked in the presence of the carrier. Please keep all shipping cartons and packing material for carrier inspection.Dezod Motorsports will not initiate any claims with the carrier.

Claims for shortage of items must be made within 48 hours after receipt of merchandise. Damaged shipment claims must be filed with the carrier, by the customer.

All special orders(personalized/specially fitted) items must be paid in full at the time of order. All special orders and custom orders will be processed in the most timely and efficient manner possible. However, Dezod Motorsports will not be held responsible for delays above and beyond its control.No cancellations, refunds, or exchanges on special order items or custom order items.

Custom fabricated partsare non returnable or refundable underany circumstances.These items are made to order to the customer's exact specifications, which may require extensive time frames and costs associated. The custom fabrication agreement must be completed, signed and returned for us to begin processing and creating any components requested. Any special circumstances regarding fitment or performance of the said custom product will be relayed to the customer, and a revised agreement must be sent and returned to continue production.

Dezod Motorsports is not responsible for any actions taken with a fabricated part, and has full immunity against law suits involving the said product as all custom fabricated items including but not limited to: turbo kits, turbochargers, competition components, custom engine management systems etc, whichare for off-road competition use only and are not legal for sale or use on emission controlled vehicles.

Any refused shipmentssent back to Dezod Motorsports does not constitute the right to a refund or credit. It is the customer's responsibility to make all arrangements Dezod Motorsports for refused shipments. Customer will be charged freight expenses associated with the refused shipment as well as a 25% restocking fee on all shipped products.

WARRANTY:

No warranty what so ever will be given if the defect was caused by customers' abuse, negligence, mishandling, or improper installation. All merchandise sold by Dezod Motorsports is only subject to manufacturer warranty, if any. Warranty items are subject to submission to the manufacturers for inspection and approval for repair or replacement of merchandise. Customer, however, will be responsible for all shipping and handling fees. No labor or inconvenience may be included in any warranty claims. There is no warranty on lights, light bulbs, decals, electrical parts, brake rotors. brake pads, discontinued items and engine parts. Check your state and local laws regarding the use on any parts.

By submitting the order, customers hereby acknowledge and agree to be abided the above "Terms and Conditions" of Dezod Motorsports.

It is the customer's responsibility to retain all invoices for their record and warranty claims.

Free Shipping:

Only to the contingous continental 48 states.

Shipping is done by any means we find suitable.

Shipment must be part of our FREE SHIPPING promotion.

This does not pertain to all products. The words "Free Shipping" must be denoted on the item.

International Orders:

We normally do not ship outside of the 50 United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. On occassion, we will ship outside these areas, but arrangements must be made prior to placing the order online.Not all products can be shipped outside of the United States and Dezod Motorsports reserves the right to deny, cancel orvoid anyinternational order outside of the 50 United States.

Please note: There may be additional fees and/or surcharges assessed to your order outside of the United States.
DezodDevelopment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 05:42 PM   #54
DezodDevelopment

Drives: BRZ blue
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
From an ethics and business standpoint I have shown that I am more than willing to repair the part, which according to someone here was a part of the two requirements. I clearly would not send that back to you with just a repair weld, we would obviously have implemented a similar reinforcement that we would to a V2.

I have offered everyone to send them to me for repair, my phone number is clearly posted. I'm happy to help anyone that needs it.

I'm not running from the problem, I'm here to help. We will do so following the policies and procedures put in place. If I were running from this problem I would not have made myself so available to you all or responded at all. I just want to make that clear that solutions are being presented.

Chris
DezodDevelopment is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DezodDevelopment For This Useful Post:
Aaronimoe (08-01-2016)
Old 07-29-2016, 06:07 PM   #55
mav1178

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezodDevelopment View Post
[
WARRANTY:

No warranty what so ever will be given if the defect was caused by customers' abuse, negligence, mishandling, or improper installation. All merchandise sold by Dezod Motorsports is only subject to manufacturer warranty, if any.
Fine, let me be a total **** about it.

WHERE IS THE MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY FOR YOUR DEZOD EXHAUST SYSTEMS?????????????????????????????????????

I don't care for your disclaimer about you only honoring manufacturer's warranty. You can't even tell me what your own warranty is for an exhaust with your own name on it.
Old 08-01-2016, 02:05 AM   #56
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)

Quote:
Fine, let me be a total **** about it.

WHERE IS THE MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY FOR YOUR DEZOD EXHAUST SYSTEMS?????????????????????????????????????

I don't care for your disclaimer about you only honoring manufacturer's warranty. You can't even tell me what your own warranty is for an exhaust with your own name on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clipdat For This Useful Post:
GT86Dan (08-01-2016)