follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 07-15-2015, 03:42 PM   #15
xxscaxx

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Man, i'm not that stupid

I actually looked right over that datalog. You are way more qualified than I am, I was merely guessing just based off what issues he described.
xxscaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 03:50 PM   #16
nelsmar

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxscaxx View Post
Man, i'm not that stupid

I actually looked right over that datalog. You are way more qualified than I am, I was merely guessing just based off what issues he described.
I hope you weren't thinking I was implying your stupid lol. That want the purpose of my post! I just hate when people skip communicating with their tuber and think there is a generic cause for their problem when in fact they are retrofitting the majority of the operation of the engine and ecu to work in a certain way. :/

If I was the tuner and I saw this post I would just *facepalm*. There is more I saw in the logs but that really just needs to be talked about with the tuner. Such as how the car doesn't get into the init faze for ltft... Which can be caused by a number of issues.
Old Setup: Vortech Supercharged 360WHP/262WTQ @ 11.5psi
My build thread - WTF happened to nelsmar's car thread
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 03:50 PM   #17
BRZtoni
Turbo E85

Drives: 13 wrb brz
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsmar View Post
1. Your manifold pressure is super high for being idle... Its almost atmospheric pressure when it should be something like 0.3-0.45 bar at idle. You are over twice that... Turn the car off, then on (engine at 0RPM) and verify your manifold pressure is around 1 bar, it should nearly match your atmospheric pressure (which is listed in kpa so kpa/100 = bar). If not you have the incorrect scaling on your map sensor.

2. Talk to your tuner about the health of your car, not a bunch of idiots on a forum that are all guessing.

You have replaced your MAF housing, your injectors, your pump, and your manifold pressure sensor, and o2 sensor housing. You know... the majority of the equipment used to supply fuel to your vehicle.These all need to be carefully calibrated correctly and asking a bunch of random people on the internet is just second guessing your tuner and beating around the bush. You should be asking him/her what to adjust and verifying your components are correct. If you came here because your tuner is no longer helping you then you need another tuner. However I highly doubt that is the reason you are posting this thread.

You obviously have an issue considering your manifold pressure is well beyond 2x normal at idle, your stock o2 is maxing out on lean (as in it doesn't read fuel or is really running ungodly lean), your injector pulse width is very high at idle... none of this makes very much sense if the correct calibrations were entered into the tune.

i have notified @DeliciousTuning regarding my concern awaiting for a reply. just trying to self diagnose my vehicle to see if im missing anything..
Old 07-15-2015, 03:52 PM   #18
nelsmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZtoni View Post
i have notified @DeliciousTuning regarding my concern awaiting for a reply. just trying to self diagnose my vehicle to see if im missing anything..
verify your manifold pressure at 0rpm. Then talk to your tuner. The logs will and do tell what is wrong. And bill isn't stupid. he might be busy at times but i am sure he will get you sorted out.
Old 07-15-2015, 04:35 PM   #19
BRZtoni
Turbo E85

Quote:
1. Your manifold pressure is super high for being idle... Its almost atmospheric pressure when it should be something like 0.3-0.45 bar at idle. You are over twice that... Turn the car off, then on (engine at 0RPM) and verify your manifold pressure is around 1 bar, it should nearly match your atmospheric pressure (which is listed in kpa so kpa/100 = bar). If not you have the incorrect scaling on your map sensor.

2. Talk to your tuner about the health of your car, not a bunch of idiots on a forum that are all guessing.

You have replaced your MAF housing, your injectors, your pump, and your manifold pressure sensor, and o2 sensor housing. You know... the majority of the equipment used to supply fuel to your vehicle.These all need to be carefully calibrated correctly and asking a bunch of random people on the internet is just second guessing your tuner and beating around the bush. You should be asking him/her what to adjust and verifying your components are correct. If you came here because your tuner is no longer helping you then you need another tuner. However I highly doubt that is the reason you are posting this thread.

You obviously have an issue considering your manifold pressure is well beyond 2x normal at idle, your stock o2 is maxing out on lean (as in it doesn't read fuel or is really running ungodly lean), your injector pulse width is very high at idle... none of this makes very much sense if the correct calibrations were entered into the tune.
Quote:
verify your manifold pressure at 0rpm. Then talk to your tuner. The logs will and do tell what is wrong. And bill isn't stupid. he might be busy at times but i am sure he will get you sorted out.
LJ just sent me a base map so i can test out to verify its the tune. he does say my log is running lean. so ill find out once i get home to check the car.
Old 07-15-2015, 04:44 PM   #20
enjetek

Drives: 93.5 supra t & prius
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
LJ just sent me a base map so i can test out to verify its the tune. he does say my log is running lean. so ill find out once i get home to check the car.
we need more gas captain! (at idle and slight throttle)
enjetek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 06:08 PM   #21
GsxrMe

Drives: Late 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I'm so happy for you BRZtoni. I personally can't wait for my kit and exhaust from FBM! My clutch just came in today. So I get to stare at my clutch and think of my turbo kit
GsxrMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 06:54 PM   #22
cdrazic93
Junior

Drives: a car
Thanked 2,512 Times in 1,502 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Gee thanks Nels
"Ah! What music! They could have never imagined, those pioneers who invented the automobile, that it would posses us like this, our imaginations, our dreams. Men love women, but even more than that, men love CARS!"-Lord Hesketh
cdrazic93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:36 PM   #23
nelsmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrazic93 View Post
Gee thanks Nels
Don't worry I still love each and every one of us retards. <3 =D
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nelsmar For This Useful Post:
cdrazic93 (07-15-2015), IBill4You (07-16-2015), xxscaxx (07-16-2015)
Old 07-15-2015, 11:35 PM   #24
BRZtoni
Turbo E85

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjetek View Post
we need more gas captain! (at idle and slight throttle)

UPDATE: 7/15/2015

LJ sent me a base tune
my car started took a couple cranks ( is this normal) ( possibly a tune issue?)
then car idles proper my A/F ratio looked good was 12-13 i think..

i took the car on a drive and it felt smooth and idled right at 900rpm.
i drove it for 20 minutes and it felt fantastic boost and etc worked great!

i drove the car to fuzionteknique to talk to alex because i been bothering him so much about my issues and showed him how its driving and etc.. my car idled at FT for 5 minutes and it died. i had a hard time starting my car. i removed my fuel pump on the spot to make sure i did everything correct and good. we let car sit for a couple minutes and it started after cranking multiple times.

what do you guys think? obviously I'm just writing all of this to vent and maybe self diagnose and because Full-blown and delicious is closed by now... now that i tested LJ's base tune from Full-blown i feel like sometimes is wrong with the tune i received from delicious tuning . i will contact both LJ and Bill tomorrow about my concerns and pick their brains and see what they can do..

NOTE: after driving the car stock and UEL+ stage 2 tune from delicious and now
turbo..

this car feels so much different. a lot quieter at idle and start up then N/A with headers.. but so much louder when going at the 5K+ RPM.. open dump tube haha..

I'm sure my issues I'm having now is tune issues because mechanically the car is driving proper with LJ's tune. just having a starting issue now which the car cranks crank crank multiple times then starts and stalling issue every once in a while at idle.
Old 07-16-2015, 01:23 AM   #25
enjetek

Drives: 93.5 supra t & prius
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
got pm. i had the same issues with my car until i found a competent tuner (combination of churchs automotive for WOT and a guy that only did supras from MVP Motorsports to do the light throttle tuning).

idle after warm up a/f should be around ~14.7+- but definitely richer as the car is warming up since you gotta let the car drink gas to get higher rpms right?
enjetek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 01:30 AM   #26
BRZtoni
Turbo E85

crossing fingers hoping @DeliciousTuning will help me!
Old 07-16-2015, 10:45 AM   #27
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
UPDATE: 7/15/2015

LJ sent me a base tune
my car started took a couple cranks ( is this normal) ( possibly a tune issue?)
then car idles proper my A/F ratio looked good was 12-13 i think..

i took the car on a drive and it felt smooth and idled right at 900rpm.
i drove it for 20 minutes and it felt fantastic boost and etc worked great!
LJ sent you a basemap. That is about all it is supposed to do is get you to a tuner. My guess is that what @nelsmar told you is correct and for some reason there was a miscommunication between you and Delicious about what MAP sensor you are running. There are three main things that need to be correct in the tune for the car to run properly:

MAP Scaling
MAF Scaling
Injector Scaling
Old 07-16-2015, 11:53 AM   #28
nelsmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
LJ sent you a basemap. That is about all it is supposed to do is get you to a tuner. My guess is that what @nelsmar told you is correct and for some reason there was a miscommunication between you and Delicious about what MAP sensor you are running. There are three main things that need to be correct in the tune for the car to run properly:

MAP Scaling
MAF Scaling
Injector Scaling
Yeah he quite obviously has injector issues for sure and most probably MAP from that short log... I didn't bother looking at the MAF though.

P.S. You boosted a high compression engine, please be safe and don't be hitting boost until you get it to a tuner. This is why I like to have the car dyno tuned right off the bat vs flashing, and waiting a few days for feedback =/

The cars are simliar enough a generic rom can be made but if your having these many issues (likely due to MAP & injectors, as delicious usually uses a different set of injectors) then I would let it mellow out until you get it tuned and avoid driving it. If you had the exact setup that delicious typically uses then the car should run a bit more within the margin of error.
The Following User Says Thank You to nelsmar For This Useful Post:
ramiram1984 (07-16-2015)