follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Great Lakes

Great Lakes IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI

User Tag List

Old 08-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #1345
eikond
Wish Nissan made one

Drives: '13 WRB BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
So what's the best way to check out the dream cruise???

I want to bring the wife and kids down either Friday night or Saterday or both.. I'm just not sure where to go, where to park, what to bring, etc.. Even though I was up here last year around this time, I drove back to Ohio for the weekend so I didn't really get to check out the dream cruise at all.

Anyone have a good idea for a gameplan?

I was thinking we'd pile into the car, bring a few chairs, a cooler with lunch/dinner/drinks, and just find a corner and hang out and watch cars go by. But I'm not sure where to go and park, etc..
eikond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #1346
Mac1235

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eikond View Post
So what's the best way to check out the dream cruise???

I want to bring the wife and kids down either Friday night or Saterday or both.. I'm just not sure where to go, where to park, what to bring, etc.. Even though I was up here last year around this time, I drove back to Ohio for the weekend so I didn't really get to check out the dream cruise at all.

Anyone have a good idea for a gameplan?

I was thinking we'd pile into the car, bring a few chairs, a cooler with lunch/dinner/drinks, and just find a corner and hang out and watch cars go by. But I'm not sure where to go and park, etc..
Between 13 and 14 mile is going to be the highest density of nice cars and activities. If you want a decent spot plan on leaving early, I live off of Woodward on a side street called Birwood. Look for little streets you can park on and you will have to walk up to Woodward. Trying to find a place to park on Woodward will be a nightmare and if you leave around the time it shuts down and you are parked on Woodward, god speed. Plan on parking in a spot where you can quickly get away from Woodward by miles before trying to get on an expressway. I am not sure what the parking will be like and I would offer you a spot in front of my house but we are having a party on Saturday and I doubt there will be any spots available. If you get a spot and can make it up to Woodward I would just park ya chairs and cooler in a good spot and watch the cars go by, they will be cruising all day and night on Friday and Saturday. Eikond my number is 810-304-2209, give me a call on Saturday or Friday and I will let you know if my street has room, it is like 1/4 mile from Woodward, maybe a 2 minute walk down a nice neighborhood. If it is on Friday I will for sure have a spot open in my driveway/street.
Mac1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mac1235 For This Useful Post:
dsgerbc (08-15-2013)
Old 08-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #1347
eikond
Wish Nissan made one

Drives: '13 WRB BRZ Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac1235 View Post
Between 13 and 14 mile is going to be the highest density of nice cars and activities. If you want a decent spot plan on leaving early, I live off of Woodward on a side street called Birwood. Look for little streets you can park on and you will have to walk up to Woodward. Trying to find a place to park on Woodward will be a nightmare and if you leave around the time it shuts down and you are parked on Woodward, god speed. Plan on parking in a spot where you can quickly get away from Woodward by miles before trying to get on an expressway. I am not sure what the parking will be like and I would offer you a spot in front of my house but we are having a party on Saturday and I doubt there will be any spots available. If you get a spot and can make it up to Woodward I would just park ya chairs and cooler in a good spot and watch the cars go by, they will be cruising all day and night on Friday and Saturday. Eikond my number is 810-304-2209, give me a call on Saturday or Friday and I will let you know if my street has room, it is like 1/4 mile from Woodward, maybe a 2 minute walk down a nice neighborhood. If it is on Friday I will for sure have a spot open in my driveway/street.

Awesome!!! Great input.. thanks!

I'll text/call on Friday. I think we might come down both days.. Wife has to work on Sat, but I'll bring my two boys. If we can park by your place Friday that would be great.. we'll figure something out for Sat parking then someplace else.

Thanks Mac!
eikond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:18 PM   #1348
Sevs753

Drives: BRZ, Canyon
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
So last week, i decided to order the single tip muffler delete. It arrived today and I installed it. First impressions, I'm glad I went for the single rather than the dual tip. It is loud.

Some notes: The sound is nice when cruising at 70+. It's loud but still nice around town. The single tip looks a little weird but i'm not too worried about that.

The big problem though, which is making me have seconds thoughts, is that when cruising at 55 in 6th, it is LOUD. So loud that I can't even hear myself think. Is there something I can do about that or is it just something I'll have to live with?

I just installed it tonight so I'm going to give it a couple days. I still haven't experienced the sound on a cold start either.
Sevs753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:34 AM   #1349
Cameronghanson

Drives: n/a
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevs753 View Post
So last week, i decided to order the single tip muffler delete. It arrived today and I installed it. First impressions, I'm glad I went for the single rather than the dual tip. It is loud.

Some notes: The sound is nice when cruising at 70+. It's loud but still nice around town. The single tip looks a little weird but i'm not too worried about that.

The big problem though, which is making me have seconds thoughts, is that when cruising at 55 in 6th, it is LOUD. So loud that I can't even hear myself think. Is there something I can do about that or is it just something I'll have to live with?

I just installed it tonight so I'm going to give it a couple days. I still haven't experienced the sound on a cold start either.
If you had the dual delete, alot of people put in small resonators In between which at a local shop should be around 80 or so. Not sure if there is enough room with the single but you could check. Interestingly I've heard both and I think the single is actually a bit louder but they are similar. Either way if there is enough room, from everything I've read, the resonator eliminates pretty much all of your complaints.

Last edited by Cameronghanson; 08-16-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Cameronghanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:51 AM   #1350
Mac1235

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameronghanson View Post
If you had the dual delete, alot of people put in small resonators In between which at a local shop should be around 80 or so. Not sure if there is enough room with the single but you could check. Interestingly I've heard both and I think the single is actually a bit louder but they are similar. Either way if there is enough room, from everything I've read, the resonator eliminates pretty much all of your complaints.
I think one of the greatest tragedies of our time is that I haven't seen your Tesla/sat in it yet! My company does all the paint from electrocoat to clear on the Tesla cars and I want to inspect our handiwork since I work in the paint field. I think we can call this a business thing and field testing exercises, so for the benefit of my career we need to make this happen! If you are ever cruising Woodward with it near 13 and 14 mile, let me know I am no joke 30 seconds away, 810-304-2209.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:02 AM   #1351
Cameronghanson

Drives: n/a
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
I think one of the greatest tragedies of our time is that I haven't seen your Tesla/sat in it yet! My company does all the paint from electrocoat to clear on the Tesla cars and I want to inspect our handiwork since I work in the paint field. I think we can call this a business thing and field testing exercises, so for the benefit of my career we need to make this happen! If you are ever cruising Woodward with it near 13 and 14 mile, let me know I am no joke 30 seconds away, 810-304-2209.
Welllllll If you want to see a bunch of model S's mine included come by 28000 Woodward ave in Royal Oak today after 5 or tomorrow pretty much all day. A bunch of people on the tesla forum organized an event for just teslas (although I may bring the BRZ at the request of a few members). May be a few roadsters but for sure 4-6 model Ss and a nice group. You can tell them how you are responsible for their paint jobs!
Ill for sure be there tonight and id love to check out your ST. 2488729772. Let me know!
Cameronghanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:35 PM   #1352
DKPJester

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameronghanson View Post
although I may bring the BRZ at the request of a few members
So the Toyobaru set is asking you to bring your S and the S group is asking you to bring your BRZ. Too many nice cars.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #1353
Mac1235

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKPJester View Post
So the Toyobaru set is asking you to bring your S and the S group is asking you to bring your BRZ. Too many nice cars.
1st world problems for sure! I want to have these problems too.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #1354
Accurate Race Shop

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
I'll be out that way tomorrow I'll stop by and check it out.

Sent from my Q10
Accurate Race Shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:39 AM   #1355
goshem

Drives: 16' WRX
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hey guys, just chiming in on my BRZ. Ordered a week ago and I just got my VON order number. ETA of delivery will be around December for this 14', can't wait to share it with you guys! Stay safe around woodward this weekend.
goshem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to goshem For This Useful Post:
Cameronghanson (08-17-2013)
Old 08-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #1356
Accurate Race Shop

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by goshem View Post
Hey guys, just chiming in on my BRZ. Ordered a week ago and I just got my VON order number. ETA of delivery will be around December for this 14', can't wait to share it with you guys! Stay safe around woodward this weekend.
Congrats on getting your von kinda sucks they are not going to get to you until winter time but that gives you plenty of time to do the break in and get any mods done before spring.

Sent from my Q10
Accurate Race Shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #1357
kask2_6.0

Drives: 13 BRZ
Quote:
Yeah I really had to get some things at Home Depot so I went in and went shopping. If anyone is around on Saturday give me a call because I live 5 seconds off Woodward and I am going to be having family and friends over for yard games and beer and food. If anyone wanted to they could stop in.
I was hoping to stop out for a bit but unfortunately I have too much to get done today
kask2_6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #1358
Noire
Bee Enchanter

Drives: LR ZCA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Just installed JDM side markers and the Perrin MC brace and gave the car a bath so debating heading out there...
Noire is offline   Reply With Quote