follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 08-14-2014, 11:28 PM   #1303
Deathalo

Drives: 2013 WR Blue Limited Manual BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foobar View Post
So I think I have one of the incorrect USB harnesses as well.

This is the one I've got:

Based on what folks are saying here, I should have the one with the grey hood and not the brown one. Right?

EDIT: Just found this thread on the Taco forums: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...w-connect.html apparently the two harnesses out there are AX-TOYUSB and AX-TOYUSB2. The first one is what we want and that goes right into the head unit. The AX-TOYUSB-2 is designed to plug into a Toyota vehicle that has a Multimedia Interface ECU, which I don't think includes our cars.

So for anyone looking to purchase this USB harness - I guess you want to get AX-TOYUSB and not AX-TOYUSB2 - could those of you with the correct harness confirm this?
Mine was gray and worked, that doesn't look the same, probably the incorrect one that's been floating around (seems the amazon supplier has dun fucked up)
Deathalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:30 PM   #1304
DriftEm

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Ok, so I've tried to get Torque to work with USB or BT. I got both of them to connect to Torque but have not been able to get it to communicate with the car. This happens only with Dashlinq4, when I use my Nexus 7 I have no problem connecting with BT and communicating with car. For USB I'm using a OBDLink SX and for BT I'm using OBDLink MX. Anyone out there that got Torque working with these adapters?
Old 08-15-2014, 01:15 AM   #1305
DC2R

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathalo View Post
Mine was gray and worked, that doesn't look the same, probably the incorrect one that's been floating around (seems the amazon supplier has dun fucked up)
Yeah I believe mine was gray also

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
DC2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:00 AM   #1306
SilverlightPony

Drives: '13 Subaru BRZ, '06 Toyota 4Runner
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I got the brown one. Hacked it apart and jury-rigged something together.
SilverlightPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:46 PM   #1307
DriftEm

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Youtube doesn't work for me. It doesn't play any videos. I got error "there was a problem while playing"
Old 08-15-2014, 10:27 PM   #1308
DC2R

All video whether YouTube or in browser just shows as colored dots moving around on the screen like a screen saver the audio works but the video is very weird

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2014, 11:47 PM   #1309
phanguy

Drives: Scion FR-S Ultramarine
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
reflashed mine today to the most recent update posted in the thread. froze the car home and got nova as the default. sd app keeps auto starting and playing the music i have in there whenever i power up. i want to play in something else... anyone think it's safe to just freeze the sd card app as well?

also anyone try or know how to open up the bluetooth to act like normal bluetooth? i really want to use tablet talk with this head unit.
phanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 12:24 AM   #1310
SilverlightPony

Drives: '13 Subaru BRZ, '06 Toyota 4Runner
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Updated to the latest firmware, which also resulted in resetting the trial period for PowerAmp, so I've got another 14 days to try to figure out why it doesn't want to read my playlists properly. Would someone who uses PowerAmp on this unit and doesn't mind doing some research for me please PM me?
SilverlightPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:16 AM   #1311
Prog

Drives: 2016 Cadillac CTS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanguy View Post
reflashed mine today to the most recent update posted in the thread. froze the car home and got nova as the default. sd app keeps auto starting and playing the music i have in there whenever i power up. i want to play in something else... anyone think it's safe to just freeze the sd card app as well?

also anyone try or know how to open up the bluetooth to act like normal bluetooth? i really want to use tablet talk with this head unit.
I froze the SDcard app a while back (which also freezes USB app since they're the same thing).
Prog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:40 AM   #1312
DC2R

Quote:

Ta Yeahg shouldn't be any problem freezing as card app.

Bluetooth is locked down. Try mighty text if you have network connection.

I installed apex launcher and froze car home. Wake from sleep doesn't work. Just fresh boots when i start car. Does nova not do this?

Old 08-16-2014, 02:10 PM   #1313
Deathalo

Garage
Quote:

I answered this a few times before, just downlad App Quarantine root, it's free and can freeze/unfreeze just fine. Freeze the "SDHC" app and enjoy using whatever other music app you please.
Old 08-16-2014, 02:12 PM   #1314
Deathalo

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2R View Post
Ta Yeahg shouldn't be any problem freezing as card app.

Bluetooth is locked down. Try mighty text if you have network connection.

I installed apex launcher and froze car home. Wake from sleep doesn't work. Just fresh boots when i start car. Does nova not do this?

This was just talked about like 2 or 3 pages back, this happens when carhome is disabled EXCEPT when the FM/AM radio app is active. It doesn't even have to be playing, I just make sure it's running in the background, you can tell if it's in the notification area and you can still play other music or use other apps just fine with the radio app one in the background without actually hearing the radio. And at the very least you can always just tap the radio hard button right before turning your car off.
The Following User Says Thank You to Deathalo For This Useful Post:
DC2R (08-16-2014)
Old 08-16-2014, 09:09 PM   #1315
DC2R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathalo View Post
This was just talked about like 2 or 3 pages back, this happens when carhome is disabled EXCEPT when the FM/AM radio app is active. It doesn't even have to be playing, I just make sure it's running in the background, you can tell if it's in the notification area and you can still play other music or use other apps just fine with the radio app one in the background without actually hearing the radio. And at the very least you can always just tap the radio hard button right before turning your car off.
I'm going to try to add that and waze to run on boot and see how it goes

Old 08-18-2014, 12:06 PM   #1316
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Drives: '19 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Thanked 1,062 Times in 738 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onelifeliveit View Post
Does anyone use google play music on this? When I am on radio, it doesn't play the next song automatically. I have to press the 'next' button everytime.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Was this ever resolved? I'm seeing the same issue.
Foobar is offline   Reply With Quote