follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 01-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #113
Efenys

Drives: Galaxy Blue 6sp BRZ LTD
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0sl0w View Post
I wanted to add the dealer I bought my car from to the list.

Lancaster County Motors, East Petersburg PA, Salesman Jonathan Furukawa.

Talked to him back in February at the Harrisburg Auto Show, told him about being interested in the BRZ and that I was saving for a '14, but that I wanted to test drive one before placing an order. A month ater I called him up and he let me test drive one they had being fully aware I had no intention of ordering one until June. Fast forward to May and I couldn't take the wait any longer, was perusing their website and saw a DGM Limited manual (exactly what I wanted) listed at MSRP with a "Call for Price". Bear in mind I live 30 miles away from the dealership.

So I called and left him a message, he called the next morning and gave me a straight up price immediately (1,300 off MSRP) checked on the details I was interested in and guaranteed me that price for a week and a half. The best part was how he/they handled my trade. I emailed him the VIN and details of the my car and everything I'd done to it. after a phone call to clarify some details they came back with a number that was very close to payoff and $1k better than any other dealer had offered, SIGHT UNSEEN. This of course had me worried that they might bait and switch me when they saw the car (my car was very clean but you never know..) and try to lowball me.

Instead when I arrived late in the evening Jonathan took one look at the car commented on how clean it was and when I asked for an extra few hundred for the difference in trade-in offer and payoff he gave it to me without a moments hesitation.

Jonathan also got me set up a while later with the dealer computer to set up the configurable options and touched up a paint chip on the inside of the driver door.

C/N: Great sales guy put up with my difficult ass, gave me a fair value on my trade, sight unseen, and didn't pull any bullshit games when it came time to sigh papers.
Not to be that guy but i'll never support Lancaster Subaru. I strongly recommend that your salesperson be cited on the front page here. Sales person dismissed me almost immediately without a test drive. I had to go to MASS to get mine from Steve Lewis (AWESOME). I then had my BRZ taken in for service and got my bill with no problem found on every item i took it in for. Took it up to Subaru in Allentown(HORRIBLE sales dept. AWESOME service dept.) and they fixed everything without a second question.

Your sales person was awesome. But my few encounters there and their unbelievably bad reviews online lead me to think you found the diamond in the rough. I wish i knew about this sales person when i was searching.
Efenys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:16 PM   #114
dpesce
Young Blood

Drives: 2013 Red BRZ 2.0 Premium
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
VA - Leesburg - Dulles Motorcars
Salesman: David Tavenner (Very low pressure salesman)

2013 BRZ Premium- $23,600.

Ended Up $26,300 OTD - With tax, tags, and fees. & the year end 0% for 63 Mo.
I was in a hurry and didn't even try to negotiate so I think at best I could have gotten the $550 dealer fee taken off, or gotten some freebies if I paid cash. All in all, very happy!
dpesce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dpesce For This Useful Post:
Deslock (01-07-2014)
Old 01-03-2014, 01:16 AM   #115
s0sl0w
Proud of Boxer

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efenys View Post
Not to be that guy but i'll never support Lancaster Subaru. I strongly recommend that your salesperson be cited on the front page here. Sales person dismissed me almost immediately without a test drive. I had to go to MASS to get mine from Steve Lewis (AWESOME). I then had my BRZ taken in for service and got my bill with no problem found on every item i took it in for. Took it up to Subaru in Allentown(HORRIBLE sales dept. AWESOME service dept.) and they fixed everything without a second question.

Your sales person was awesome. But my few encounters there and their unbelievably bad reviews online lead me to think you found the diamond in the rough. I wish i knew about this sales person when i was searching.
That's anywhere, I had the same problem with Evelyn at Faulkner, nor am I the only one in the area that won't buy from Faulkner Subaru because of the sales staff. I was just talking g to a guy at a gas station today who also made the drive to LCM Subaru amd had a different saleman but received the same excellent service. Dunno what to tell you but I have yet to meet someone unhappy with them.
s0sl0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:50 AM   #116
ramiram1984

Drives: 2016 STi DGM
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Tacoma Subaru.
$25,082 for 2014 premium 6MT with auto dim/homelink mirror, trunk tray and chrome fender trim. 24 miles.
Deslock (01-07-2014)
Old 01-03-2014, 04:01 PM   #117
jtsay

Drives: Mazda 3
CO - Colorado Springs - Clint Earhart - sales

Sales: Clint Earhart
Story: Emailed Clint saying I was interested in buying a limited 6MT BRZ from the Bay Area, California. He called me with a quote for $25,696. I just took it, no negotiation needed. +$389 for dealer fees, 9% CA sales tax, $25 DMV fee, $725 delivery, and the total ended up around 29k out the door. Clint was extremely responsive throughout the process and answered my random small questions immediately. He sent me pictures and video of the car when it was being picked up for delivery, and 4-5 days later, here I am with my new car. All in all, a great, hassle-free experience.
jtsay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jtsay For This Useful Post:
Deslock (01-07-2014)
Old 01-03-2014, 04:31 PM   #118
SamS

Drives: '13 BRZ, '99 Forester,'06 Duc S2R1k
WI - Mequon - Sommers Subaru - Both

WI - Mequon - Sommers Subaru - Both

Sales - I dealt with Mark Krueger. He has owned/tracked Honda S2000's and "gets it" when it comes to the appeal of BRZ's.
Service - I went to them for all major services on my '06 Forester XT and plan to use them for major BRZ services as well. Never had any issues.
SamS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SamS For This Useful Post:
Deslock (01-07-2014)
Old 01-03-2014, 05:08 PM   #119
chas3wba0

Drives: Yes
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
CO - Colorado Springs - Heuberger Motors - Sales

Sales: Clint
Service: N/A
Story: Yet another success story with purchasing from Clint. Took a little longer than I'd anticipated, but well worth the wait considering the savings and excellent customer service. Clint and his colleagues know what they're doing and strive only to get you the exact car you want for a reasonable price. I did not get to meet the man himself in person, but he was always available via text or email, and was very patient with answering all my annoying questions! Car was delivered with 12 miles on the odo, dirty but without a scratch.
chas3wba0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chas3wba0 For This Useful Post:
Deslock (01-07-2014)
Old 01-03-2014, 06:28 PM   #120
xcalkb24

Drives: 2013 LR BRZ Limited
CO - Colorado Springs - Heuberger Motors - Sales

Sales: Clint
Service: N/A
Story: The sales process could not be smoother and Clint was there every step of the way to answer any and all questions that I had promptly. Him and his colleagues are all professional, friendly, and most importantly, gave no pressure at all during the process. The deal was awesome (0% financing on a BRZ!?!??!!) and I couldn't be happier. Definitely would recommend to others.
xcalkb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xcalkb24 For This Useful Post:
Deslock (01-07-2014)
Old 01-05-2014, 02:39 AM   #121
Ayce
Spiral Inspired

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
VT - Berlin - Twin City Subaru - sales

http://www.twincitysubaru.com/index.htm

Sales: John Henning / Dave Birmingam
Story: Their auction on Ebay for a new BRZ Limited with 5 miles did not have a reserve and I won for a lot less than invoice. They initially refused to sell, however I contacted the owner and after some deliberation they decided to honor the deal. Transaction was fast and painless at that point and they were great to work with. It was an awkward situation and I think it was an honest mistake...not many dealerships would've done the right thing here and at the end of the day they belong on the whitelist. (I think this is their second mention on this thread).
Ayce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ayce For This Useful Post:
Deslock (01-07-2014)
Old 01-07-2014, 04:56 AM   #122
Deslock

Drives: 2013 DZE/01 (sold for MX5 ND1)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efenys View Post

The list in the original post links to each individual post, which contains more details including (hopefully) the sales person's name.

As with most things, YMMV. You could report your negative experience at Lancaster in the blacklist thread and your positive experience at Steve Lewis here (for example).
Old 01-07-2014, 07:31 AM   #123
Efenys

Drives: Galaxy Blue 6sp BRZ LTD
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deslock View Post
The list in the original post links to each individual post, which contains more details including (hopefully) the sales person's name.

As with most things, YMMV. You could report your negative experience at Lancaster in the blacklist thread and your positive experience at Steve Lewis here (for example).

Didn't even know there was one. And yes, it could have just been a bad day. Shit happens. Will post later.

Thanks
Efenys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:42 PM   #124
dren

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
KY - Florence - Joseph Subaru - Sales

http://www.josephsubaru.com/index.htm

Called and ordered a Limited BRZ over the phone in August 2012. Salesman sold it to me at invoice since I was paying cash, no fees or anything added. Picked it up in January 2013. The finance guy didn't try to sell me anything extra, just showed me the invoice and I signed. Easiest new car purchase I have made.
dren is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dren For This Useful Post:
Deslock (05-21-2014)
Old 01-17-2014, 02:18 PM   #125
calidus

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionbacker54 View Post
OH - Toledo - Yark - Sales

Sales: Steve Shenifield, Dave Boehm (manager)

Story: They only had black, but since I wanted WRB, they found one which was to be delivered at the end of the month to a dealer in Indiana. They then sent out a flat bed truck to bring the car to Toledo so I didn't have to make the drive. And, they gave me 2% below MSRP
Sales: Mark Thomas, Dave Boehm (manager)

Story: They gave me an good deal on their last 2013 BRZ($25285). They were helpful and nice to me as a first time car buyer. Mark was great, didn't know tons about the car's specs but made me very comfortable. The finance guy was little pushy on the extended warranty but was still pretty helpful.

Last edited by calidus; 01-19-2014 at 02:57 PM. Reason: more info
calidus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calidus For This Useful Post:
Deslock (05-21-2014)
Old 01-21-2014, 09:51 AM   #126
SpectreRT

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Think I forgot to post mine....

Stohlman Subaru at Tysons Corners / McLean VA.
- Purchase date: June 2013
- Sales person: Thomas Calvert
- The Deal: 2013 BRZ Limited DMG (OTD ~$28.5 including finance charges & extended bumper-bumper warranty)
- The experience: Fantastic. No bull$hit dealing with Thomas. He has a modified WRX, so chatting with him was actually fun.
- The service department: Fantastic, best service I've received in auto ownership. I deal with Ahmad and Carlos at this location. I've never been denied service and/or support. Multiple fuel pumps to get rid of chirps, alignments done, etc.

If you're in the VA area and looking for a BRZ, I highly recommend these guys. Great experience.
SpectreRT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SpectreRT For This Useful Post:
Deslock (05-21-2014)