follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 05-08-2014, 12:54 PM   #113
Andrew025

Drives: Neptune GR86
Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,806 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
threads like this are yet another example of how moderation on this forum is a joke.

and i love how people with basically stock cars always like to talk shit on people who actually put in time to do work to their cars, sure vic's car is nuts, and he is WELL aware of it.

guess i ruined my car too because its somewhat "flush"
I don't think anyone is saying flush is bad, just the crazy negative camber aka hellaflush.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:16 PM   #114
Ammonia

Drives: Whiteout FRS, Audi A4, 135i (sold)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
threads like this are yet another example of how moderation on this forum is a joke.

and i love how people with basically stock cars always like to talk shit on people who actually put in time to do work to their cars, sure vic's car is nuts, and he is WELL aware of it.

guess i ruined my car too because its somewhat "flush"

Your car, I love. Probably my favorite car on this site, you know this. You have sexy meaty tires. No stretch. You have very little camber. No Oni crap. You have tasteful mods. Nowhere near what Vic has.
WORLDS apart.
You're being a little dramatic, no offense.
SirBrass (05-09-2014)
Old 05-08-2014, 01:29 PM   #115
ATL BRZ
Driving Coach

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 4,137 Times in 1,707 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchMyHonda View Post
LOL that's my buddy Illia. Hes actually a super bad ass driver and is the owner of IND Distribution. Hes got more road race time with his customers insane m3, m5's and other crazy full race cars than most people on this board combined over their lifetime with their personal cars.
Cool. I had no doubt in my mind that he had learned from that mistake and moved on.

So that's a bad example in retrospect but it seemed at the time to be pretty encompassing of the Stance/Hellafail scene and their extracurricular activities, that one in particular being under the "risky devil" guise. I edited my post with a better example.
ATL BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ATL BRZ For This Useful Post:
TouchMyHonda (05-08-2014)
Old 05-08-2014, 01:41 PM   #116
Jive Turkey
the tuna, no crust.

Drives: 2014 Hachiroku of the year
Thanked 1,770 Times in 761 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammonia View Post
You're being a little dramatic, no offense.
i know this, i believe its called, Trolling, and thanks!

bottom line, who the fuck is ANYONE to tell someone else what they should do with their car?

you don't like it, move on. its that simple, at the very most all you should do, which is all i ever do is add constructive criticism like "i think it could look better if you change this, or add that"

straight out bashing however is not okay...unless said owner thinks he is god's gift to the modding world, in which case they need to be put in their place REAL quick.

however with threads like this, and constant flame fests on Facebook on various pictures and groups, the car world and true "enthusiasts" become harder to come by as the market is flooded with knock off parts and fanboys alike.

ANDDDD unsibscribed.

Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jive Turkey For This Useful Post:
Ammonia (05-08-2014), mav1178 (05-08-2014), xxscaxx (05-08-2014)
Old 05-08-2014, 02:02 PM   #117
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet

Drives: Firestorm FR-S: "Artemis"
Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
bottom line, who the fuck is ANYONE to tell someone else what they should do with their car?
I think the NTSB and other safety organizations would like to discuss that with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
It has priests in it?
HunterGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HunterGreene For This Useful Post:
chas3wba0 (05-08-2014), SirBrass (05-09-2014), tahdizzle (05-08-2014)
Old 05-08-2014, 02:04 PM   #118
xxscaxx

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
I laugh at the haters online. I would love for one of them to actually come up to me in person and tell me how stupid my car is or act as tough as they do on the internet

But TBH, I have NEVER had one person come up to me and tell me my car is ruined, it looks stupid, too much camber, etc. Now I'm sure there are people who may just walk by and mutter it, and thats fine and dandy. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and if you don't like my car, you aren't hurting my feelings because I don't mod a car for the general public, I mod it for myself.

I actually am not a fan of the huge amount of camber some people run (like on Vics car), but I still respect it as I would hope someone would respect my modding choices.

If people want to run crazy camber, an inch off the floor, destroy their fenders, tires, car, etc, then by all means let them. Who cares really lol.
xxscaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:08 PM   #119
Tainen

Drives: First SWP BRZ-L
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxscaxx View Post
If people want to run crazy camber, an inch off the floor, destroy their fenders, tires, car, etc, then by all means let them. Who cares really lol.

I care, when they put everyone around them at risk.

And no, just because others run around with barely running crap cars that do that too, doesn't make it okay.

Just because other people are also stupid and drift around corners on the street with similar risk, doesn't make it okay.

If you put others at risk, either themselves or their property, it is not okay.

If you keep it in a garage or in a parking lot and keep it off the roads, fine. Not gonna hear a word from me. If you drive that crap out on the roads with unsafe camber and put others at risk, I think you are a tool. Just like I think the person driving around with no brake lights or a missing bumper is a tool. Safety isn't a joke.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tainen For This Useful Post:
chas3wba0 (05-08-2014), SirBrass (05-09-2014), tahdizzle (05-08-2014), zdr93523 (05-08-2014)
Old 05-08-2014, 03:13 PM   #120
xxscaxx

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
But thats an actual legit reason. Not just internet trolling about how they shouldn't do this or that to a car because of what it is.
xxscaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:39 PM   #121
speedrye

Drives: 2007 FJ 6MT & 2013 FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
It's simple. Flush is pretty awesome when done well. Some camber is also awesome when it's appropriate for the track. 90 degrees of camber is also awesome as displayed below. The oni camber is just an unfortunate stepping stone between the two. They'll get here eventually:

Last edited by speedrye; 05-08-2014 at 04:19 PM.
speedrye is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to speedrye For This Useful Post:
Goya (05-08-2014), Pat.Thornton (01-11-2015), STV3 (05-08-2014), zdr93523 (05-08-2014)
Old 05-08-2014, 03:39 PM   #122
Goya

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Why? Because stance ‘a make her dance!
Goya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:20 PM   #123
trd_kid
13anned.

Drives: Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxscaxx View Post
I laugh at the haters online. I would love for one of them to actually come up to me in person and tell me how stupid my car is or act as tough as they do on the internet

But TBH, I have NEVER had one person come up to me and tell me my car is ruined, it looks stupid, too much camber, etc. Now I'm sure there are people who may just walk by and mutter it, and thats fine and dandy. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and if you don't like my car, you aren't hurting my feelings because I don't mod a car for the general public, I mod it for myself.

I actually am not a fan of the huge amount of camber some people run (like on Vics car), but I still respect it as I would hope someone would respect my modding choices.

You have bad friends then :P

But all joking aside I'm not a fan of the extreme amounts of camber and I tell my friends with the hella flush cars all the time "It looks okay , but it also looks broken annndd everyone thinks you bought your turbo kit for looks since you can't put the power down".

But that's because I like being honest with my friends and they understand I still respect them for building their car it's just not my taste anymore.

I honestly wish people would stop doing it , but it's
1) their money not mine
2) if it's a car like an s2k or sti it just makes the value go down that much more if I ever wanted to buy it off them
3) I have my own car to worry about then complain about a setup I don't drive.

The less you talk about it the less popular it is , the more people abandon the idea except for the diehard fans of the style
trd_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:28 PM   #124
tahdizzle
So elite I'm 1338

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,934 Times in 982 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Garage
Everything is cool, as long as those guys stay in the garage, parking lot, or on a trailer.
tahdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tahdizzle For This Useful Post:
zdr93523 (05-08-2014)
Old 05-08-2014, 04:35 PM   #125
TouchMyHonda
Vtec Jesus

Drives: 13 BRZ, 13 Golf R, 15 Audi S4
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL BRZ View Post
Cool. I had no doubt in my mind that he had learned from that mistake and moved on.

So that's a bad example in retrospect but it seemed at the time to be pretty encompassing of the Stance/Hellafail scene and their extracurricular activities, that one in particular being under the "risky devil" guise. I edited my post with a better example.
I am not sure why you single out Risky Devil. All members are actually incredible drivers that's are all relatively very experienced. Not all drift people are created equal.

People who build slammed drift cars that don't actually drift their cars are the lames you should pick on.
OFT Remote, OFH, Motiv OP & FP, Perrin 3' CB & 3' IT, Setrab/MoCal cooler, STI motor mounts, Wilwood 6/4 plot F&R 12.8 kits, Brake ducts, complete Whiteline catalog, complete bushing replacement, OSGiken clutch & Diff, 4.556 FD, Stance W/Spec valving 8/9 Swift.
TouchMyHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:01 PM   #126
ATL BRZ
Driving Coach

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 4,137 Times in 1,707 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchMyHonda View Post
I am not sure why you single out Risky Devil. All members are actually incredible drivers that's are all relatively very experienced. Not all drift people are created equal.

People who build slammed drift cars that don't actually drift their cars are the lames you should pick on.
I'm not trying to single out or pick on anyone. It was just an example to my point of it being a very bad idea to drive recklessly on public roads with unsafe slammed/cambered suspension setups. Drifting is cool; clubs for drifting enthusiasts that choose drift on tracks 100% of the time are cool too.

Unfortunately I've seen several videos of risky devil members driving recklessly on the street with questionable levels of sobriety and that bothers me. I'm by no means against anyone's build preferences, be it function or form, to each his own. The line is crossed when an owner decides to endanger themselves and others by taking an unsafe car out on to public roads and doing what you see in the video I linked to in an attempt to look cool in front of their peers. EDIT: One more video exposing risky devil's lack of concern for choosing safe, law-abiding drifting locations.

I have nothing but respect for drift builds and their enthusiast drivers. I lose that respect when I see them doing stupid stuff like in those videos.

Last edited by ATL BRZ; 05-08-2014 at 05:30 PM.
ATL BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
howmanycangetinb4tehlock?