follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 04:58 AM   #99
VAcuban

Drives: Totaled
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I didn't mention those things since you obviously accounted for all them in your $500 incidentals costs.

Quote:
You will change the complete dynamics and weight distribution of the car. Suspension is not something you can simply leave for later and is certainly not "irrelevant bullshit". You need to consider the whole package NOW before the projects not when you come to it. How is this basic concept unknown to you?
I had no attitude until you started in.
I'm sure it will. But I'm also sure it won't be a detrimental as you're dramatically trying to make it sound. I'm also sure I have 2 vehicles ATM and not being able to drive my project car around, if it came to that, until new parts came in wouldn't dampen my day.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:04 AM   #100
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAcuban View Post

I'm sure it will. But I'm also sure it won't be a detrimental as you're dramatically trying to make it sound. I'm also sure I have 2 vehicles ATM and not being able to drive my project car around, if it came to that, until new parts came in wouldn't dampen my day.
Own twe vehicles but no FRS yet so that makes the project pretty tough to start.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:20 AM   #101
VAcuban

Drives: Totaled
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wink

Quote:
Nice to have all the June award winners gathered in one spot.
I hereby present the award:

Quote:
Own twe [sic] vehicles but no FRS yet so that makes the project pretty tough to start.
Old 06-15-2017, 06:06 AM   #102
Tcoat

Quote:
OHHHHH no I had a typo. Oh god what will I ever do. I am so ashamed.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:10 AM   #103
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Here, I'll give you a hint..
Yeah... Just because a website is named after a concept car, doesn't mean that's the correct platform name, unless you're buying your car in Jamaica or Nicaragua. I can tell you're a bit deficient in the mind brain area, so I'll let you be.

I hope you run into obstacle after obstacle with your build, and it becomes such a money pit you need a second mortgage.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
Hawk77FT (07-18-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 07:14 AM   #104
Mule
Banned

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Yeah... Just because a website is named after a concept car, doesn't mean that's the correct platform name, unless you're buying your car in Jamaica or Nicaragua. I can tell you're a bit deficient in the mind brain area, so I'll let you be.

I hope you run into obstacle after obstacle with your build, and it becomes such a money pit you need a second mortgage.

Wow. I can only imagine what kind of bad shit is going on in YOUR life to have this much hatred oozing out of your pores.

Hope you get through it though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mule For This Useful Post:
VAcuban (06-15-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 07:16 AM   #105
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post
Wow. I can only imagine what kind of bad shit is going on in YOUR life to have this much hatred oozing out of your pores.

Hope you get through it though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did your parents wrap you up in bubble wrap and remember to tell you how special you were every single day of your childhood? What I said isn't hate. Closer to snark. Would hate to be you when you actually encounter adversity in your life
The Following User Says Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
Strife26 (12-01-2018)
Old 06-15-2017, 08:07 AM   #106
stevesnj

Drives: 2016 FR-S Oceanic Blue
Thanked 1,601 Times in 923 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post
Holy shit man why are so many ppl being ****s?? If you don't like the OP's creative vision there's zero need to shit all over him.

Jesus, so much hate in this forum...
Lot's of people on here do this because

A). Their jealous of an idea or car
2). They have lot's of time on their hand's.
c). Their just a$$ faces

For some it's all three. Welcome to the forum! Oy Vey!

My 2016 Build thread

TRD Exhaust with custom quad tips, TRD Lowering Springs,TRD Quick shifter,LED;DRL, Projectors, and turn signals. Re-badge, 86 Nanny, WinmaxW2 Pads, K&N Drop In, Antenna delete
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stevesnj For This Useful Post:
olsonpg (06-15-2017), Tcoat (06-15-2017), VAcuban (06-15-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 08:15 AM   #107
stevesnj

Quote:
Originally Posted by olsonpg View Post
The smugness of the elitest group on this forum is the reason I don't hop on like I used too.

Regardless, its an A+ forum with A+ members.

My 2016 Build thread

TRD Exhaust with custom quad tips, TRD Lowering Springs,TRD Quick shifter,LED;DRL, Projectors, and turn signals. Re-badge, 86 Nanny, WinmaxW2 Pads, K&N Drop In, Antenna delete
The Following User Says Thank You to stevesnj For This Useful Post:
olsonpg (06-15-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 08:24 AM   #108
KR-S
Sporadic Member

Drives: 2016 Halo FR-S M/T
Thanked 3,552 Times in 1,746 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shynee View Post
You need to understand why people use your forum. Just like the event owners need to think about why people come to those events. The elite circle needs to stop assuming that everyone is as smart or rich as they are and take a more community-style approach like in Japan.
Actually, between all the shitposting and such, that's exactly what happens here. You haven't been on this forum long enough, have you?

Quote:
Some people want to spread knowledge. Some people want to use the forum as an index for information. Some people want to ask questions or discuss new ideas. Some people want to buy and sell car parts. Some people want to post news, or read news about the platform. Some people want to talk about random shit with their 86 buddies. These are all different reasons for coming to the forum. There are more.

The only reasons currently supported and encouraged by the forum structure are buying/selling items (poorly executed), posting/reading news (yet no news section), and posting guides/seeking information.
Exactly what forum or forums are you using as a standard?

Quote:
If you want to ask questions or discuss ideas, prepare to have your thread derailed by the elitist circle. There is no other outcome, sadly.
Any questions that have been ridiculed by the community have been done because the question has been asked multiple times and can easily have been answered via a Google search. Many other forums do this.

If it's an idea, it's either stupid or already been thought of.

Quote:
If you want to spread knowledge, post a guide! But who knows if it will ever get any attention, or if it's even a good guide by community standards in the first place?
The majority of guides in the DIY section have been pretty good. For those that aren't, it all comes down to them being unnecessary, stupid, or outright dangerous.

Quote:
If you want to talk random crap with 86 buddies? There is an off-topic forum but it has no structure whatsoever. And you cannot discuss religion or politics which are two of the most popular off-topic discussion topics?
Elaborate on what you mean when you say it has no structure. Are you purely basing it off the Random Thoughts thread?

Religion and politics are off limits simply for the fact that they are very, very touchy topics. You want that, go on a forum either focused on that or where they will allow it. Myself, I'm fine without those topics.

Quote:
If you want to buy and sell car parts? Too bad because the forum doesn't sustain enough activity to do so. Also please follow all of the crappy sale post rules because we still use threads in a forum to buy and sell items. How hard is it to create another page separate from the forum and have a link to it where the current sale stuff is now? How about having ads for vendors so they actually have a reason to give this site their attention, given that it has a declining user base?
Can't speak for that part of the forum since I've never used it, but it seems to work for the users. If you have suggestions, this forum is all ears. And I talk from my own experiences on this forum.

Quote:
By the way, are any of the community guides even double-checked by someone who knows what they are doing? Or could someone post a guide with a misstep that essentially tells people to break their car? (worst case scenario)
And here you were complaining about guides failing to be up to par with community standards. You've completely contradicted yourself. Which is it? One, or the other?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyLooie View Post
Nah, homes. It's your dadda's hot goopey goop.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KR-S For This Useful Post:
Cole (06-15-2017), stevesnj (06-15-2017), Tcoat (06-15-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 08:25 AM   #109
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevesnj View Post
Lot's of people on here do this because

A). Their jealous of an idea or car
2). They have lot's of time on their hand's.
c). Their just a$$ faces

For some it's all three. Welcome to the forum! Oy Vey!
D) the idea is impractical or the OP is working with faulty information and people are just trying to help
5) There was never any insults or hate given. The OPs just have a chip on their shoulder and take any comment as a slam.

Many of the people that have spoken up here were not slamming the idea at all. It is the OP's misconception of what all is involved that is at contention not the engine swap it self.
Cole (06-15-2017), KR-S (06-15-2017), stevesnj (06-15-2017), Strife26 (12-01-2018)
Old 06-15-2017, 09:32 AM   #110
stevesnj

My 2016 Build thread

The Following User Says Thank You to stevesnj For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (06-15-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 09:34 AM   #111
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,097 Times in 8,333 Posts
Mentioned: 678 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
I woke up w this mess... done here. Party is over.

Some of you all timer, you guys were pretty close on the rules, plz keep it down... even they were asking for it.

Closed Thread

Tags
conversion, light, supra, tail, taillight