follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 04-27-2015, 02:14 PM   #1037
Jive Turkey
the tuna, no crust.

Drives: 2014 Hachiroku of the year
Thanked 1,770 Times in 761 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxscaxx View Post
Looks good Ivan..when I first saw the wheels I wasn't 100% sold on them but now that you have installed shots they look great. Can't wait to see it in person this summer.
thanks!

you still back and forth on yours?
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:15 PM   #1038
xxscaxx

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
thanks!

you still back and forth on yours?
yup..its apart in the garage right now Waiting on some incoming parts that have taken a little longer than planned to arrive, but oh well. Good thing I have the lesbo wagon to drive around in the meantime haha
xxscaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:18 PM   #1039
Jive Turkey
the tuna, no crust.

Quote:
yup..its apart in the garage right now Waiting on some incoming parts that have taken a little longer than planned to arrive, but oh well. Good thing I have the lesbo wagon to drive around in the meantime haha
i just got an email that said the lip i need can't get here for another month. (same lip i have now) and i really refuse to go with other brands because the polyurethane just isn't the same. HPT really is a nice product....so now where can i get a good CS lip? i don't want the STi style, even though i just got the OEM sti skirts....

i need a daily soon....probably because i want the cosworth SC and half cage.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:21 PM   #1040
xxscaxx

Quote:
i just got an email that said the lip i need can't get here for another month. (same lip i have now) and i really refuse to go with other brands because the polyurethane just isn't the same. HPT really is a nice product....so now where can i get a good CS lip? i don't want the STi style, even though i just got the OEM sti skirts....

i need a daily soon....probably because i want the cosworth SC and half cage.
Ya know I love the sti lip. But like the one we have now, just soooo many people have it. Unfortunately having the BRZ we are limited in options that actually don't look like crap. Its tough man. I really want to replace my whole entire kit but am up in the air on what i want. I have an idea...but with what i'm doing now, saving up for my wedding, and the 4 weddings i have this year, it won't be happening anytime soon lol.

Daily is the best thing ever. Only thing that sucks, is once you have one, you never want to drive the brz around lol
Old 04-27-2015, 02:26 PM   #1041
Jive Turkey
the tuna, no crust.

Quote:
Ya know I love the sti lip. But like the one we have now, just soooo many people have it. Unfortunately having the BRZ we are limited in options that actually don't look like crap. Its tough man. I really want to replace my whole entire kit but am up in the air on what i want. I have an idea...but with what i'm doing now, saving up for my wedding, and the 4 weddings i have this year, it won't be happening anytime soon lol.

Daily is the best thing ever. Only thing that sucks, is once you have one, you never want to drive the brz around lol
this is why i'm going with STi side skirts. the big spats in the rear that i have. the type 3 @Drivewaylabs diffuser whenever i can get that, and then the CS front lip. i'm ditching the splitter and waiting for my STi underskirt to arrive (yes i spent money on a piece of rubber molding). i think that will be the nice clean look i'm going for.

skirts will be half paint matched.

then off to body shop.

then it will sit for about 10 weeks as i study for the bar exam...and then have to buy a ring, I FEEL you on the weddings. got 3 myself. damn it. i don't want to go but i can't say no. taking away my mod moneyed!!!! so as of the next few weeks the car mods come to a screeching halt. but if i pass the NY bar exam first try i'm buying an LSD and a shorter final drive my graduation/bar gift to myself.

i want a RHD daily though...wtf is wrong with me
Old 04-27-2015, 02:30 PM   #1042
xxscaxx

Quote:
this is why i'm going with STi side skirts. the big spats in the rear that i have. the type 3 @Drivewaylabs diffuser whenever i can get that, and then the CS front lip. i'm ditching the splitter and waiting for my STi underskirt to arrive (yes i spent money on a piece of rubber molding). i think that will be the nice clean look i'm going for.

skirts will be half paint matched.

then off to body shop.

then it will sit for about 10 weeks as i study for the bar exam...and then have to buy a ring, I FEEL you on the weddings. got 3 myself. damn it. i don't want to go but i can't say no. taking away my mod moneyed!!!! so as of the next few weeks the car mods come to a screeching halt. but if i pass the NY bar exam first try i'm buying an LSD and a shorter final drive my graduation/bar gift to myself.

i want a RHD daily though...wtf is wrong with me
thats going to look good man. I wanted to do the sti sides for so long with the half paint..but just didn't pull the trigger. SWP is such a bitch to match so it made me nervous haha. Thats going to look awesome on your car, can't wait to see it. Also love the driveway labs diffuser, was looking at that the other day I also love the rubber chin piece too We are way too similar dude lol

It sucks for sure but such is life. I was doing so good with not buying parts either, and like usual out of nowhere i get this itch and end up going nuts for like a week and then i'm back at square one I hadn't bought a car part since last summer up until about two months ago.

RHD would be awesome. I actually almost sold the BRZ and went on to something else but for now I am keeping it for a bit longer.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:35 PM   #1043
Jive Turkey
the tuna, no crust.

the other issue is i've been driving turbo cars again lately, and fuck i miss just the stupidity....my canadian friends keep sending me ads for r32's. you don't understand how tempted i am. but that is a horrible financial move on my part.

i genuinely don't know where to buy a lip from.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:18 PM   #1044
Crestwood1001

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited (GBS)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I also just tried to order the hpt lip and got the one month backorder estimate. I cut my losses and canceled the order and went with the Bayson r lip and side skirts. For the price I will see what the quality is like and go from there. Loving the car man
Crestwood1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 03:32 PM   #1045
Jive Turkey
the tuna, no crust.

thanks! i really really really don't want to order from bayson R. not just because its a rep, but last time the lip came bent in half in a box and i just returned it.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:43 PM   #1046
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,577 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
the other issue is i've been driving turbo cars again lately, and fuck i miss just the stupidity....my canadian friends keep sending me ads for r32's. you don't understand how tempted i am. but that is a horrible financial move on my part.

i genuinely don't know where to buy a lip from.
Doooo iiiiiiit
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 03:46 PM   #1047
smellslikecurry

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
jive, i got a real chargespeed carbon lip...could use some clear coat repair (rock chips/cracks)...fitment was spot on...looking to sell if you're interested in finding a lip that fits properly.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:49 PM   #1048
Crestwood1001

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited (GBS)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
thanks! i really really really don't want to order from bayson R. not just because its a rep, but last time the lip came bent in half in a box and i just returned it.
If you are still looking in a few days when my Bayson lip comes in I'll make sure to update you on how it's packaged. I figure it's worth a shot they have great eBay feedback and if I'm not happy it's through PayPal so I'm not worried about being out of the money
Crestwood1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 03:53 PM   #1049
Jive Turkey
the tuna, no crust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crestwood1001 View Post
If you are still looking in a few days when my Bayson lip comes in I'll make sure to update you on how it's packaged. I figure it's worth a shot they have great eBay feedback and if I'm not happy it's through PayPal so I'm not worried about being out of the money
hmm....honestly i would paint it black...but i really don't want carbon or anything hard on the front. one nice spirited drive and it'll be in pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellslikecurry View Post
jive, i got a real chargespeed carbon lip...could use some clear coat repair (rock chips/cracks)...fitment was spot on...looking to sell if you're interested in finding a lip that fits properly.
please post in here after. i'm curious
Old 04-27-2015, 05:18 PM   #1050
HATED1

Drives: 86
Thanked 1,045 Times in 443 Posts
Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Garage
Your setups have been one of my inspirations, thanks for posting.
HATED1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HATED1 For This Useful Post:
Jive Turkey (04-27-2015)