follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 05-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #85
ramification

Drives: Scion FR-S 6MT on order
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexm View Post
Agreed - 5.9% is all they offered me. It's unfortunate, but apparently the standard on all new vehicles from them.

At the end of the day, I'm fine with the price, but not knowing a delivery date drives me nuts. I'm in the midst of selling my car, so I'd like to know if I'm going to be without a car for until August, September?

You can't blame the dealers though, it sounds like poor communication from Subaru Canada.
If you're selling your car you should do a "sale of convenience". That's what I plan on doing (selling an '09 civic coupe exl manual black 30k kms for $15200 if you know anyone whose interested ).

Its where you sell your car and the transaction goes through the same time you buy your new car. The dealer is an intermediate step and they officially sell it to the person and you can count it as a trade-in for your purchase. Best case scenario as you can sell it at retail and you save the tax on the retail price. Cost $300 in dealer fees I believe the tricky part is timing the sale. Worth considering. Can save thousands depending on your current cars value.
ramification is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:36 AM   #86
alexm

Drives: Black BRZ, Limited
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramification View Post
If you're selling your car you should do a "sale of convenience". That's what I plan on doing (selling an '09 civic coupe exl manual black 30k kms for $15200 if you know anyone whose interested ).

Its where you sell your car and the transaction goes through the same time you buy your new car. The dealer is an intermediate step and they officially sell it to the person and you can count it as a trade-in for your purchase. Best case scenario as you can sell it at retail and you save the tax on the retail price. Cost $300 in dealer fees I believe the tricky part is timing the sale. Worth considering. Can save thousands depending on your current cars value.
I'm in a similar boat, and was thinking about doing a convenience sale. I'm selling a 2010 Forte SX, fully loaded, and looking to just break even on what I owe the bank. I see that most models like mine, with higher KM's (I have 27,000) are selling around $17,000 - $17,500, so I've priced mine aggressively at $16,500. I'm considering dropping the price again just to get rid of it. But we'll see, just waiting for some bites.

Thanks for the info!
alexm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #87
ramification

Drives: Scion FR-S 6MT on order
Anyone know when a dealer will have an FRS or BRZ on the lot to check out? Just to sit in it and get a feel for the interior room and materials not necessarily drive it. Thanks.
ramification is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:56 AM   #88
KingGeo

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramification View Post
Anyone know when a dealer will have an FRS or BRZ on the lot to check out? Just to sit in it and get a feel for the interior room and materials not necessarily drive it. Thanks.

UPDATE: Tony Graham did NOT receive the demo car yet. "we had a delay with Toyota Canada and our FR-S has been delayed"
i am waiting to hear back with a new ETA on when they will get it.

i sent an email to the contact who reached out to me at Tony Graham about booking a test drive in the next week or so when i am in for an oil change anyway.

if they confirm they have a car to drive ill let y'all know.

Last edited by KingGeo; 05-30-2012 at 12:29 PM.
KingGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #89
Slick

Drives: FR-S Firestorm 6MT
Thanked 1,389 Times in 628 Posts
Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Originally Posted by Slick
I'm hoping the cars arrive today and we could have them today or tomorrow, but not sure when they are arriving.

I will be doing drive-bys past Bel-Air (my dealer) and Mendes (5 mins from my office) just to see if they have perhaps arrived.
Yes, I am now stalking our dealers, lol.

However, I do believe that once the delivery arrives, I will get a phone call from my rep (providing he is in). He knows I am very eager to get my car.
If I hear anything, I'll report back.

Originally Posted by PBrown
I will be stalking err stopping by mendes and tony grahams this afternoon as well. I fugure if the trucks are loaded today then they should arrive at some point this afternoon or evening probably too late to get the car registered. The last time I was at mendes I had asked when trucks arrive and they indicated at any time of day or night. There was no set schedule. I am thinking at some point today or Saturday they will be here and processed on Monday. The good news for us Mendes buyers is there is license bureau is right across the street.
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:30 PM   #90
Pbrown

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Raven
Thanked 1,322 Times in 658 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Originally Posted by Slick
I'm hoping the cars arrive today and we could have them today or tomorrow, but not sure when they are arriving.

I will be doing drive-bys past Bel-Air (my dealer) and Mendes (5 mins from my office) just to see if they have perhaps arrived.
Yes, I am now stalking our dealers, lol.

However, I do believe that once the delivery arrives, I will get a phone call from my rep (providing he is in). He knows I am very eager to get my car.
If I hear anything, I'll report back.

Originally Posted by PBrown
I will be stalking err stopping by mendes and tony grahams this afternoon as well. I fugure if the trucks are loaded today then they should arrive at some point this afternoon or evening probably too late to get the car registered. The last time I was at mendes I had asked when trucks arrive and they indicated at any time of day or night. There was no set schedule. I am thinking at some point today or Saturday they will be here and processed on Monday. The good news for us Mendes buyers is there is license bureau is right across the street.

Just went by Mendes. Nothing happening so far. Might have seen Slick there as there was a red genesis leaving just as I was. Will pass by both dealerships on my way home.
Pbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pbrown For This Useful Post:
Klinn (06-01-2012)
Old 06-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #91
Slick

Yep, that was me! Didn't see anything at Mendes or BelAir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbrown View Post
Just went by Mendes. Nothing happening so far. Might have seen Slick there as there was a red genesis leaving just as I was. Will pass by both dealerships on my way home.
The Following User Says Thank You to Slick For This Useful Post:
Klinn (06-01-2012)
Old 06-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #92
WS12888

Drives: FR-S
Garage
Quote:
Thanks for the update.
WS12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #93
Slick

Drove by both Mendes and BelAir on way home, nothing new to report.

I guess it will go to next week. Enjoy your weekend guys!
Old 06-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #94
Pbrown

Quote:
Drove by both Mendes and BelAir on way home, nothing new to report.

I guess it will go to next week. Enjoy your weekend guys!

Stopped byTony grahams this afternoon and nothing to report.
Twas the night before christmas anyone. LOL
Old 06-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #95
alexm

Drives: Black BRZ, Limited
Garage
Has anyone received an update from Subaru?

Last I spoke to them we were still looking at an August delivery. Getting anxious...
alexm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #96
Slick

Btw, was driving back from Toronto last night. Found myself scanning the road for car carriers with FR-S's, lol.

Finally saw one full of Toyotas on the 417 taking the Nicholas exit, but sadly did not notice any FR-S on it.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #97
Pbrown

Quote:
Btw, was driving back from Toronto last night. Found myself scanning the road for car carriers with FR-S's, lol.

Finally saw one full of Toyotas on the 417 taking the Nicholas exit, but sadly did not notice any FR-S on it.

Too funny. 2 guys in their 40's trolling around ontario looking for there cars.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #98
Klinn

Drives: '20 Pure Red BRZ, '20 Torch Red C8
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Too funny. 2 guys in their 40's trolling around ontario looking for there cars.
Heh-heh, my turn to do some dealership visits. As of 11:00 today, no sign of anything at Tony Graham.

Talked with my sales guy at Mendes. He expects their demo unit plus one other tomorrow, probably yours. Sounds like mine will not be arriving at the same time, maybe later.
Klinn is offline   Reply With Quote