follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 11-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #85
SVThis

Drives: Scion FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I can relate to the reviewer. I consider myself a serious car enthusiasts having owned quite a few highly respected sports cars in the past. I too got sucked into buying a Veloster before I got the FRS. For what it is, it's not a totally awful car. I knew after about a week of owning it I'd screwed up. I ended up trading it on the FRS and only lost $500 over 10,000 plus miles. I think the dealer screwed up putting that kind of money into it.
The review of both cars is pretty much spot on in my opinion. I think the quality of the interior on the FRS is pretty good. The styling of the FRS is good, but I can't see it as drop dead beautiful. The way it drives and the feel of the steering is beautiful. Sure as hell beats the Veloster. If anyone thinks an FRS is slow, you owe it to yourself to drive a non turbo Veloster. The FRS will feel like a Saturn V in comparison.
SVThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:19 AM   #86
smallfun

Drives: '00 Corolla, Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I thought his review was good - It's a no-frills car that's fun to drive. He mentions that only enthusiasts would understand and care enough about [and maybe buy] a car like this. For the most part I agree. He's been fortunate enough to have owned and driven a variety of [expensive] sports cars so his view of the FR-S has to be taken accordingly. Having only driven Corollas and Camrys prior, the FR-S is a welcome breath of sporty air for me.
smallfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:57 AM   #87
thill

Drives: 2020 SS1LE (previous 13 BRZ owner)
Thanked 1,463 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
This was an awesome review. People that are throwing out personal insults, I don't believe, even watched the whole video..

He loves the car, flaws and all. Every car has flaws, especially a $25-26K car.

Get over it people..
thill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:30 AM   #88
rice_classic

Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I think the biggest problem is that he's a terrible reviewer. He's dry, crude and really brings nothing to the table.

Cussing should be relegated to an occasional slip up, not as a standard format of the vernacular.

He also makes some very illogical comments which makes it seems as if he knows little about cars and trying to sound as if he does.
rice_classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:42 AM   #89
dori.
Seņor Member

Drives: white BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
It's really just about what he likes/dislikes about the car compared to the other cars he owns

that being said I disagree on the exterior. exterior is simple and there is beauty in simplicity.

I've gotten way more compliments on the BRZ's looks (from enthusiasts and everyday people alike) than I have had on any other car I've owned
dori. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:05 AM   #90
Bluecille

Drives: Scion FR-S Ultramarine
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Oh when you start any review with "I didn't want to do a review..." you set yourself up to look asinine. Then I skipped forward to see him still standing by the car talking.

That was all I was willing to watch. Call me spoiled but Jeremy Clarkson reviews while he is burning rubber, screeching tires and still manages to make me laugh. This guy strikes me as someone who likes his shit pushed in, just saying.
Bluecille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:20 AM   #91
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,850 Times in 1,639 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
I thought he made a funny and decent go of it.

I don't make YouTube videos in the first person as they'd end up being used to show why people shouldn't take drugs.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote