follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 03-24-2016, 03:53 PM   #939
Twin4Life

Drives: '14 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcbrz86 View Post
Today on my daily run to Starbucks, as I was getting out of my car a guy in a BMW parks next to me and gets out in a hurry and says

BMW guy: holy is that really a Subaru? As he is walking around it

Me: yea

BMW guy: I can't believe that's a Subaru it's so nice, how much does it go for 65k?
Me: 25k-30k

BMW guy: wow that's not bad at all do you mind if I sit in it

Me: no go for it man (opened the door let him sit in it)

BMW guy: oh wow so this is pure sport? Is it a rally car like the other subarus?

Me: yea it's pretty basic inside and no it's more for back roads, track and autox

BMW guy: well thanks for letting me sit in it, it's a really nice car

Me: no problem and thanks
Then we went our separate ways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did that to a beautiful blonde in a Phantom last year in Naples. My wife didn't even bat an eye. Blondes come and go but that Phantom....whoa.
Twin4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 11:17 PM   #940
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Necroing this thread:
The other day while filling up on E85 the dude to pump to the right of me asked me about the car and started rambling about it only having only 200 hp. He said his daughters impreza 2.0i was faster and the entire conversation hilariously condescending. I've never felt so insecure talking to someone like that about cars before, when I mentioned my mods he just said "they probably don't make any horsepower that trd cold air intake is actually a hot air intake i've seen the mighty car mod videos you probably make less power than stock on e85". He couldn't even comprehend it making around 191-200 whp with the e85 and uels. He then galloped off to his wife in his GMC acadia smurking back at me like nothing happened.

People like that are why I hate some car communities.....
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:03 AM   #941
echo419

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 4,057 Times in 1,879 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
Necroing this thread:
The other day while filling up on E85 the dude to pump to the right of me asked me about the car and started rambling about it only having only 200 hp. He said his daughters impreza 2.0i was faster and the entire conversation hilariously condescending. I've never felt so insecure talking to someone like that about cars before, when I mentioned my mods he just said "they probably don't make any horsepower that trd cold air intake is actually a hot air intake i've seen the mighty car mod videos you probably make less power than stock on e85". He couldn't even comprehend it making around 191-200 whp with the e85 and uels. He then galloped off to his wife in his GMC acadia smurking back at me like nothing happened.

I hate people like that. I would have said, "yeah, your daughter's car is probably faster but she still likes riding in mine when she tells you she's going to a friends house to "study".". people like that need to be put in their place. no better way than to hit daddy with the "your daughter is a ho behind your back" line.
echo419 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to echo419 For This Useful Post:
DocWalt (05-31-2016), FRSBRZGT86FAN (05-31-2016), soulreapersteve (05-31-2016), Tcoat (05-31-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 07:23 AM   #942
PollosHermanos

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ Limited 6SP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Necroing this thread:

I think I would have just let him talk, nodding patiently, then ask him if he is an asshole to everyone he meets. People suck.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
1990 Laser RS - Lights go up, lights go down ||1992 MX-6 Coupe - Hah ... no || 2001 Integra GSR - Almost rice. Risotto || 2003 IS300 - A nice car but no fun. || 2011 Stage I GTI - Lots of fun. Would buy another

2014 BRZ - That BRZ. So hot right now.
PollosHermanos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PollosHermanos For This Useful Post:
DocWalt (05-31-2016), FRSBRZGT86FAN (05-31-2016), pinski (06-01-2016), soulreapersteve (05-31-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 09:25 AM   #943
mdm
not a twin owner

Drives: 2016 Veloster Turbo DCT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
This is unbelievable. So he approached you, a complete stranger, and started dissing your car, just like that? Such behavior would be unacceptable in a highschooler, let alone a man who is old enough that his daughter has a car.

What an utter lack of manners and class. I am wondering if he was so insecure himself that he needed to do it to prop his ego, or was just a complete d*ck.
mdm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mdm For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (05-31-2016), HunterGreene (05-31-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 09:26 AM   #944
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,600 Times in 2,936 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Necroing this thread:

Wat.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (05-31-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 10:53 AM   #945
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Necroing this thread:

Just another internet reading expert and not really a member of a "car community". The sad part is we have people here that say the same things and spread the misconceptions/difference of opinion.

I have been in 6 shows with mixed vehicles from stock Model Ts to brand new Hellcats and pretty much every single conceivable car in between. These are true "car guys" and much like the cars they ranged from teenagers to 85 year olds. I have never once had a single one of them come up and diss the power or any other aspect of my car. Each of these shows had 200 to 300 hundred cars and since I am far from shy I have talked to a shit load of people that were very curious and interested in my car since it is relatively scarce around here. They have always understood the basic differences in purpose of what this car has and appreciated it for what it is (yes even the Mustang Club guys).
Now... These shows were all open to the public as well and many of those conversations were bad at best! The number of times I heard "I read that..." or "My buddy told me..." was sickening. People that didn't even know the car existed (about 98% of the people I talked to) had major opinions based purely upon the numbers I told them. These people are NOT the car community and most wouldn't know what is good or bad if it ran over them.
FRSBRZGT86FAN (05-31-2016), StayPuft209 (06-06-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 11:00 AM   #946
brandonblt2
The Stig's African Cousin

Drives: 2014 wrb brz
Quote:
Necroing this thread:

Has soon as he said a imprez 2.0i was faster I would have said "do you know anything about cars or do you make everything up as you go along." I actually like running into these type of people, it's fun calling them out on their BS.
brandonblt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brandonblt2 For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (05-31-2016), Tcoat (05-31-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 11:14 AM   #947
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonblt2 View Post
Has soon as he said a imprez 2.0i was faster I would have said "do you know anything about cars or do you make everything up as you go along." I actually like running into these type of people, it's fun calling them out on their BS.
I usually play with them. They have no idea that they are being smothered in sarcasm and subtle insults until well into the conversation. I enjoy it. It is really fun when somebody else that knows me is listening and trying to stifle their laughter long enough for me to finish the conversation.
brandonblt2 (05-31-2016), FRSBRZGT86FAN (05-31-2016), FX86 (06-01-2016), mdm (05-31-2016), soulreapersteve (05-31-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 12:19 PM   #948
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I usually play with them. They have no idea that they are being smothered in sarcasm and subtle insults until well into the conversation. I enjoy it. It is really fun when somebody else that knows me is listening and trying to stifle their laughter long enough for me to finish the conversation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Just another internet reading expert and not really a member of a "car community". The sad part is we have people here that say the same things and spread the misconceptions/difference of opinion.

I have been in 6 shows with mixed vehicles from stock Model Ts to brand new Hellcats and pretty much every single conceivable car in between. These are true "car guys" and much like the cars they ranged from teenagers to 85 year olds. I have never once had a single one of them come up and diss the power or any other aspect of my car. Each of these shows had 200 to 300 hundred cars and since I am far from shy I have talked to a shit load of people that were very curious and interested in my car since it is relatively scarce around here. They have always understood the basic differences in purpose of what this car has and appreciated it for what it is (yes even the Mustang Club guys).
Now... These shows were all open to the public as well and many of those conversations were bad at best! The number of times I heard "I read that..." or "My buddy told me..." was sickening. People that didn't even know the car existed (about 98% of the people I talked to) had major opinions based purely upon the numbers I told them. These people are NOT the car community and most wouldn't know what is good or bad if it ran over them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm View Post
This is unbelievable. So he approached you, a complete stranger, and started dissing your car, just like that? Such behavior would be unacceptable in a highschooler, let alone a man who is old enough that his daughter has a car.

What an utter lack of manners and class. I am wondering if he was so insecure himself that he needed to do it to prop his ego, or was just a complete d*ck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PollosHermanos View Post
I think I would have just let him talk, nodding patiently, then ask him if he is an asshole to everyone he meets. People suck.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo419 View Post
I hate people like that. I would have said, "yeah, your daughter's car is probably faster but she still likes riding in mine when she tells you she's going to a friends house to "study".". people like that need to be put in their place. no better way than to hit daddy with the "your daughter is a ho behind your back" line.

Literally all I did was answer his questions, fill e85 up and leave. I think I'm too young to have run into people like this, this is my first experience with this kind of "car guy"
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (05-31-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 12:43 PM   #949
echo419

Quote:
Literally all I did was answer his questions, fill e85 up and leave. I think I'm too young to have run into people like this, this is my first experience with this kind of "car guy"
count yourself lucky and if you're in Philly prepare for more.
The Following User Says Thank You to echo419 For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (05-31-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 02:36 PM   #950
brandonblt2

Quote:
count yourself lucky and if you're in Philly prepare for more.
I go to Philly every weekend never ran into anyone like that. But then again I buy my gas in Jersey
The Following User Says Thank You to brandonblt2 For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (06-02-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 02:54 PM   #951
echo419

Quote:
I go to Philly every weekend never ran into anyone like that. But then again I buy my gas in Jersey
they throw batteries at Santa Clause there. buying gas in Jersey is smart if you can stand the smell.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:40 AM   #952
brandonblt2

Quote:
they throw batteries at Santa Clause there. buying gas in Jersey is smart if you can stand the smell.
Yea North Jersey smells the closer you get to NY but South Jersey is completely different we don't have all the toxic waste dumps.