follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 04-25-2016, 11:39 PM   #71
Drakiv
Project Shadow

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I'm going to troll a bit.....but.....

Instagram: Drakiv
Drakiv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Drakiv For This Useful Post:
86kahl (04-26-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 12:20 AM   #72
mav1178

Drives: 2005 Toyota Camry
Thanked 6,093 Times in 3,029 Posts
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowReaper View Post
If my car was stolen, I would try to think of as many people that could have done it and guessing what ways it could have been stolen.
... and here is why everyone is starting a shitstorm tonight in this thread.

The more one wants to assume and pass judgment, the more misunderstandings and angry, bickering arguments will result from it.

OP started it by making an assumption that the pizza place guy(s) was in on it. Then it got progressively worse.

-alex
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mav1178 For This Useful Post:
KR-S (04-26-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 01:47 AM   #73
KR-S
Sporadic Member

Drives: 2016 Halo FR-S M/T
Thanked 3,552 Times in 1,746 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Since this thread isn't locked...

Quote:
From my point it seems you were making it seem as if he was blaming others for his mistake but you gotta put yourself in his shoes fro a while. If my car was stolen, I would try to think of as many people that could have done it and guessing what ways it could have been stolen.
I'd like to ask then: After you've figured your suspects, what would be your next course of action?

Generally speaking, I too would try and think of ways my car got stolen, but in this case, the way this car got stolen was already made crystal clear: gross negligence on the owner's part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyLooie View Post
Nah, homes. It's your dadda's hot goopey goop.

Last edited by KR-S; 04-26-2016 at 02:16 AM.
KR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KR-S For This Useful Post:
fumanchu1 (04-26-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 02:47 AM   #74
MrFisty
The Fistiest

Drives: 2013 Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
I'm just pop in my head to express a very unpopular opinion;

I don't know what all this conspiracy about stoned pizza delivery boys being smart enough to pre-plan an elaborate car theft, but it looks like we went victim blaming pretty wuickly. I've seen phrases like "asking for it" and "begging to be stolen."

It may be, too, that I am afforded some rarer sense of security in the town I live in, but this is pretty shitty of us, guys.

In reality, yes, a running car makes it more tempting for a thief. But a thief is a thief, whether of opportunity or not. I should lock my car, and I should lock my door, but the very fact of the matter is this;

I shouldn't have too. It's not any less shitty to steal a car because it was running, it's not any less shitty to steal from an unlocked home. Calling him an idiot, if done simply for leaving his car running, was shitty of us.

I never realized this kind of victim blaming was so real. Way more of us have taken time to criticize this guy than the dirt bags who stole it.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:22 AM   #75
extrashaky

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,266 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KR-S 86 View Post
I'd like to ask then: After you've figured your suspects, what would be your next course of action?
Kill them. One by one. In increasingly creative ways. Saving the most likely suspect for last. While craftily eluding the unlikely team of brilliant young hothead detective and recent retiree who has returned to the force for one final bit of unfinished business.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to extrashaky For This Useful Post:
MrFisty (04-26-2016), ScoobsMcGee (04-26-2016), Tectoniic (04-26-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 09:25 AM   #76
fumanchu1

Drives: 2013 Brz C38 (bought not built :P)
Thanked 1,249 Times in 802 Posts
Quote:
That was a beautiful ending.

@Tcoat Making things worst all the time. Doesn't matter what post, analyzing every sentence of every post there ever was. Even when someone is frustrated (stolen BRZ) still seeks out opportunity to call them out. When everybody else is giving advice and saying they're sorry. I bet you get this magical "It's my time to shine" feeling inside when you noticed someone is blaming the wrong thing or said something slightly wrong. Is this a hobby? I think it is for you... Was it worth calling him out, regardless if it was a misunderstanding? Its ok, I already foresee your answer to that...

@SeratoBeats We all make mistakes in our lives and that was one really unfortunate mistake. Sometimes all it takes is to allow some prick that opportunity and them willing to do something like that. Glad your car was found and remember always, that it could have been worst.
So if you chase a goose until it turns around and pecks you horribly I'm supposed to feel sorry for you??

While I don't agree with the approach tcoat took, I do agree that OP created his own problem (I don't feel sorry for him at all, I do agree it sucks for him but pity isn't anything he would get from me as he is the author of his own troubles). Tcoat was only trying to make him see how stupid leaving his car running and unattended was with the anger only a old timer could generate

Anyways all is solved op got his car back, now knows that leaving car running and unattended isn't smart... MOVE ALONG PEOPLE!!! NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!

(P.s. tcoat is actually very helpful when people make logical post asking questions, not so much when people post abnout the dumb shit they did)
fumanchu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:32 AM   #77
fumanchu1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFisty View Post
I'm just pop in my head to express a very unpopular opinion;

I don't know what all this conspiracy about stoned pizza delivery boys being smart enough to pre-plan an elaborate car theft, but it looks like we went victim blaming pretty wuickly. I've seen phrases like "asking for it" and "begging to be stolen."

It may be, too, that I am afforded some rarer sense of security in the town I live in, but this is pretty shitty of us, guys.

In reality, yes, a running car makes it more tempting for a thief. But a thief is a thief, whether of opportunity or not. I should lock my car, and I should lock my door, but the very fact of the matter is this;

I shouldn't have too. It's not any less shitty to steal a car because it was running, it's not any less shitty to steal from an unlocked home. Calling him an idiot, if done simply for leaving his car running, was shitty of us.

I never realized this kind of victim blaming was so real. Way more of us have taken time to criticize this guy than the dirt bags who stole it.

everybody agrees these guys are douches, but OP didn't have to basically hand them the keys now did he (see my goose analogy), he gambled many times leaving his car running while he was not present, statistically it was bound to happen eventually (people aren't trying to bash him necessarily, I just feel like they figured that it would be the best way to mkake OP understand how dumb his action was.

If someone breaks into your home they are ****s(no matter the circumstance) but if you leave and left the door open and said I'll be gone for 15 minutes(basically going into pizza place) then you do have a part of the blame to share (as other have said, gross negligence). Sure the thieves are the ones to blame, but OP sure as shit didn't take any precautions to prevent this (and he should know better)...

Basically common sense would've went a long way in this situation...
Old 04-26-2016, 09:39 AM   #78
ARTBRZ
Aloha!

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

This is is still going. This thread will be an entertaining read this weekend.
ARTBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ARTBRZ For This Useful Post:
MrFisty (04-26-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 09:50 AM   #79
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Drives: An orange cone with flappy paddles
Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,703 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTBRZ View Post

This is is still going. This thread will be an entertaining read this weekend.
Weekend?? Its only Tuesday!!

Then again.. it technically is my weekend. I shall enjoy my FT86Club popcorn with you~
The Twins make me smile
soulreapersteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:52 AM   #80
mixtape
Posts in the nude

Drives: 2016 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KR-S 86 View Post
Since this thread isn't locked...

This might be just because I haven't taken my morning poop at work yet, but I read this as "after you've fingered your suspects".

"Lesbian trees have no wood." - Scoobs McGee
mixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 10:03 AM   #81
fumanchu1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixtape View Post
This might be just because I haven't taken my morning poop at work yet, but I read this as "after you've fingered your suspects".
that... weirdly would still be accurate

Slang.
  1. to inform against or identify (a criminal) to the authorities: He fingered the man who robbed the bank.
The Following User Says Thank You to fumanchu1 For This Useful Post:
mixtape (04-26-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 10:05 AM   #82
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanchu1 View Post
Tcoat was only trying to make him see how stupid leaving his car running and unattended was with the anger only a old timer could generate
See this is where people get things wrong. At no point through any of this was I ever angry. Never, not even when my participation on this forum was attacked instead of an intelligent argument against my stand being presented. If I am angry I shut up, not carry on. The people that read it as angry just do so because that is their natural state so they figure that everybody else is as well.

I just had a message to get across and popular or not I was going to give it and will continue to do so when people say or do what I feel is dumb shit. People here want to hear the good but not the bad? They want everybody to agree on every topic? If you don't agree you should just keep your mouth shut? Sorry folks welcome to the real world where people don't always get along.

If either of the guys slamming me were to ask a reasonable question in another thread or just want to joke around I would interact with them like anybody else. I can keep my personal opinion of them restricted to the topic at hand and it can change from one thread to the next. It would appear that some people do not have that ability though so broad sweeping judgments are passed.
86kahl (04-26-2016), soulreapersteve (04-26-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 10:11 AM   #83
ARTBRZ
Aloha!

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulreapersteve View Post
Weekend?? Its only Tuesday!!

Then again.. it technically is my weekend. I shall enjoy my FT86Club popcorn with you~
Lol. yup I'm letting this stew for a few days.
ARTBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 10:26 AM   #84
mixtape
Posts in the nude

Drives: 2016 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanchu1 View Post
that... weirdly would still be accurate

Slang.
  1. to inform against or identify (a criminal) to the authorities: He fingered the man who robbed the bank.
This is exactly why I chuckled to myself in the office - it worked both ways.

"Lesbian trees have no wood." - Scoobs McGee
mixtape is offline   Reply With Quote