follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 05-21-2021, 12:14 PM   #71
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,289 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikabi View Post
Your limited reading comprehension is showing. OPEN headers. Not headers when used in a complete system

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Still a performance gain. That is why I showed just headers not a whole system.
Old 05-21-2021, 12:19 PM   #72
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,460 Times in 7,451 Posts
Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikabi View Post
Revving would generally be considered hooning yes, though it definitely is a grey area since you aren't TECHNICALLY driving. I've never heard of a meet getting shit down because of loud stereos

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
We are talking 98'-2005 when that was happening. I don't see that as often anymore and really fell out of the whole car scene thing in my early 20's. Not really a meet, but it wasn't uncommon that you would see 6-12 cars in a parking lot hanging out and it got to the point we couldn't even do that. We weren't old enough to go to the bar yet, what else do you do? You get one guy with a loud stereo playing music and the local businesses would call the cops and we would get the boot. Then it got to the point that if they even saw you start to gather, they would kick you out.

Could you imagine 12 cars rolling to meet up all sounding like this

Tcoat (05-21-2021), x808drifter (05-21-2021)
Old 05-21-2021, 12:25 PM   #73
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
We are talking 98'-2005 when that was happening. I don't see that as often anymore and really fell out of the whole car scene thing in my early 20's. Not really a meet, but it wasn't uncommon that you would see 6-12 cars in a parking lot hanging out and it got to the point we couldn't even do that. We weren't old enough to go to the bar yet, what else do you do? You get one guy with a loud stereo playing music and the local businesses would call the cops and we would get the boot. Then it got to the point that if they even saw you start to gather, they would kick you out.

Could you imagine 12 cars rolling to meet up all sounding like this
"Do you want to see me wake up my neighbours?"
This is the shit I am talking about. It isn't a surprise that they are pissing people off. It is a deliberate and planned out event.
Old 05-21-2021, 02:03 PM   #74
FR-S2GT86
Master Collaborator

Drives: Was '15 FR-S, 6MT, Now '15 GT86
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Hoodlums.......

Dang hoodlums!
Count to muffens and call again.
I’m 40. So....... say hi to your sisters or daughters.
FR-S2GT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 05:19 PM   #75
RToyo86

Drives: 17 Asphalt 86
Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,174 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Well this went a bit off the rails

RToyo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 05:26 PM   #76
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,460 Times in 7,451 Posts
Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RToyo86 View Post
Well this went a bit off the rails

When does it not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2021, 05:30 PM   #77
Ernest72

Drives: 16 Silver BRZ, 04 Silver WRX wagon
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Local towns don’t want to deal because they know people will do stupid shit, and no one cleans up for themselves, they leave their garbage all the time. It happens anywhere young kids go. I do a lot of mountain biking and the trails are nice and clean where most adults ride. But many trails have a jump section where kids have built up some jumps and they are are a blast. I have never been to one that’s not littered with garbage, I mean some trails have even put a garbage can at the jumps, still garbage everywhere. It’s always a few that ruin it for everyone.

I hear people complain about not being able to have a meet, well I say have it on your driveway or block and see what happens. They never will because they don’t want to take responsibility for the stupid shit people will do.

Lack of personal responsibility is pretty common now a days. Sorry for the old man rant but it’s true. You youngins will get there some day, if your lucky.

Oh and just no to pop and bang tunes.
Ernest72 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ernest72 For This Useful Post:
Jdmjunkie (05-24-2021)
Old 05-24-2021, 12:08 AM   #78
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,086 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
My POV on P&B tunes is simple. It's not evil in itself, it may add enjoyment for owner, and indeed, people are free to mod theirs in whatever way they wish (hopefully though without making car dangerous to others on road). Heck, i myself, despite age, love loud exhaust sound, and only because i use car for everything, not just track but also long cruises where loud exhaust for many hours would tire me out, not getting such. And yes, i also don't want to be hated by numerous neighbors for cold starts due living in very densely populated area.
Problem that i see with such tune is personality of people that usually pay to get such tune. Most people that are mindful of others or care more about function rarely would buy such. Yet many among those that do buy, do have mentality that they need to annoy others, that they want to show off with that to unwilling audience. Even if not everybody of buyers is such, even if there are ones among them that will use it only in way/where it doesn't bother others .. still, among P&B tune buyers/users many are .. "real car guys" that use that tune early morning in residential area waking people up, setting off alarms. It's what gets them high. And such sociopaths are numerous enough for me to not care much about "good car guys" among them and start to hate such mod in general.
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to churchx For This Useful Post:
Jdmjunkie (05-24-2021), NoHaveMSG (05-24-2021), Tcoat (05-24-2021)
Old 05-24-2021, 10:21 AM   #79
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
My POV on P&B tunes is simple. It's not evil in itself, it may add enjoyment for owner, and indeed, people are free to mod theirs in whatever way they wish (hopefully though without making car dangerous to others on road). Heck, i myself, despite age, love loud exhaust sound, and only because i use car for everything, not just track but also long cruises where loud exhaust for many hours would tire me out, not getting such. And yes, i also don't want to be hated by numerous neighbors for cold starts due living in very densely populated area.
Problem that i see with such tune is personality of people that usually pay to get such tune. Most people that are mindful of others or care more about function rarely would buy such. Yet many among those that do buy, do have mentality that they need to annoy others, that they want to show off with that to unwilling audience. Even if not everybody of buyers is such, even if there are ones among them that will use it only in way/where it doesn't bother others .. still, among P&B tune buyers/users many are .. "real car guys" that use that tune early morning in residential area waking people up, setting off alarms. It's what gets them high. And such sociopaths are numerous enough for me to not care much about "good car guys" among them and start to hate such mod in general.
Well stated. Beyond the fact that it is pretending and adds no performance to the car I have no issue with the P&B tune itself but how, where, and when it is used. Even with the tune the cars can be driven in a manner where it is minimal or doesn't even happen. It is the Floor it from the corner for half a block and then fully back off to get the best bangs, floor it, back off, floor it back off etc, etc. that is annoying as hell. It is a deliberate act that they know affects everybody but they do anyway.
soundman98 (05-24-2021)
Old 05-24-2021, 10:30 AM   #80
x808drifter
LMGTFY

Drives: 13 FRS, 91 Miata
Thanked 3,647 Times in 1,625 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Well stated. Beyond the fact that it is pretending and adds no performance to the car I have no issue with the P&B tune itself but how, where, and when it is used. Even with the tune the cars can be driven in a manner where it is minimal or doesn't even happen. It is the Floor it from the corner for half a block and then fully back off to get the best bangs, floor it, back off, floor it back off etc, etc. that is annoying as hell. It is a deliberate act that they know affects everybody but they do anyway.
Just like my old RX-7.
x808drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 08:58 AM   #81
Dzmitry

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ Limited with PP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Reminds me of this guy the other day I got a kick out of. Had a Hyundai Sonata with a nice and loud turbo blow off valve. Initially, I landed behind him at a red light, at which he revved constantly, inching forward millimeters at a time to the car in front of him and getting no where. All you could hear was the off valve sputtering constantly as he did it. So I already picked up on the notion that he's "one of those guys".

Then, as the light turned green, we proceeded to drive about 35 mph with quite a few cars ahead of us for the next mile. During this time, that blow off valve must have sputtered well over 100 times. Because for some reason, he could not resist to let everyone know that he has a turbo and had to keep stepping on and off the gas pedal, only to trail at a slow speed behind the people that were ahead of him. Towards the end of the road, I just started laughing. It just amazed me that he thought in any way he was being impressive... or I don't even know what...

As a side note, I wasn't driving my BRZ that day, but rather my 02 commuter civic, so it's not like he was doing it to impress me particularly. Also makes me wonder if he just drives around like that constantly and whether it ever gets tiresome or not to him. I mean I have seen plenty of fools like this in the past. But this guy topped it off a bit with the ENDLESS throttle blips and turbo sputters.
Dzmitry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dzmitry For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (05-25-2021)
Old 05-25-2021, 09:02 AM   #82
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzmitry View Post
Reminds me of this guy the other day I got a kick out of. Had a Hyundai Sonata with a nice and loud turbo blow off valve. Initially, I landed behind him at a red light, at which he revved constantly, inching forward millimeters at a time to the car in front of him and getting no where. All you could hear was the off valve sputtering constantly as he did it. So I already picked up on the notion that he's "one of those guys".

Then, as the light turned green, we proceeded to drive about 35 mph with quite a few cars ahead of us for the next mile. During this time, that blow off valve must have sputtered well over 100 times. Because for some reason, he could not resist to let everyone know that he has a turbo and had to keep stepping on and off the gas pedal, only to trail at a slow speed behind the people that were ahead of him. Towards the end of the road, I just started laughing. It just amazed me that he thought in any way he was being impressive... or I don't even know what...

As a side note, I wasn't driving my BRZ that day, but rather my 02 commuter civic, so it's not like he was doing it to impress me particularly. Also makes me wonder if he just drives around like that constantly and whether it ever gets tiresome or not to him. I mean I have seen plenty of fools like this in the past. But this guy topped it off a bit with the ENDLESS throttle blips and turbo sputters.
Was probably just trying to keep it running!
Dzmitry (05-25-2021)
Old 05-25-2021, 09:29 AM   #83
Lantanafrs2

Drives: 2013 frs red
Thanked 3,089 Times in 1,654 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
When the rifle barrel sticks out the bedroom window...
Lantanafrs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 10:30 AM   #84
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantanafrs2 View Post
When the rifle barrel sticks out the bedroom window...
A real possibility around my place!

Two blocks from home:

https://london.ctvnews.ca/a-guy-lean...rive-1.5250666

https://london.ctvnews.ca/london-pol...ting-1.5253107

Tags
brz, delicious tuning, ecutek, frs, pops and bangs