follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List

Old 07-31-2015, 01:39 PM   #71
PandaBRZ

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Reposted from my review on @The Racers Line Facebook page:

I took my BRZ to get stainless steel brake lines, a brake fluid flush, and Ferodo DS2500 pads to be installed. The appointment took less than 3 hours. Neal and I chatted while he worked on the car, making The Racers Line the most transparent shop I've ever been to. I always worry about my car when a shop is working on it since most shops don't let you watch them work. Neal did a great job working on my car and chatting. He really knows the FT86 platform and the effortlessness of his work shows this.

Finding a mechanic you trust is difficult. With Neal, I completely trust his skill and his transparency. Highly recommend his services for your FR-S and BRZ.

Read my writing about the BRZ on my website.
PandaBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PandaBRZ For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (08-10-2015), mrmaniti_86 (07-31-2015), The Racers Line (07-31-2015)
Old 08-01-2015, 10:55 PM   #72
The Racers Line

Drives: FRS, Supra, Colorado D, GLC63
Thanked 1,515 Times in 532 Posts
Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Kevin M. Drove up this morning from Mountain View for a Jackson Racing oil cooler kit. By going with a purchase/install deal, he saved enough to get a transmission flush with some fresh Motul. Kevin is getting slowly getting his car ready to make the transition to point-by and join us in the 86Cup!

Last edited by The Racers Line; 11-12-2015 at 11:26 PM.
The Racers Line is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Racers Line For This Useful Post:
finch1750 (08-01-2015)
Old 08-01-2015, 11:44 PM   #73
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Thanked 9,399 Times in 5,262 Posts
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Racers Line View Post
Then after lunch, Mr. President @finch1750 braved the horrible weekend North Bay traffic, for an AT transmission flush and some fresh TorqueRT700 brake fluid.

The move to the East Bay cannot come soon enough!
You can say that again. Hangin with you is worth the drive but I'll be glad when it doesnt take 3 hours. Lol.

Thanks again for the service bro.

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 02:17 PM   #74
Bach415

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Can I get a quote on transmission and diff fluid change using motul fluid?
Bach415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 05:08 PM   #75
The Racers Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach415 View Post
Can I get a quote on transmission and diff fluid change using motul fluid?
Absolutely, you should have a PM in your inbox.
Bach415 (08-02-2015)
Old 08-02-2015, 08:11 PM   #76
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,853 Times in 3,677 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I saw another post on the forum where an owner mentioned that he had found a specialty Subaru shop near them, and that there "Wasn't an impact wrench in sight anywhere, because everything is torqued to spec by hand" and it made me think of The Racer's Line!

Edit: I've been saving up for my "final mods": Ohlins coilovers, and either an oil cooler or upgraded radiator, but now I'm seeing the posts about SS brake lines and considering that as well. I've always disliked the stock braking performance/feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clipdat For This Useful Post:
BigFatFlip (08-02-2015)
Old 08-03-2015, 04:17 AM   #77
PandaBRZ

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
Edit: I've been saving up for my "final mods": Ohlins coilovers, and either an oil cooler or upgraded radiator, but now I'm seeing the posts about SS brake lines and considering that as well. I've always disliked the stock braking performance/feel.

I love how the stainless steel lines firmed up the pedal feel. It used to feel like a rubber band (vague) but that behavior is entirely gone. I don't know why I didn't replace the stock lines sooner!

Read my writing about the BRZ on my website.
PandaBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PandaBRZ For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (08-04-2015), TofuJoe (08-08-2015)
Old 08-03-2015, 11:30 AM   #78
The Racers Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
I saw another post on the forum where an owner mentioned that he had found a specialty Subaru shop near them, and that there "Wasn't an impact wrench in sight anywhere, because everything is torqued to spec by hand" and it made me think of The Racer's Line!

Haha, its funny you mention that. I really despise air tools, as I have watched many techs use them improperly and cause damage. To me, it takes the mechanical out of the mechanic. The impact gun makes quick work of lug nuts, and thats really all I like it for!

Let me know when you are ready, I can make you a nice package deal. The Ohlins are a fantastic user friendly coil over.

If you are only going to to choose 1, then an oil cooler will be the most beneficial. Although small, the stock radiator has been proven on and off the track, to cool quite sufficiently when the factory ducting is kept in place; and that applies to forced inductions and NA cars.

Lastly, one of the main components of great pedal feel, is the fluid. If it is in the budget, TorqueRT700 is unbeatable and gives the stiffest pedal feel around. I put it in every car possible, and it has made a lot of customers pretty happy(FRS/BRZ, BMW, WRX, etc.) That fluid combined with stainless lines provides a rock hard brake pedal. Performance wise, a good pad change really wakes up the ability of this stock braking system.

Last edited by The Racers Line; 08-04-2015 at 04:26 PM.
Clipdat (08-04-2015)
Old 08-07-2015, 05:27 PM   #79
The Racers Line

@Kerune came in this morning to have his Bilstein coilovers swapped out and repaired. The previous installer mistakenly cross threaded the top nut and was unable to tighten it down all the way, causing a clunk from the front end. Initially, it was assumed that they were a total loss. Melvin contacted me Wednesday, and I was able to get a set of Tein Street Flex coilovers here the next day(a couple options were discussed and these fit the budget well). This morning while I was swapping out the Bilsteins, I was able to also fix the coil-over with the issue.

He is now selling the Bisteins at a discounted rate, including top-hats, with only 300 miles on them. Hit him up if you are interested.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Racers Line For This Useful Post:
Kerune (08-07-2015), mrmaniti_86 (08-07-2015), Pwolf (08-07-2015)
Old 08-10-2015, 12:52 PM   #80
The Racers Line

Busy weekend again!

I installed the AVO turbo kit on Brandon's car some time back, and he is now getting ready to bump up the power. He chose the Clutch Masters FX400 to handle the torque he should be pushing on e85. Next up was the RR-Racing Stage 2 big brake kit, the same kit I am running on my FRS. This kit is extremely budget friendly, but still manages to offer an unbelievable amount of performance. While the transmission was out, and the front pipe off, I swapped out his old Nameless catted front pipe for an new Tomei 80R front pipe.

All in all, another great weekend! I'll have a big "official" shop announcement coming soon, that I think is going to make a lot of people very happy!

Last edited by The Racers Line; 11-12-2015 at 11:27 PM.
mrmaniti_86 (08-10-2015)
Old 08-10-2015, 01:17 PM   #81
MisterSheep
Killed Scion

Drives: 2013 FR-S Whiteout
Thanked 7,307 Times in 4,485 Posts
Mentioned: 334 Post(s)
Tagged: 185 Thread(s)
Garage
All in all, another great weekend! I'll have a big "official" shop announcement coming soon, that I think is going to make a lot of people very happy![/QUOTE]

I hope it is what I think it is!
Originally Posted by KR-S 86 View Post
What are you talking about? You just killed one of the worst brands in history according to enthusiasts. People will be worshipping you like sheep.
MisterSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MisterSheep For This Useful Post:
The Racers Line (08-10-2015)
Old 08-10-2015, 05:26 PM   #82
Norkoastal
Never on Time Always Late

Drives: #silenced crickets
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
I hope it's the official "925" announcement.. I have a box full of goodies that need a local install.
The Racers Line (08-10-2015)
Old 08-12-2015, 06:24 PM   #83
The Racers Line

@Bonburner is new to the Bay Area, as a recent transplant from Orange County. Welcome him to our community!

Today, I swapped out his glazed stock brake pads, with some new Stoptech street performance pads. A brake and clutch fluid change as well as an oil change, has his car ready to go for many more miles!

Bonburner (10-08-2015)
Old 08-12-2015, 07:32 PM   #84
Kerune

Drives: Lexus RC-F
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Thought I'd chime in and contribute to The Racer's Line in terms of quality -

I came across a situation where I was lacking local resources to get my coilovers looked into, and I normally wouldn't drive the distance to get work done to my car but relative to my previous experiences, having Neal install a new set of coilovers was a great peace of mind.

Right off the bat I think most ft86 owners will notice that quotes are very competitive and the work is thorough from e-mailing to delivery of the service. While I thought it was a long shot, Neal fortunately worked with me to get me an early appointment with minimal notice on my end and reassured me on the time it'd take. He had my parts lined up, the install done smoothly and confidently, with the rates set fairly. While other shops would nickel & dime you in hours for everything you need diagnosed, we managed to work out my other concerns with my car and I'm certain I'm not alone when I say future installations and business will easily go back to The Racer's Line.

5/5
Kerune is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kerune For This Useful Post:
MisterSheep (08-13-2015), The Racers Line (08-12-2015)