follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Old 12-11-2011, 04:16 AM   #71
3scapist
Argues nekkid

Drives: 08 E92 M3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Gopros..gopros..so many gopros
3scapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:11 AM   #72
Calais

Drives: 2012 BRZ....finally
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yenadar View Post
I think a few people were interested in video of him driving it...

5 visible here, plus the 2 inside the car (behind and passenger B-pillar) and at least one on the passenger rocker behind the front wheel.
i counted 7 on the outsdie 1 more on the passenger side behind the rear wheel, @1:47-8
Calais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:07 AM   #73
ZetaVI
Gundam Meister

Drives: A Gundam
Thanked 1,010 Times in 510 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Just by the smile on his face you know this is a fun car.
ZetaVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #74
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,577 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Anybody who thinks it takes high hp to drift or enjoy drifting is an example of ignorance. Its much for to have a car that is just an overall balanced and composed car as opposed to a car with 600hp thats sloppy like a $5 hooker.

This car is just a well balanced car that allows YOU to drive the car...not the computers. Enough power to kick it out and have a blast and work on and improve your driving skills..but not too much where youre gonna be able to get too far ahead of yourself.
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:14 AM   #75
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,577 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtray View Post
Odd amount of tire noise for a wet track, no? I've slid the tail end out on wet roads a bunch but don't ever recall hearing the tires make such a racket.

Funny - the in car video doesn't look so impressive, but the outside cams show his drift angles and speed better.

So if this is his idea of "not trashing it", I'd hate to see him drive it more intensely! How long will the car last under such abuse? Pulling the hand brake while throwing in the clutch pedal then dumping the clutch out only to repeat that a few times in 2 seconds... yikes! I can see a bunch of new owners back at the dealership for warranty issues with their transmission, clutch, hard brake, etc if they think this car can be driven like this often. Insurance? Will have to wait and see how this is rated.
Irrelevant cause you shouldnt being doing this often enough to destroy the car. If you are, then youre doing it on the streets and thats just plain stupid. Most places hold at most one or two drift events a month. Some places get one every few months. Itll take a lot to break this car...or doing something really stupid.
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #76
mockngbrd

Drives: BMW E36 328 / E34 M5
man... i drive like a turd
mockngbrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:21 AM   #77
ft86Fan

Drives: FR-S, Exige S, Miata
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kids Heart View Post
Lets get this straight. Gushi is a damn good driver and drifter but is not the best America has to offer. My point is there are other drivers that don't have a ride for the 2012 season that have more accomplishments than Gushi.
Sorry for being so harsh on you in the previous post but not only the best of the best is worthy of driving this car or any car for that matter. Ken is no doubt a great driver and he is more than worthy of representing the FR-S.
ft86Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:16 PM   #78
cassidy0998

Drives: '99 Ranger / '94 APU Supra / Ninja!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAImportTuner View Post
LOL, Try doing that on a hot dry summer day and not a cold wet day. The car will not drift like that. Though I like the vid because it shows the balance of it in general. Also if the car had about 30hp more in stock form it could do that in any weather or conditions.

Exactly. I'm ready for an in depth review that wasn't done in the rain.
cassidy0998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:23 PM   #79
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
It's too bad it was raining most of the time in Japan that week, and they do have dry weather reviews but, you'll need a translator or if you good with Japanese go up and check hachi's thread with all the collection and look for Kawagushi Manabu's review.

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:25 PM   #80
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Drives: Subaru Libird
Thanked 2,718 Times in 1,079 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yenadar View Post
I agree in general. (And heartily encourage it), though I admit that one side of me says: "Isn't that what Mazda's been doing for years?"

This isn't the first RWD sports car in modern years that is totally focused about the driver involvement and fun factor...

I'm just glad Toyota and Subaru have gotten on board.
You're right and thanks for pointing that out... Mazda has kept at it for decades. Without them, Toyobaru's project would not be marketable. Mazda3 holds the fwd crown but no single Mazda rwd package broke into the mainstream. Miata maintains the roadster niche, RX-7 was not so accessible (same tier as Supra) as was RX-8 (350Z, EVO, WRX territory). This country needs more 2+2 rwd sports cars worth buying...

Hyundai GC is exploiting this but it's built more to drive profits whereas the FR-S/BRZ is built to inspire. The challenge lies in Toyobaru's ability to communicate the beauty of this package to the US and alter the mindset. These 2 big dogs (Toyota and Subaru) have an impressive portfolio that dominates the mainstream; I hope they execute on this one.

Last edited by switchlanez; 12-11-2011 at 11:40 PM.
switchlanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:17 PM   #81
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kids Heart View Post
Lets get this straight. Gushi is a damn good driver and drifter but is not the best America has to offer. My point is there are other drivers that don't have a ride for the 2012 season that have more accomplishments than Gushi.
Now I see where you're coming from. True, other drivers could benefit from this campaign more than Gushi. But from Scion's perspective, their potential marketing gain would not measure up to Gushi's. They'd need to work their way up... baby steps.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:05 PM   #82
random

Drives: Multiple
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchlanez View Post
You're right and thanks for pointing that out... Mazda has kept at it for decades. Without them, Toyobaru's project would not be marketable. Mazda3 holds the fwd crown but no single Mazda rwd package broke into the mainstream. Miata maintains the roadster niche, RX-7 was not so accessible (same tier as Supra) as was RX-8 (350Z, EVO, WRX territory). This country needs more 2+2 rwd sports cars worth buying...
What FWD crown is the Mazda3 holding?
random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:34 PM   #83
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

I really don't know I don't follow FWD cars much anymore lol but after the ITR, Celica, and RSX died the Civic was left to carry that duty. Til the Mazdaspeed3 came and spanked it. Apparently Mazda is so confident in this segment thinking they've outdone themselves that they are releasing a smaller engine/lower output version for the 2012 refresh. I rented a Mazda3 2.5 and the suspension and throttle response are a dream. I'm surprised how far FWD coupes have come since I sold my Celica GT-S.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:10 AM   #84
carbonBLUE
Reverse Burnouts

Drives: 2013 Argento FRS
Thanked 1,257 Times in 592 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchlanez View Post
I really don't know I don't follow FWD cars much anymore lol but after the ITR, Celica, and RSX died the Civic was left to carry that duty. Til the Mazdaspeed3 came and spanked it. Apparently Mazda is so confident in this segment thinking they've outdone themselves that they are releasing a smaller engine/lower output version for the 2012 refresh. I rented a Mazda3 2.5 and the suspension and throttle response are a dream. I'm surprised how far FWD coupes have come since I sold my Celica GT-S.
im selling my GT-S too
carbonBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drift, exhaust, fr-s drifting, fr-s forum, fr-s forums, fr-s reviews, frs forum, frs forums, frs review, interior, ken gushi, ken gushi fr-s, ken gushi frs, ken gushi scion fr-s, scion fr-s drift, scion fr-s drifting, scion fr-s forum, scion fr-s forums, scion fr-s ken gushi, scion fr-s review, scion fr-s reviews, scion frs drifting, scion frs forum, scion frs forums, scion frs ken gushi, scion frs review, scion frs reviews, subaru brz drift, subaru brz drifting