follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 05-12-2017, 02:41 PM   #813
Rybot

Drives: Subaru BRZ Series.Blue
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
Would have been way better/easier pedal effort with HD pressure plate and it held my 481 wtq just fine, the XT is kind of overkill. Nonetheless very clean install!
See, I have the XT, but I'm having issues with it, I think. It definitely holds fine, and pedal effort isn't too much harder than stock, though.

Quote:
I'm 99% sure Velox
I was highly considering getting it and the fork ball pivot when I eventually go back into my clutch system to sort out whatever the shit is going on with it, so I'll probably grab one. I just know that Cusco and Velox make an aftermarket fork.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:50 PM   #814
ATL BRZ
Driving Coach

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 4,137 Times in 1,707 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rybot View Post
That fork doesn't look stock.

Velox or Cusco?
Quote:
I'm 99% sure Velox

Yeah it's the Velox billet fork and pivot.
ATL BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ATL BRZ For This Useful Post:
Rybot (05-12-2017), Sportsguy83 (05-12-2017)
Old 05-13-2017, 02:35 PM   #815
DarthThinmints

Drives: scion fr-s raven
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Does anyone have this kit with a AT? How are you faring, what types of power are you getting, any upgrades on engine/transmission?
DarthThinmints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:22 PM   #816
Izzyboost1

Drives: 93 supra turbo auto 13 frs turbo 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
See, I have the XT, but I'm having issues with it, I think. It definitely holds fine, and pedal effort isn't too much harder than stock, though.

I was highly considering getting it and the fork ball pivot when I eventually go back into my clutch system to sort out whatever the shit is going on with it, so I'll probably grab one. I just know that Cusco and Velox make an aftermarket fork.
What kind of issues are you having. I've got the act 6 puck, with the act flywheel that is more solid(no voids). I've put 475 miles on mine after putting engine build. I'm getting some chattering in first gear sometimes worse than others. Had clutch and pressure plate rebuilt by best rebuild we have around here. ( lower alabama). Also had flywheel resurfaced as there were some hotspots. Turned out great. I may have been a little hard on it during break in period. Wondering if you are experiencing similar issues or if anyone has any insight on chattering.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Izzyboost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:31 PM   #817
Rybot

Drives: Subaru BRZ Series.Blue
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzyboost1 View Post
What kind of issues are you having. I've got the act 6 puck, with the act flywheel that is more solid(no voids). I've put 475 miles on mine after putting engine build. I'm getting some chattering in first gear sometimes worse than others. Had clutch and pressure plate rebuilt by best rebuild we have around here. ( lower alabama). Also had flywheel resurfaced as there were some hotspots. Turned out great. I may have been a little hard on it during break in period. Wondering if you are experiencing similar issues or if anyone has any insight on chattering.

My issues are pretty specific, and yet really weird. I've got a thread in the Issues/Warranty section about it. It starts on page 2, post #28.

If you don't wanna read through it all, I can PM you some info, but it's not what you had. It's a high RPM disengagement issue and probably another underlying issue. I'm guessing the pressure plate, but at this point, I've exhausted a bunch of options with pedal adjustment, bleeding the system, and replacing the master and secondary clutch cylinders. ACT will be sending me a new pressure plate to see if that helps, but I'm really unsure at this point.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:19 PM   #818
Izzyboost1

Drives: 93 supra turbo auto 13 frs turbo 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
My issues are pretty specific, and yet really weird. I've got a thread in the Issues/Warranty section about it. It starts on page 2, post #28.

If you don't wanna read through it all, I can PM you some info, but it's not what you had. It's a high RPM disengagement issue and probably another underlying issue. I'm guessing the pressure plate, but at this point, I've exhausted a bunch of options with pedal adjustment, bleeding the system, and replacing the master and secondary clutch cylinders. ACT will be sending me a new pressure plate to see if that helps, but I'm really unsure at this point.
Ok cool. I hope it works out for u.

Izzyboost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:06 PM   #819
Evil Rocky

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
What made you guys pick either the precision or the garret turbo kit? I am looking at this kit since I was going to go with an HKS supercharger but looks like to many problems and no support in the US like I thought they had. So this is the next thing FI I am looking at.
Evil Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 01:13 PM   #820
ShadowReaper
Indulgent Tormenter

Drives: 15' LTD Subaru BRZ DGM
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I am a turbo virgin and there 2 things that are unclear to me still.

-I understand JDL has a turbo kit with UEL which I am looking at. Is there turbo kit's than hook up to other aftermarket UELs? Is that a thing? or all kits bring their own specified manifold?

-What is the JDL UEL Turbo Kit dyno numbers from the start? Ive visited their page and contacted them, they don't seem to answer. I do see that it may be because of the different turbos.. I'm wondering if anybody has a good assumption tho.

Also, is anybody else stuck between SBD and JDL? I have been stuck between both for months. Anybody have a personal stronger opinion about one?

Instagram: 86_Maul
ShadowReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 01:57 PM   #821
Amputechture

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowReaper View Post
I am a turbo virgin and there 2 things that are unclear to me still.

-I understand JDL has a turbo kit with UEL which I am looking at. Is there turbo kit's than hook up to other aftermarket UELs? Is that a thing? or all kits bring their own specified manifold?

-What is the JDL UEL Turbo Kit dyno numbers from the start? Ive visited their page and contacted them, they don't seem to answer. I do see that it may be because of the different turbos.. I'm wondering if anybody has a good assumption tho.

Also, is anybody else stuck between SBD and JDL? I have been stuck between both for months. Anybody have a personal stronger opinion about one?

I'm not totally sure I understand your manifold question. If you're asking if other kits make UEL manifolds there are. Modern Automotive Performance, AVO are the first that come to mind. Perhaps I'm just repeating what you already know by saying this, but there is a difference between a header and a turbo manifold. P tuning for instance, does not have a turbo manifold because their wastegate is placed elsewhere. So you can retain the stock header, or use any other type of header you'd like. It's impossible to answer your dyno numbers question because there are countless variables at play. You would have to specify what gas you are using, what your exhaust setup is, method of boost control and planned amount of boost, what turbo you are using, what turbine housing size, your climate, elevation etc etc. To answer your last question, JDL is a much better buy and shits all over Speed by Design. You will make more power, have more options, not run the same kit that every 20 something year old punk with this car runs, and have higher quality parts that will last longer....all within the same neighborhood in terms of budget.
Amputechture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 03:32 PM   #822
ShadowReaper
Indulgent Tormenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amputechture View Post
I'm not totally sure I understand your manifold question. If you're asking if other kits make UEL manifolds there are. Modern Automotive Performance, AVO are the first that come to mind. Perhaps I'm just repeating what you already know by saying this, but there is a difference between a header and a turbo manifold. P tuning for instance, does not have a turbo manifold because their wastegate is placed elsewhere. So you can retain the stock header, or use any other type of header you'd like. It's impossible to answer your dyno numbers question because there are countless variables at play. You would have to specify what gas you are using, what your exhaust setup is, method of boost control and planned amount of boost, what turbo you are using, what turbine housing size, your climate, elevation etc etc. To answer your last question, JDL is a much better buy and shits all over Speed by Design. You will make more power, have more options, not run the same kit that every 20 something year old punk with this car runs, and have higher quality parts that will last longer....all within the same neighborhood in terms of budget.
That is exactly what I was talking about. Is P Tuning the only turbo kit in the market that does that??

In reference to the dyno question, I kinda just wanted to see numbers on complete stock setup regardless of elevation and the rest.

I like your response to the JDL vs SBD question haha

Old 05-26-2017, 10:10 PM   #823
Amputechture

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowReaper View Post
That is exactly what I was talking about. Is P Tuning the only turbo kit in the market that does that??

In reference to the dyno question, I kinda just wanted to see numbers on complete stock setup regardless of elevation and the rest.

I like your response to the JDL vs SBD question haha
Accelerated Performance's kit retains the header. I haven't seen a lot of folk running their kit, and not even sure if they produce them honestly. Turbo location and charge piping layout is pretty similar to PTuning. I'd imagine you'd have a really mushy throttle feel with so much distance boosted air has to travel. But then again all of the P Tuning owners swear up and down their transient response is good

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9942
Amputechture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:46 AM   #824
ShadowReaper
Indulgent Tormenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amputechture View Post
Accelerated Performance's kit retains the header. I haven't seen a lot of folk running their kit, and not even sure if they produce them honestly. Turbo location and charge piping layout is pretty similar to PTuning. I'd imagine you'd have a really mushy throttle feel with so much distance boosted air has to travel. But then again all of the P Tuning owners swear up and down their transient response is good

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9942
They don't produce any more. I definitely want an UEL sound when I go turbo, so I may go JDL and sell my Borla.

Old 05-28-2017, 11:47 PM   #825
UchihaFanBoy

Drives: 16 BRZ,99 Forester,13 FRS(RIP)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
JDL UEL Turbo kit can you use any UEL Headers ? Like the tomei uel headers ? Im trying to order my kit.
UchihaFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 11:50 PM   #826
Detroiter

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S Monogram
Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaFanBoy View Post
JDL UEL Turbo kit can you use any UEL Headers ? Like the tomei uel headers ? Im trying to order my kit.
It comes with the UEL headers that you will use. They are specific for the kit.
Detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote