follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Old 12-28-2012, 11:30 AM   #8093
IntotheOcean

Drives: Sexy Frs Firestorm M/T
Thanked 1,636 Times in 760 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If I have to come across one more person who doesn't have to actually WORK for their car I am going to snap!!!
How fucking old are you!! Why is mommy and daddy still buying you this shit!!! Are you not an adult!!!!!!!
Old 12-28-2012, 11:32 AM   #8094
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,850 Times in 1,639 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntotheOcean View Post
If I have to come across one more person who doesn't have to actually WORK for their car I am going to snap!!!
How fucking old are you!! Why is mommy and daddy still buying you this shit!!! Are you not an adult!!!!!!!
Some people gotta lotta $. If you have kids, why not spend it on them. Otherwise they can just die with it.

Don't let envy get the best of you. Just believe in yourself and don't worry about it.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #8095
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
My parents love me and can afford to buy me a car ONCE. They didn't come to this country for nothing...

Not saying yours don't love you; just providing why my parents bought me a car.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:36 AM   #8096
IntotheOcean

I need to relax.
I'm meeting zack Ryder today after all
I'm really tempted to ask if he needs help getting oiled up before the show later
Old 12-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #8097
IntotheOcean

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
Some people gotta lotta $. If you have kids, why not spend it on them. Otherwise they can just die with it.

Don't let envy get the best of you. Just believe in yourself and don't worry about it.
Let's just assume here that child goes to college. We're looking at around 200k SO not only will the parents pay that amount-but they will also get a 30k car for that child too?

Whatever happen to character growth, working for the things you own. Getting job EXPERIENCE.
Now I'm not saying my friends are shitty people-that's why we are friends, they understand the value of a dollar. But since they were so sheltered they have 0 job experience and I feel sorry for them. And it's not them, it's like this on going theme on this forum.
When I'm a parent I plan on saving for my child's education and when they are in High School I will get them a used car under 13k. And I'd tell the kid-this is it. Fuck it up and you won't get another one. And when you go to college you will continue to use this.
I mean, isn't that more logical?
Man, people are really wealthy. I guess I'm just a sore loser cause I would kill to have something nice, college education and to not have to buy my mom a car.
My life is backwards. I should get a 3rd part time job.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:50 AM   #8098
IntotheOcean

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
My parents love me and can afford to buy me a car ONCE. They didn't come to this country for nothing...

Not saying yours don't love you; just providing why my parents bought me a car.
My parents got me a car too, when I was in high school and it wasn't a 30k car.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #8099
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

My college education was only around $100K, which is on the expensive side considering it was a PUBLIC state school. Private college education could cost closer to $200K, but at that point is it worth it? Maybe for networking/contacts, but the education is only as good as you let it be.

Saying that someone more fortunate than yourself doesn't understand the value of a dollar is ludicrous really. My parents grew up in what y'all would consider 3rd world conditions in another country, came here for a better life, and I still grew up dirt poor. Shrug. I had shitty construction jobs and worked as a bagger at nearby supermarket in high school, worked all through college, and work now. You may be correct about a certain group, but lumping us all together is ignorant.

I've considered going back to school and/or buying a different car...I'm on my own for both. My parents only gave me one shot at each, which is exactly what's fair. If you want to talk about education in America, I'm game for a really long conversation on why it's broken.

Quote:
My parents got me a car too, when I was in high school and it wasn't a 30k car.
I didn't get a car until I went to college, which was a hand-me-down (but an awesome one). I wouldn't call the BRZ a $30K car. After taxes and registration, sure...but that's not exactly fair IMO.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OrbitalEllipses For This Useful Post:
IntotheOcean (12-28-2012), M-17 (12-28-2012)
Old 12-28-2012, 11:57 AM   #8100
IntotheOcean

Quote:
My college education was only around $100K, which is on the expensive side considering it was a PUBLIC state school. Private college education could cost closer to $200K, but at that point is it worth it? Maybe for networking/contacts, but the education is only as good as you let it be.

Saying that someone more fortunate than yourself doesn't understand the value of a dollar is ludicrous really. My parents grew up in what y'all would consider 3rd world conditions in another country, came here for a better life, and I still grew up dirt poor. Shrug. I had shitty construction jobs and worked as a bagger at nearby supermarket in high school, worked all through college, and work now. You may be correct about a certain group, but lumping us all together is ignorant.

I've considered going back to school and/or buying a different car...I'm on my own for both. My parents only gave me one shot at each, which is exactly what's fair. If you want to talk about education in America, I'm game for a really long conversation on why it's broken.

The hand-me-down WRX I got after high school was awesome (BEST MOM EVER), but my parents did not buy me a car until after college. I wasn't even supposed to get this particular car, but that's a different story.
Sorry, but you still got money handed to you.
Stop trying to justify it and stop pretending you're something you're not.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #8101
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Quote:
Sorry, but you still got money handed to you.
Stop trying to justify it and stop pretending you're something you're not.
Okay, so it IS envy. You don't believe anyone that's had it better than you deserves what they have. Got it. I didn't work hard for a dime, or my education, or anything else. Got it.

Move along now.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #8102
IntotheOcean

Quote:
Okay, so it IS envy. You don't believe anyone that's had it better than you deserves what they have. Got it. I didn't work hard for a dime, or my education, or anything else. Got it.

Move along now.
When you actually worked for 100k(or w.e the fuck everything came out to) than you can come back to me about how hard you worked.
Lmao *rolls eyes*
You sir are the one who can move along.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #8103
ayau

Drives: Some rust bucket
Thanked 1,045 Times in 556 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ayau For This Useful Post:
IntotheOcean (12-28-2012), M-17 (12-28-2012), SPEEDGOD (03-16-2013)
Old 12-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #8104
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Quote:
When you actually worked for 100k(or w.e the fuck everything came out to) than you can come back to me about how hard you worked.
Lmao *rolls eyes*
You sir are the one who can move along.
So you're jelly I didn't pay for my college education? Take a loan out like everyone else then.

Envy's a nasty thing. I said I was fortunate; hate away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayau View Post
The Following User Says Thank You to OrbitalEllipses For This Useful Post:
M-17 (12-28-2012)
Old 12-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #8105
Nevermore
Wayward Member

Drives: Hot Lava 86
Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,386 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I split the cost of my first car with my parents with my first paycheck from my first job. The car cost $500.00 and my mom actually came to where I worked to pick up my paycheck from me so she could go get the car. They covered my insurance since I paid for the car.

I'm also splitting the cost of my education with my dad (He covered all of my brother's and sister's education for them) because mine was considerably more expensive than the other two because I went to a private school, though I don't know about it costing $200k... He paid for the difference each semester after loans and scholarships, I'm just stuck with the remaining loans.

I don't know where I'm going with this either. Guess I'm just in the middle. *Hangs out in a corner somewhere*
Old 12-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #8106
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Here. I got this from a friend on NASIOC.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OrbitalEllipses For This Useful Post:
Dimman (12-28-2012), serialk11r (12-28-2012)
Closed Thread

Tags
221whp, :popcorn:, autobahnned, bringbackthebutts, brucelee, chucknorris, cutiepiepoppoppocorn, docking and snoodling, don'tbesadintotheocean, epic funnies, everyoneignoresmyposts, fuck yeah, funny thread tag, go_a_way1 was here, go_a_waycopiedspecialk, hey youse guys!, hoonigans, i am supreme., i like chocolate milk, i like to poop a lot, i like turtles, ichitaco, insertjokehere, invadethistread39erstyle, kr-s have my babies, kr-s is a faaggot, kr-s is a loser, mythbeliever, myunclesaid..., only the strong survive, postheredontbotherashrink, rules_of_nature, sklimo liked it, skylineislyfe, special_k was here, tagageddon 2016, thetagofreason, titsorgtfo, troz, whathappenedtothetags?