follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest AZ, NM, NV, OK, TX, UT

User Tag List

Old 11-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #715
*KID*
86-er

Drives: BRZ tS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone want to PM me there number so I can get in contact with some of you for Sunday at Retama... this will be my first event.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #716
Got3n
86-75309

Drives: Toyota FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by *KID* View Post
Anyone want to PM me there number so I can get in contact with some of you for Sunday at Retama... this will be my first event.
When is the retama event, next Sunday?
Got3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #717
*KID*
86-er

Nov 11th...
Old 11-03-2012, 06:51 PM   #718
Ricepuddin
Get a Bowl

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcasso87 View Post
Im going, see you there around 10! Ill be trailering her.
Apparently I am sicker than I thought. For whatever reason I thought today was the second....

Last edited by Ricepuddin; 11-03-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Ricepuddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:01 PM   #719
Ricepuddin
Get a Bowl

So because I suck at keeping track of days, I've created a Google Calendar for the San Antonio group. If you would like me to add you to the calendar please PM me with your email.

I'll give everyone rights to edit or add events since I am not really a local.
So far I've added dates and times for next week's AutoX (as well as set a reminder for myself 2days out) and cars and coffee for this month.

https://www.google.com/calendar/embe...merica/Chicago
Old 11-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #720
Extreme86
Live Free, Drive Hard

Drives: 13 BRZ, 19 WRX, 10 GMC, 20 RAV4
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got3n View Post
Omg my is here and receiving her first upgrade , gonna pick her up tomorrow, also calling into work lol

Awesome! Congrats for sure. Don't see any recent posts so you must be enjoying driving!! Let us know your impressions on the TRD exhaust....and your FRS. Would be interested in the TRD price especially if you could hook me up at a discount! I have an SRT cat back and my wife hates it because it is too loud for her. She puts her hands on her ears during acceleration...ugh. Cruising is fine. I'm gonna have to find something quieter with less restriction....the exhaust, not the wife! (If anyone here in our area is interested in a slightly used SRT cat back, PM me. I'll make you a deal.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx5 2nr View Post
I've been wanting to meet up with the FRS/BRZ crowd out here, but it seems like life's got me staying busy. Any word on any FRS/BRZ-specific happening's anytime before the end of the year?
@pcasso87 and @Ricepuddin likely will be participating in the next Alamo Region SCCA autoX at Retama Sunday AM Nov.11. (Definitely have plans to be there for that!) Otherwise, I'm thinking we need to organize a preliminary Sat. morning expeditionary Twisted Sisters drive just to check it out prior to a more organized event in the Spring. Maybe first part of December? Problem is being busy right now for sure!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx5 2nr View Post
--dynotronics1, I may have missed it as I am at work currently & really shouldn't be on the 'net, but do you have a website? and where is your shop located?
That supercharger looks awesome! Wow. Can't wait to see how that turns out.

http://www.dynotronicstuning.com/

1303 Potthast Drive
New Braunfels, TX 78130
Map: http://goo.gl/maps/7FPBm
Old 11-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #721
Ricepuddin
Get a Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme86 View Post

Awesome! Congrats for sure. Don't see any recent posts so you must be enjoying driving!! Let us know your impressions on the TRD exhaust....and your FRS. Would be interested in the TRD price especially if you could hook me up at a discount! I have an SRT cat back and my wife hates it because it is too loud for her. She puts her hands on her ears during acceleration...ugh. Cruising is fine. I'm gonna have to find something quieter with less restriction....the exhaust, not the wife! (If anyone here in our area is interested in a slightly used SRT cat back, PM me. I'll make you a deal.)

@pcasso87 and @Ricepuddin likely will be participating in the next Alamo Region SCCA autoX at Retama Sunday AM Nov.11. (Definitely have plans to be there for that!) Otherwise, I'm thinking we need to organize a preliminary Sat. morning expeditionary Twisted Sisters drive just to check it out prior to a more organized event in the Spring. Maybe first part of December? Problem is being busy right now for sure!!!

That supercharger looks awesome! Wow. Can't wait to see how that turns out.

1303 Potthast Drive
New Braunfels, TX 78130
I will be at the Auto-X and to make sure I have 3 reminders programmed into my phone and emails.

As of now it's suppose to be nice on Saturday , so a recon of Twisted sister would be a good idea.We may even find a decent location for a photoshoot.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:09 AM   #722
Got3n
86-75309

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme86 View Post

I have been driving it all weekend, but mostly just to stores and what not. Recently started moving in with the GF and her house didnt have a garage door opener so I spent all day yesterday putting that in, so my baby would have somewhere to sleep lol.

Car Impressions: Man, i thought going from a V6 to a 4cylinder would be a big loss of power but man this thing has some get up and go! Still not AS fast as I'd like it but still pretty good, especially when I had myself and my friend in the car who is 300lbs+, thing still picked up and went pretty good. Sport mode is fantastic, drives just like id like it to drive, doesn't change gears early and holds in place till id want it to change. Gas mileage is pretty awesome, so far im averaging just over 30mpg and Ive been having fun with her, ill get more on my weekdays since all the driving i usually do is to work, then gym, then home.

TRD: Ok so when i showed up to the dealer my guy told me he hadn't heard this exhaust on any fr-s yet and was in love the moment he heard it and is recommending it to anyone who buys it. So he showed me the car and handed me the keys and asked me to turn it on so i could hear the exhaust and when i did a smile appeared on my face. It was a low rumble, nothing loud but just so you knew it was there, reved it up a bit and it sounds mean, not too loud and not too quiet, to me its just right, you can hear it while driving but if your radio is up you cant hear it over the radio. Seems louder in the 2500-4000 rpm range (haven't really gone over 4k rpm yet) and even on a few downshifts it sounds like a i get a bit of a pop! like some backfire. To me this was a great addition to the car, the back profile looks so much meaner. Also the exhaust is GF approved here, between these COMFORTABLE seats and the exhaust, on saturday night while driving home she said between the comfy seats and the hypnotic sound of the exhaust she fell asleep in less that 2 miles and didnt wanna get out lol.

BeSpoke: More like BeJoke. It might not be the head units fault but the sound quality isnt all that great, when i used the BT on my Lumia to the stereo the sound is blah, in my accord when i would use it, it sounded great, but this stereo seems lacking. It could all be the speakers too, dont get me wrong. I do plan on upgrading both speakers and HU. When i bought the car on friday I went from the dealership to customsounds to get it tinted and i was asking them about the sound systems and they said they had already worked on one FR-S already. Also while she was in the bay the owners of other cars were talking to the guys about there cars and then all ended up migrating over to my car like it was a bug zapper and they were drawn to it lol. I just found it funny since i was in the shop looking around, looked at the progress of my car and no one was around except the guy doing the tint and then i do a lap around the store and come back and there are 10 people around my car lol.

This is my first sports car, hell this is my first RWD car and I'm already finding out the joy's of it all. I cant wait for my wheels and tires. Also I should be getting my Spoiler and Lowering springs in this week or next week. Already had a few knuckle heads rev on my at lights and what not....silly kids!

Also thanks for the link, I'll keep that for my records lol.

1303 Potthast Drive
New Braunfels, TX 78130

Ill be at the autox on sunday, its like a mile from where I live, hell I run past retama everyday.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #723
*KID*
86-er

can't wait for Sunday Funday....
Old 11-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #724
Got3n
86-75309

Garage
Haha, i just looked up the twisted sisters and I really wanna do that, that looks like fun!
Old 11-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #725
Extreme86
Live Free, Drive Hard

Drives: 13 BRZ, 19 WRX, 10 GMC, 20 RAV4
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Garage
@Got3n
Thanks for the first impressions! I can relate to your comments. Sounds like we are in the same FM 3009 area. Hope to run in to you at Retama as I’d like to hear that exhaust. Maybe us 86 owners can find each other and park together. Low rumble and low decibels definitely the goal. If you hear some pop that would indicate it has low restriction characteristics which is good. Concur with the 2500-4000 RPM range being louder. That’s the range I’m having issues with just normal conservative driving. When I cruise at a steady speed or really get on the accelerator it’s not that bad. I was smilin’ & diggin’ it until my wife put her fingers in her ears!!! Dangit. ….then she said, I liked it the way it was before…Geez.

LOL….bug zapper comment. Have had many experiences with ppl asking or gathering around the BRZ…especially when it’s all cleaned up and shiny. There is a certain “eye candy” appeal to 86 cars. My wife named my car “Candi” as she says I am having an affair with a car and so that’s a sexy slutty name (apologies to any Candi’s out there). So, be careful with your GF esp. when you start spending $$$ on bling for your car and not her!!! I can guarantee you will be in trouble at some point in time in the future.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #726
*KID*
86-er

my gf says the same shit...lol
Old 11-05-2012, 12:13 PM   #727
Got3n
86-75309

Garage
Yeah im off Lookout rd. I was on 3009 a bunch yesterday, running to lowes and what not for the garage door opener and some other tools.

She already knows im gonna be putting some money into it and since its all mine really (we dont have bank accounts together and what not) she cant say anything, besides, I just bought her a garage door opener. It was on her list of things she wanted to buy for her house, so I told her i would buy her one and install it, even thought im the one parking in it LOL.

I'm gonna see about getting her opticoated, the car, not my gf, so it looks purdy for this weekend.

The gf has already telling me that i was spending too much time with the car, and that I smile every time i look at it. when we went out to eat Sunday i had to find a place in the restaurant to sit that gave me a direct line of sight to the car, she didn't realize that till she turn around and saw the car and just laughed and said "really babe!?" All in all shes happy I got it ^_^
Old 11-05-2012, 12:55 PM   #728
DatGoodBRZ

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Ltd.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hey what's up SA! I've had my SWP since first week of September. I had to order mine from NewYork but luckily they had no markup which helped out on the shipping. I just haven't had time to join the forum and jump on. My buddy who just got his firestorm red frs a couple days ago turned me onto this forum. Would love to meet up with y'all someday and kick it with peeps who share the same love for cars. Anyways I am unfortunately working in the RGV down by Mexico right now but I do go back up and visit my folks and friends whenever I can. Anyways I'll try and post pics of my car and the mods I do as well.
DatGoodBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote