follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 06-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #57
Brzetto

Drives: 4 wheels
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fatoni wanted second opinion on the Supra Soarer connection, here's one. Like it or not the Soarer and Supra are the same car. Just like the G37 is a stretched 370Z chassis.

http://gtblogger.com/toyota-soarer-z30/

http://gtblogger.com/toyota-supra-mk-iv/
Brzetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:10 PM   #58
fatoni

Drives: miata, mazdaspeed protege, ls430
Thanked 1,442 Times in 787 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brzetto View Post
I don't think the video's poster was the one running from the cops. 1 that would be stupid because the cops lurk youtube looking for people to incriminate themselves. 2 I said Z30 which is the model pictured. some people are beyond dense. Mostly trolls looking to win an argument they've already lost.

yeah. i know what the car is. ive owned two of them. i still have one.
Quote:
Fatoni wanted second opinion on the Supra Soarer connection, here's one. Like it or not the Soarer and Supra are the same car. Just like the G37 is a stretched 370Z chassis.

http://gtblogger.com/toyota-soarer-z30/

http://gtblogger.com/toyota-supra-mk-iv/
if something has been stretched, its not the same anymore. platform sharing is not the same as being the same. the miata is not the rx8, the g37 and the 370 arent the same car, the galant and the talon are as much the same as everything else you are saying. the talon and the eclipse however, were the same car.

you simply do not know what you are talking about.
fatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fatoni For This Useful Post:
Deep Six (05-21-2015)
Old 06-30-2013, 11:50 PM   #59
Brzetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatoni View Post

if something has been stretched, its not the same anymore. platform sharing is not the same as being the same. the miata is not the rx8, the g37 and the 370 arent the same car, the galant and the talon are as much the same as everything else you are saying. the talon and the eclipse however, were the same car.

you simply do not know what you are talking about.
That last bit is especially funny and the whole response itself is laughable at best why can't you compose a weighty response instead of weaving all over the road so to speak, the fact is the cars used the same chassis, engine, drivetrain, suspension and other other thing plus they are made in the same factory. Let me guess, next you're gonna say the BRZ and FRS aren't the same car. I'll take you serious if you buy a BRZ or FRS until then you're in grain of salt city. Nothing personal and yes even a stretched chassis from a 370Z that's used in the G37 is still the same chassis generally speaking. You're argument makes it sound like someone could take one rotor blade off of a Hughes 500D/MD 500 and then it would instantly become a totally different aircraft. What is this transformers now. Perhaps you should buy one of the twins. I've met people like you before on forums, maybe you're better off with a Miata after all. I'll take my Hachi Roku over a Miata any day. The name Miata sounds feminine.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:51 PM   #60
Brzetto

Quote:

Do you have pictures of it?
Old 06-30-2013, 11:55 PM   #61
Zeus

Drives: N/A
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
How about that 2.0L in the upcoming CLA45 AMG? 26 lbs factory boost is no joke
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:15 AM   #62
ZC6BRZ
Wannabe JDM Type S

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Quote:
There is just one thing wrong there, the Eclipse was the Talon's sister car, not the Galant. The rest of that is pretty spot on. .
Having owned a galant vr4 and 2 eclipse gsxes, I can tell you that the eclipse talon and laser was based on the galant chassis.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:11 PM   #63
CSI:86
86 = First New Car

Drives: 2013 Pegasus White Toyota 86 GTS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by unijabnx2000 View Post
JDM SR16VE N1 197hp = 123.13hp/L
Oh shit totally forgot about that engine. 1.6L - 197hp. Beats the s2000
CSI:86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #64
86 = First New Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
How about that 2.0L in the upcoming CLA45 AMG? 26 lbs factory boost is no joke
355hp from 2.0L twin turbo. This thread is about N/A.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #65
86 = First New Car

Quote:
kind of. i see where you are coming from but having the head work for a smaller motor should yield more power and a factory option. the head/ecu for a smaller sized motor is kinda cheating since with a stroker, you are increasing piston speeds and running an aggressive cam profile. i guess its one of those apples to oranges things. i think we can agree on what things are but somewhat disagree with how we feel about them.
Very true. But the k20's head flows much better than the 2zz-ge. The 2zz-ge was not supposed to go up against the k20. The 2zz-ge was to compete against the b series engine, and does so very well. How can you say its cheating when the stock JDM k20's head flows better than the 2zz-ge's, cams are better than the 2zz-ge's and the bottom end is much more well designed than the 2zz-ge. The ONLY way for the 2zz-ge to even come close and be equivalent to the stock JDM k20 is to put a stroker. And that will be a fair game.

If we are talking about mods. JDM 2zz-ge, get an Apexi Power FC tune to raise rev limit to 9200 plus decent CAI, catback exhaust and headers will place the car at about 190 - 195whp on 93 octane. The JDM k20, just tune it, it will get the car to 200whp, if not above depending on the car's baseline. I know all about this as back in the days i had a Jap Spec celica that i put the above bolt ons listed and still couldn't beat my uni roommate who had a JDM integra type s with just a ecu reflash. The k20 makes crazy power with minimal mods. I strongly believe a k20 with full bolt ons will even make as much power as a 2zz-ge with a turbo.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #66
LeeMaster
Red wine

Drives: Subaru BRZ(R.I.P)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Honda K24a2, 205hp 176tq(Acura TSX 2006-2008). Has the most aggressive cams than any other K series engine and produces the most 'torque'.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #67
fatoni

Drives: miata, mazdaspeed protege, ls430
Thanked 1,442 Times in 787 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
That last bit is especially funny and the whole response itself is laughable at best why can't you compose a weighty response instead of weaving all over the road so to speak, the fact is the cars used the same chassis, engine, drivetrain, suspension and other other thing plus they are made in the same factory. Let me guess, next you're gonna say the BRZ and FRS aren't the same car. I'll take you serious if you buy a BRZ or FRS until then you're in grain of salt city. Nothing personal and yes even a stretched chassis from a 370Z that's used in the G37 is still the same chassis generally speaking. You're argument makes it sound like someone could take one rotor blade off of a Hughes 500D/MD 500 and then it would instantly become a totally different aircraft. What is this transformers now. Perhaps you should buy one of the twins. I've met people like you before on forums, maybe you're better off with a Miata after all. I'll take my Hachi Roku over a Miata any day. The name Miata sounds feminine.
if showing you the facts that the dimensions are so different isnt a "weighty" enough argument, then i give up. im not sure why owning a twin has anything to do with the sc400. an appeal to logic isnt going to work if youre being this irrational so go ahead and enjoy putting those words in my mouth and making fun of the miata.
Quote:
Do you have pictures of it?
no
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSI:86 View Post
Very true. But the k20's head flows much better than the 2zz-ge. The 2zz-ge was not supposed to go up against the k20. The 2zz-ge was to compete against the b series engine, and does so very well. How can you say its cheating when the stock JDM k20's head flows better than the 2zz-ge's, cams are better than the 2zz-ge's and the bottom end is much more well designed than the 2zz-ge. The ONLY way for the 2zz-ge to even come close and be equivalent to the stock JDM k20 is to put a stroker. And that will be a fair game.

If we are talking about mods. JDM 2zz-ge, get an Apexi Power FC tune to raise rev limit to 9200 plus decent CAI, catback exhaust and headers will place the car at about 190 - 195whp on 93 octane. The JDM k20, just tune it, it will get the car to 200whp, if not above depending on the car's baseline. I know all about this as back in the days i had a Jap Spec celica that i put the above bolt ons listed and still couldn't beat my uni roommate who had a JDM integra type s with just a ecu reflash. The k20 makes crazy power with minimal mods. I strongly believe a k20 with full bolt ons will even make as much power as a 2zz-ge with a turbo.
yeah i dont really know much more about the motors outside what ive already said so you could be totally right about that stuff.
fatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #68
Levi

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
BEST 2 LITER N/A ENGINE EVER!!!!!!

BMW P54 B20
Configuration: Inline
Cylinders: 6
Displacement: 1,990 ccm
Bore x Stroke: 80 x 66 mm
Power: 285 PS @ 8,800 RPM
Torque: 230 Nm @ 7,000 RPM

Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Levi For This Useful Post:
hmong337 (09-21-2013), sato (01-01-2015)
Old 07-02-2013, 08:14 AM   #69
WolfpackS2k

Drives: '12 C63 P31, '23 GRC
Thanked 2,078 Times in 1,189 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
You're citing a poor example, as the FM platform is used by Nissan for evvvvvvvvvvvverything, even a few of their crossovers like the Murano and EX & FX. So now do you want to tell us how similar the 370Z is to the Murano? That's one of the reasons that the 370Z is so heavy, as it's platform had to make compromises.

Getting back OT, can we focus on 2.0 liter production engines.
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfpackS2k For This Useful Post:
vangisback (07-02-2013)
Old 07-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #70
vangisback

Drives: Honda S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k View Post
You're citing a poor example, as the FM platform is used by Nissan for evvvvvvvvvvvverything, even a few of their crossovers like the Murano and EX & FX. So now do you want to tell us how similar the 370Z is to the Murano? That's one of the reasons that the 370Z is so heavy, as it's platform had to make compromises.
Brzetto is retarded as fuq. Don't listen to that guy.
vangisback is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vangisback For This Useful Post:
WolfpackS2k (07-02-2013)