follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 09-23-2015, 05:15 PM   #57
ATaraxias

Drives: 1994 Geo Metro Hatchback
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
You have no idea how Amazon works, apparently.

Amazon inventory can be divided up into 3 large categories:

1) sold and fulfilled by Amazon
2) sold by 3rd party seller and fulfilled by Amazon
3) sold and fulfilled by Amazon

Amazon does ship partial orders without warning, usually it's at the seller's discretion. Usually they won't do this though, because customers can complain and the sellers could lose out on the payments because of Amazon Marketplace.

Amazon also provides free return shipping, however it involves a prepaid shipping label that requires you to drop off. They almost never issue a call tag unless it's an epic failure of sorts.

I'm mostly adding info and going off topic to this because I can.

-alex
Never has the phrase, 'What an Amhole" been more appropriate.

Then again, I've never, ever been hosed by Amazon like this and I order from them several times a month. I guess it just depends on "who" you order from on Amazon.
ATaraxias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 05:26 PM   #58
MokSpeed
Granny Shifter

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Thanked 1,289 Times in 711 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATaraxias View Post
I've got an overpipe and a Q300 exhaust sitting in my garage waiting for the piece that connects them

I believe the pipe firmly lodged up your rectum should suffice.

MokSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MokSpeed For This Useful Post:
MisterSheep (04-05-2016)
Old 09-23-2015, 05:28 PM   #59
mav1178

Drives: 2005 Toyota Camry
Thanked 6,093 Times in 3,029 Posts
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Never has the phrase, 'What an Amhole" been more appropriate.

Then again, I've never, ever been hosed by Amazon like this and I order from them several times a month. I guess it just depends on "who" you order from on Amazon.
Exactly, hence my post.

Mostly correcting the wrong stuff in your assumptions about Amazon and other Tier 1 retail/etail outlets.

-alex
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 05:55 PM   #60
ATaraxias

Quote:
Originally Posted by MokSpeed View Post
I believe the pipe firmly lodged up your rectum should suffice.

Unfortunately, that pipe is resonated, not catted. AutoX has rules, man.

As far as I'm concerned, you're welcome to make a thread called, "I don't like ATaraxias at all and he is a very bad man for the following reasons." Then, you can put all your comments like this in that thread instead of this one. Everybody wins.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:18 AM   #61
irax

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ WRB
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
The very fact that you do something so unethical and petty as pass chargeback fees to customers is reason enough to avoid your company. The rest of this thread isn't even needed.
How are chargeback fees unethical and petty ? Those are pretty slanderous terms coming from a moderator.

Can you please clarify this ?
irax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 10:25 AM   #62
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
How are chargeback fees unethical and petty ? Those are pretty slanderous terms coming from a moderator.

Can you please clarify this ?
Charging the customer for them is. They are a cost of doing business. My company gets hit with them all the time but we eat them.

Also pointing out a negative opinion of something they said is not slander. I'm not making something up to hurt their business, their stated policy is doing that and I'm writing an opinion on their stated policy. Mike understood that and has handled this maturely.
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles

Last edited by Dave-ROR; 09-24-2015 at 10:40 AM.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 11:52 AM   #63
irax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Charging the customer for them is. They are a cost of doing business. My company gets hit with them all the time but we eat them.

Also pointing out a negative opinion of something they said is not slander. I'm not making something up to hurt their business, their stated policy is doing that and I'm writing an opinion on their stated policy. Mike understood that and has handled this maturely.
It would be unethical if he charged a fee if he didn't state that on his website. It would be petty if he handled it any other way than he did.

Which means that you calling him unethical and petty is slanderous.
If it is an opinion it would be a slanderous opinion.

To say things are otherwise would be false and a misrepresentation of Mikes efforts.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:19 PM   #64
ATaraxias

Quote:
It would be unethical if he charged a fee if he didn't state that on his website. It would be petty if he handled it any other way than he did.

To say things are otherwise would be false and a misrepresentation of Mikes efforts.
If you are going to try and lawyer people regarding something you know nothing about such as the laws related to defamation, you would do well to learn that slander is spoken while libel is written.

Truth is also a complete defense to both causes of action...
Old 09-24-2015, 12:24 PM   #65
MokSpeed
Granny Shifter

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Thanked 1,289 Times in 711 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
The unfortunate reality is that many businesses pass on fees to the customer. For example, it's actually illegal for businesses to designate a "minimum credit/debit card charge" for a purchase. However, it is not illegal for them to charge a "convenience fee" for rendered services which is what most conceal the credit card fees as. It's all about semantics and educating yourself as a consumer. While I do not agree with the practices of passing on chargeback fees to the customer, I do appreciate the fact that it is disclosed to the customer prior to any incident. Whether or not you still choose to conduct business with CZP in the first place is ultimately your decision.
MokSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 12:25 PM   #66
LOLS2K
/scion

Drives: '13 86 M/T
Thanked 1,402 Times in 786 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
So what's going to happen here? Are you just going to wait till Mid October for the parts to come in?
LOLS2K is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LOLS2K For This Useful Post:
MisterSheep (04-05-2016)
Old 09-24-2015, 01:03 PM   #67
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Quote:

No, if he did that it would simply make any court case related to it be an easy victory against him.

This is literally the *only* business I've seen actually pass along chargebacks. Chargebacks exist as a last resort for a consumer to get money back out of a business that has failed them. Passing it along is basically penalizing the customer again for poor service, lack of product delivery, etc.

By a reasonable person standard you'd have a hard time with this argument. Hell I searched google for "passing chargeback fee to customer" and the first link was this: http://www.creditcards.com/credit-ca...omers-1585.php

They also refer to the practice as unethical. Not that I'm surprised.

He is the one with the policy. Good luck proving that my view of his policy is damaging in any way compared to the stated policy that he admits to. Especially when you consider the statement is being made about a factual statement. If I had said he passes along chargebacks when he does not, this would be a different story.

I can only assume that you know him and are sticking up for him, which is commendable, but he's a big boy and can address it with me himself if he wishes.

If you wish to continue, get ready to create another account. I don't have the time or patience for you.
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4

Last edited by Dave-ROR; 09-24-2015 at 01:16 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:06 PM   #68
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MokSpeed View Post
The unfortunate reality is that many businesses pass on fees to the customer. For example, it's actually illegal for businesses to designate a "minimum credit/debit card charge" for a purchase. However, it is not illegal for them to charge a "convenience fee" for rendered services which is what most conceal the credit card fees as. It's all about semantics and educating yourself as a consumer. While I do not agree with the practices of passing on chargeback fees to the customer, I do appreciate the fact that it is disclosed to the customer prior to any incident. Whether or not you still choose to conduct business with CZP in the first place is ultimately your decision.
I agree that is good that it's disclosed. Hell if it wasn't he would get in trouble trying to do so (as that fee would be chargedback and he wouldn't win that case).

Some states still block the convenience fee but allow a "cash discount" instead.

Paypal prevents people from charging the fee so the seller can avoid fees, but that still happens all the time because people are willing to eat the fees.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave-ROR For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (09-24-2015), MisterSheep (04-05-2016)
Old 09-24-2015, 01:17 PM   #69
irax

Quote:
If you are going to try and lawyer people regarding something you know nothing about such as the laws related to defamation, you would do well to learn that slander is spoken while libel is written.

Truth is also a complete defense to both causes of action...
I'm not going to try to "lawyer people", but you and Mike have made this situation very transparent.

The way Mike handled this situation was very appropriate. To say he or his company is petty is uncalled for. And to say how he handled the situation or his company unethical is just wrong.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:19 PM   #70
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Quote:
I'm not going to try to "lawyer people", but you and Mike have made this situation very transparent.

The way Mike handled this situation was very appropriate. To say he or his company is petty is uncalled for. And to say how he handled the situation or his company unethical is just wrong.

Actually I called the PRACTICE of passing along chargebacks unethical and petty. I also stated some fault for this situation on the OP being a little bit unreasonable and commended Mike for trying to get to a solution.