follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 01-26-2014, 07:46 PM   #57
kayoh

Drives: 2014 SWP Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So nice to have you guys in my hometown I'm just waiting at this point
kayoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:49 PM   #58
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousTuning View Post
I think the 215-220 mark is pretty easy to obtain with just bolt ons but 240 is the goal. Will it be obtainable, to be honest I am not sure but that is why we put those numbers out there, to see if we can figure out a way.

So far we are at about 210whp with just the Airaid intake added to this tune. So now it will be onto a full exhaust and potentially some other items, we shall see.

Cheers,
William Knose

This is a great power and very cost effective for a standard car , especially considering if you flash back to stock ROM change oil and filter (to remove any evidence of E85 in oil) dealer is very unlikely to refuse any warantee work.

only downside for me is availability/price of E85 in australia
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:41 PM   #59
Malt

Drives: 2015 WRX
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
This is a great power and very cost effective for a standard car , especially considering if you flash back to stock ROM change oil and filter (to remove any evidence of E85 in oil) dealer is very unlikely to refuse any warantee work.

only downside for me is availability/price of E85 in australia
Except you can't flash completely back to stock with ecutek. There always will be a trace of the tune on your ECU that will be detectable by the dealer if they decide to look for it. Not that you should be trying any of this trickery anyway. Flashing back to stock to try and pull one over on the dealers for warranty work is shady buisness.
Malt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:13 PM   #60
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,683 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malt View Post
Except you can't flash completely back to stock with ecutek. There always will be a trace of the tune on your ECU that will be detectable by the dealer if they decide to look for it. Not that you should be trying any of this trickery anyway. Flashing back to stock to try and pull one over on the dealers for warranty work is shady buisness.
You are not completely correct, flashing back to stock with ANY system can be a shady business. Though I have yet to see a dealer recognize a reflashed ECU placed back to stock on ANY tuning system for the 86 platform. They would either need to pull the file completely off the ECU and do a compare to a stock file with some software they more than likely do not have. Or they would need to mail the ECU to Subaru Japan for comparison. Either option I highly doubt they would do.

Also when the dealership reflashes the ECU it will completely wipe the ECU first, so there will be no trace of anything after the dealer reflash. Therefore it would be completely stock.

Cheers,
William Knose
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:24 PM   #61
u/Josh

Drives: GBS Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Is this a tune you would be comfortable releasing as a 'base map' for a car that is not local to you or would you want to detune it a bit?
u/Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:41 PM   #62
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by u/Josh View Post
Is this a tune you would be comfortable releasing as a 'base map' for a car that is not local to you or would you want to detune it a bit?
I have been testing it on about 3-4 cars right now to make sure it is working properly. So far it has been great on every vehicle but it does come down to E85 content. If it is at about E75 content or higher you are good, it is when it gets lower that I am more concerned about. Yes the ECU adjusts but I just do not want to see the Advance Multiplier dropping too much.

Basically if you can find consistent E85 and always fill up near full you should be good. If you are running something a little different just let me know and we can adjust for it, not a problem.

Cheers,
William Knose
Old 01-26-2014, 11:47 PM   #63
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:

Hi,

As above unlikely they will find it if they are not looking for it.

Other tuning systems leave little or no trace

Was just making a general comment, car can be easily returned to "stock" as opposed to unbolting exhausts,header,intakes ect.

Not talking about running a 20psi boost turbo kit punching a rod out the side of the block then putting it back to standard to try to claim warantee.

Say I get a chirping fuel pump or similar, known warantee issue that I want fixed, I'd be better to flash to "stock" , run standard fuel and take back to dealer. If I front up with an E85 tune and E85 in the tank they will blame that in my experience and unlikely to repair the known issue.

Last edited by steve99; 01-27-2014 at 12:29 AM.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:16 AM   #64
Herndon

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
What about running a flex fuel tune if e85 is not always readily available?
Herndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:32 PM   #65
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herndon View Post
What about running a flex fuel tune if e85 is not always readily available?
Completely correct, but there are quite a few people that do not want to install a Flex Fuel system quite yet. But I am sure it will happen soon enough.

But in any case I have the tune available as a Flex Fuel tune also, in BETA right now.

Cheers,
William Knose
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
whataboutbob (03-17-2014)
Old 01-27-2014, 04:56 PM   #66
Powersfrs

Drives: Frs
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Sorry for going a bit off topic...just wondering why many don't want to install a flex fuel kit?..is it the price or is there a potential high danger of some sort with it?..sorry for my noob questions...
Powersfrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:57 PM   #67
mikalem

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powersfrs View Post
Sorry for going a bit off topic...just wondering why many don't want to install a flex fuel kit?..is it the price or is there a potential high danger of some sort with it?..sorry for my noob questions...
Either/or or both of those reasons is probably your answer - of the two kits that have been floating around here, both are a bit home grown - not really what I'd call a polished boxed product that walks you through all the install and lists warnings/dangers you might face. I personally can only speak to one of the kits (listed in my sig) - it's not something I'd recommend doing on your own if you've not messed with fuel lines in the past.

All that said though once it's up and running, WAY easier to flip fuels around
mikalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:59 PM   #68
mikalem

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousTuning View Post
Completely correct, but there are quite a few people that do not want to install a Flex Fuel system quite yet. But I am sure it will happen soon enough.

But in any case I have the tune available as a Flex Fuel tune also, in BETA right now.

Cheers,
William Knose
Any of this effect your STG2 Flex Fuel users or is this more for the close to stock STG1 crowd? (And I'll PM you, I have a question about the tune).
mikalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:01 PM   #69
jamesm
Banned

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,180 Posts
Mentioned: 313 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
fwiw the only tuning software that i would consider to not be dealership-friendly is BRZEdit. it completely disables OBDII communication, so the dealer tool can't even connect. obd2 scan tools, innovate ot-2, nothing will work with it. it's what they call 'read protection'. and bullshit.
jamesm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jamesm For This Useful Post:
DeliciousTuning (02-03-2014)
Old 02-03-2014, 10:15 PM   #70
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikalem View Post
Any of this effect your STG2 Flex Fuel users or is this more for the close to stock STG1 crowd? (And I'll PM you, I have a question about the tune).
Well since this tune is still in Beta, bu close to being released I do feel it will work well even on STG2 packages. Will it be ideal, maybe not exactly, but should still work fairly well, but that will be the next tune, which is coming soon.

Cheers,
William Knose
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
mikalem (02-03-2014)