follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List
scottman

Old 07-06-2016, 09:50 PM   #659
ButeraFRS

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVRSRFR View Post
I think it was me who said Labour day. Sorry for confusing you lmao.

So the planned date would now be August 7th if I'm not mistaken?
Yeah I'll let you guys know if anything changes.

Sorry for all the confusion and moving of the dates.
Old 07-20-2016, 03:45 PM   #660
SLVRSRFR

Drives: 2013 BRZ 6MT, 2007 WRX Wagon 5MT
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
BRZWorld tonight?
Ahsila (07-21-2016)
Old 07-20-2016, 05:18 PM   #661
FLYFISHR

Drives: 2014 BR"ZED" Sport-tech DGM MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVRSRFR View Post
BRZWorld tonight?
Haven't heard other wise. See you there.
Ahsila (07-21-2016), SLVRSRFR (07-20-2016)
Old 07-20-2016, 05:50 PM   #662
SLVRSRFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYFISHR View Post
Haven't heard other wise. See you there.
Hell yeah!

Ahsila (07-21-2016)
Old 07-21-2016, 12:33 PM   #663
Scarebus

Drives: '15 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButeraFRS View Post
Yeah I'll let you guys know if anything changes.

Sorry for all the confusion and moving of the dates.
Hi guys, my buddies' GTI/Golf R group is also having a Muskoka cruise, which has been postponed to August 7th (from this weekend). I don't want to hijack your event, but I was wondering if you might be interested in combining the two events and meet some new friends in the process.

They have about 10-15 ppl interested in attending so far, so it's understandable if you're worried about a larger group getting out of hand. My experience with them is that they stress driving responsibly in this event, and save the spirited stuff for track days. I have a BRZ and would like to meet some of you, if we haven't met already, although I myself am not 100% sure of my attendance as of yet, so it's a fluid situation at this time. I'll definitely try to make it if we have the two groups together.

The route itself is very similar to the one you posted earlier, other than the meeting point. We usually meet at the Walmart at 400/Hwy 7, and top up at the 400/Bayfield exit in Barrie, where there's both a Shell & Petro-Canada (some ppl want Petro 94), and end up at Huntsville for lunch. Afterwards we split, and the west end guys come back down the 400, while the east end guys have a choice of a more scenic return route down Hwy 35.

Let me know your thoughts, thanks.
Scarebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:38 PM   #664
ButeraFRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarebus View Post
Hi guys, my buddies' GTI/Golf R group is also having a Muskoka cruise, which has been postponed to August 7th (from this weekend). I don't want to hijack your event, but I was wondering if you might be interested in combining the two events and meet some new friends in the process.

They have about 10-15 ppl interested in attending so far, so it's understandable if you're worried about a larger group getting out of hand. My experience with them is that they stress driving responsibly in this event, and save the spirited stuff for track days. I have a BRZ and would like to meet some of you, if we haven't met already, although I myself am not 100% sure of my attendance as of yet, so it's a fluid situation at this time. I'll definitely try to make it if we have the two groups together.

The route itself is very similar to the one you posted earlier, other than the meeting point. We usually meet at the Walmart at 400/Hwy 7, and top up at the 400/Bayfield exit in Barrie, where there's both a Shell & Petro-Canada (some ppl want Petro 94), and end up at Huntsville for lunch. Afterwards we split, and the west end guys come back down the 400, while the east end guys have a choice of a more scenic return route down Hwy 35.

Let me know your thoughts, thanks.
Hey I think it would be kind of cool but 15 cars + the 5+ guys we have here would be kinda hectic on the tighter roads like Southwood and the others that are included on the trip. Not to mention I can't imagine how crazy it would be if we got stuck behind a slow driver with 20 sports cars waiting to pass on single lane roads.

If that number were lower I'd be very interested in combining the two cruises but I think 20 cars on tight roads like southwood would be a recipe for disaster. Let me know if that number gets smaller as we get closer to the date though,
Old 07-21-2016, 07:45 PM   #665
ButeraFRS

Okay guys I'm confirming the date for the cruise on August 7, 2016.

If you are able to come for sure PLEASE post here one last time and I'll include you in the message group that'll outline some guidelines and rules for the cruise. I'll send out that message as we approach August 7.

So far what I know is, we will meet at the Harveys on Weston and Rutherford at 9 am so get enough sleep beforehand. The route you can find in this link. We'll stop for lunch and a beer at a place that is TBD. Oh and I drink a lot of water so expect a decent amount of piss breaks. Total Trip time should be under 7 hours, we should be home by 4-5pm

And I know a couple people who have messaged me saying they have friends who have different cars that also wanna come, they're welcome just make sure that you include them in your post so I can keep track of how many people are coming.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:28 AM   #666
Rakshaa
Milton 86 Club

Drives: Lexus IS350, GT86, Mini Cooper, CBR
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
First Official Local Milton Meet scheduled for Wednesday July 27th @ 8:00pm! The location is at Indigo/Starbucks in Milton along the 401. Let's get everyone out there and meet some fellow enthusiasts!

For full details, see the Facebook group!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1154...643618/?ti=icl
Rakshaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:33 AM   #667
ButeraFRS

Looks like the cruise isn't happening ??

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2016, 10:41 PM   #668
icybrzzz

Drives: 2015 Scion frz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I will let you know if I'm 100% in this weekend. Will be going on august 20th with some friends if that interests you guys.
icybrzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:45 PM   #669
Red Dingo

Drives: Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:

If you are able to come for sure PLEASE post here one last time and I'll include you in the message group that'll outline some guidelines and rules for the cruise. I'll send out that message as we approach August 7.
I'm definitely interested in this.
Red Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:46 PM   #670
iLaw

Drives: 2015 BRZ, Aozora Edition
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:

So far what I know is, we will meet at the Harveys on Weston and Rutherford at 9 am so get enough sleep beforehand. The route you can find in this link. We'll stop for lunch and a beer at a place that is TBD. Oh and I drink a lot of water so expect a decent amount of piss breaks. Total Trip time should be under 7 hours, we should be home by 4-5pm

And I know a couple people who have messaged me saying they have friends who have different cars that also wanna come, they're welcome just make sure that you include them in your post so I can keep track of how many people are coming.

I just have to check to make sure nothing is scheduled with family. Other than that I should be in.
iLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 09:10 AM   #671
SLVRSRFR

Any idea of general road conditions on this cruise route? Friendly to those of us with stretched tires?

I've been hella paranoid of potholes since I put these on, as I have about an inch of tire in the front and that's it...

Otherwise I'd definitely like to join if I don't have any prior obligations!
Old 07-29-2016, 09:10 AM   #672
SLVRSRFR

Any idea of general road conditions on this cruise route? Friendly to those of us with stretched tires?

I've been hella paranoid of potholes since I put these on, as I have about an inch of tire in the front and that's it...

Otherwise I'd definitely like to join if I don't have any prior obligations!