follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest AZ, NM, NV, OK, TX, UT

User Tag List

Old 10-22-2012, 03:07 PM   #645
Ocho-Seis

Drives: Raven FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm down for the photoshoot....Thats a 3 day Weekend in my book. Also How does the Autocross Days work here? I'm not apart of the club so I don't know. I would really like to test out the FR-S out at Retama sometime.
Ocho-Seis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #646
sa1126

Drives: n/a
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripjammer View Post
There is a red FR-S 6 speed manual coming into Red Mccombs Scion, somebody backed out...let me know if anybody is interested. My salesman tried to sell it to me, but I am holding out on my whiteout order.
It was on the lot on Saturday. I stopped by to schedule my appointment for the fuel pump TSB. I also saw a nice ultramarine with silver rims there that pulled into the service bay.

sa1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sa1126 For This Useful Post:
tripjammer (10-23-2012)
Old 10-22-2012, 11:27 PM   #647
Ricepuddin
Get a Bowl

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
@Extreme86
Auto-X would be a great place to to grab some shots, of course plenty of actions shots. I'll probably try to get in on the racing.

Also I'd like something a little nicer as well , but we can make that lot work.

Also if we do a Hill country run I'd like to have some people who are familiar with the route (twin sisters) to take point.
Ricepuddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:40 AM   #648
Extreme86
Live Free, Drive Hard

Drives: 13 BRZ, 19 WRX, 10 GMC, 20 RAV4
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricepuddin View Post
@Extreme86
Auto-X would be a great place to to grab some shots, of course plenty of actions shots. I'll probably try to get in on the racing.

Also I'd like something a little nicer as well , but we can make that lot work.

Also if we do a Hill country run I'd like to have some people who are familiar with the route (twin sisters) to take point.
Exactly! ^^^ Dittos. I'd like to get involved with with Auto-X so definitely would be interested in observing and learning. For sure can get some action shots when you do the track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocho-Seis View Post
I'm down for the photoshoot....Thats a 3 day Weekend in my book. Also How does the Autocross Days work here? I'm not apart of the club so I don't know. I would really like to test out the FR-S out at Retama sometime.
I know, right? As newbys we'd have to become SCCA members & attend novice training first, get a helmet, etc. Details / Solo II rules are on the SASCA website. SPOKES is the other organization with events sometimes at San Antonio Raceway near Marion. We'd likely be able to find out more on the 11th from @Ricepuddin and @pcasso87.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got3n View Post
I can't wait to get my FR-S so i can go to the meets!!!!
Try waiting about 5 months (or more) for a BRZ!!!!!! Agggggh.
(It will be worth the wait.) Are you gonna make it to Coffee and Rides to test drive someone's 6AT?

Last edited by Extreme86; 10-23-2012 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Added Mentions.
Extreme86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:15 AM   #649
track_warrior
Track Junkie

Drives: Faster than the Stig!
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme86 View Post

I'm looking forward to checking out all your mod's in person when you get it all done! That bad @ss spoiler prolly set you back a few bucks!!! Nice!!! Are you gonna be able to make it to Retama to autocross on Nov. 11?
Maybe that would be a good location to meet up for a photoshoot!
Yeah it did, my ass still hurts from being raped but it was worth it .

I really hope my car is ready by that date, if it is then i will make it for sure.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #650
Got3n
86-75309

Drives: Toyota FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Try waiting about 5 months (or more) for a BRZ!!!!!! Agggggh.
(It will be worth the wait.) Are you gonna make it to Coffee and Rides to test drive someone's 6AT?
I think my car might be here before CaR so not sure, but I can't think of any reason I wouldnt like it. Having to wait only 2 months or so killed me as is so I can't imagine waiting that long, I'm a very impatient person lol, if I want something, I want it now!
Got3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:54 PM   #651
Ricepuddin
Get a Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee and Rides-San Antonio Facebook
Some of America's best will be on hand to check out all the rides. Soldiers who have been wounded defending us and protecting our freedom will be there as part of the Moonlight Fund. Make sure you all come out and meet these great men and women.
Well I'll be there, the date will have to wait a week.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #652
Extreme86
Live Free, Drive Hard

Garage
^^ I'll bring a couple of orange cones to save some spots at C&R so we can all group park together. I bet there will be a good turnout this time.

Just installed the SRT catback this afternoon and changed out rear end gear oil with some ENEOS 75w-90. The magnetic drain plug was all gooped up with black particulate metallic sludge.

Exhaust is a nice low rumble at idle and cruising speeds. WOT is a blast. Seat dyno seems like it made an improvement. Did a couple of aggressive acceleration runs and STILL smiling!! ECU tune will be next!!!!!!

Old 10-25-2012, 12:00 AM   #653
Ricepuddin
Get a Bowl

Looks good, I can't wait to hear it. I'll have one non 86 in tow with me. Also what ramps are those,and do they work well up front?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Ricepuddin; 10-25-2012 at 12:23 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:47 AM   #654
track_warrior
Track Junkie

Drives: Faster than the Stig!
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
^^ I'll bring a couple of orange cones to save some spots at C&R so we can all group park together. I bet there will be a good turnout this time.

Just installed the SRT catback this afternoon and changed out rear end gear oil with some ENEOS 75w-90. The magnetic drain plug was all gooped up with black particulate metallic sludge.

Exhaust is a nice low rumble at idle and cruising speeds. WOT is a blast. Seat dyno seems like it made an improvement. Did a couple of aggressive acceleration runs and STILL smiling!! ECU tune will be next!!!!!!

Crap if your diff oil was that full of metal particles i dont want to imagine how mine is going to come out.

How many miles do you have on her?
Old 10-25-2012, 01:51 AM   #655
*KID*
86-er

Drives: BRZ tS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
anything like meets or anything happening in SATX
Old 10-25-2012, 06:07 AM   #656
Extreme86
Live Free, Drive Hard

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricepuddin View Post
Looks good, I can't wait to hear it. I'll have one non 86 in tow with me. Also what ramps are those,and do they work well up front?
10-4. Rhino Gear from Advance Auto is what they are called now. Have had them about 6-7 years now…use to be called Rhino Ramps I believe. I can easily get the Saab 9-3 and VW CC on them (barely) in the front but, BRZ is way too low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcasso87 View Post
Crap if your diff oil was that full of metal particles i dont want to imagine how mine is going to come out.
How many miles do you have on her?
Less than 3000 miles. I saw on a post somewhere that break-in of the differential produces that metal crap and that is why they put in the magnetic drain plug. Highly recommend servicing out the rear end and transmission early on to remove that stuff just for better piece of mind. The diff oil itself was red looking and did not appear dirty but the plug was the nastiest magnetic plug I’ve ever encountered. It almost looked like grease but, it was just really fine ground up metal sludge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KID* View Post
Coffee and Rides on parking lot of Panera Bread at Blanco and 1604 this Sat. October 27th 7:30 – 10:30 AM and SASCA Autocross Event at Retama on Sunday Nov. 11.

NOTE: Loop 1604 Westbound main lanes from Stone Oak to Blanco will be closed: Friday, October 26 from 10 PM to Noon on Saturday, October 27.
http://www.facebook.com/CoffeeandRides
Old 10-25-2012, 09:02 AM   #657
jimbobrand

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *KID* View Post
The San Antonio TXIC group will be having a meet tonight starting around 7:00-7:30. Usually a few BRZs show up (FR-S' welcome, too) but be sure to either contact me or @Ranatsu if you decide to come (so we can make sure to reserve a table or ensure that we can get everyone in). Should be posting up where it will be soon.
TXIC San Antonio
jimbobrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #658
*KID*
86-er

Drives: BRZ tS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
10-4. Rhino Gear from Advance Auto is what they are called now. Have had them about 6-7 years now…use to be called Rhino Ramps I believe. I can easily get the Saab 9-3 and VW CC on them (barely) in the front but, BRZ is way too low.

Less than 3000 miles. I saw on a post somewhere that break-in of the differential produces that metal crap and that is why they put in the magnetic drain plug. Highly recommend servicing out the rear end and transmission early on to remove that stuff just for better piece of mind. The diff oil itself was red looking and did not appear dirty but the plug was the nastiest magnetic plug I’ve ever encountered. It almost looked like grease but, it was just really fine ground up metal sludge.

Coffee and Rides on parking lot of Panera Bread at Blanco and 1604 this Sat. October 27th 7:30 – 10:30 AM and SASCA Autocross Event at Retama on Sunday Nov. 11.

NOTE: Loop 1604 Westbound main lanes from Stone Oak to Blanco will be closed: Friday, October 26 from 10 PM to Noon on Saturday, October 27.
http://www.facebook.com/CoffeeandRides
whats the cover for the SASCA event, im down for that.