follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 03-18-2011, 02:41 PM   #603
jmc

Drives: Lexus GS430, Toyota Celica Supra
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thought I would introduce myself as I just joined this forum the other day. I have been following the FT-86 from day one. I have always been an avid Toyota fan growing up and to this day still check Toyota's press site each day for their latest press releases. My first car was a 1985 Toyota Celica Supra. Ever since selling it, I always wished I still had it, so I bought a second one 4 years ago.My current one has a 7MGTE swapped in. Back in the day we have also owned a 1998 Celica, 1999 4Runner and currently have a Lexus GS430. I grew up loving what Toyota had to offer in the 80's and 90's, but have been dissapointed with their offerings for the past decade. I think that the new FT-86 will once again put Toyota on the map for sports cars. Hopefully this is just the beginning for Toyota/Lexus and their sports car offerings. My wife and I love the whole "Toyota sports car" idea and will end up buying one (Toyota or Subaru, no Scion) for a fun weekend car once available.
Toyota Celica Supra-red/maroon, 7MGTE powered
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:04 AM   #604
TOYPARTS

Drives: Vitz
Hi just looking around and found the site. I work for Toyota and can't wait for the FT-86. I heard it is on target for Nov. 2011. I'm keeping an eye open for when ordering starts.
TOYPARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:09 AM   #605
hookrsnblow

Drives: Dodge Neon
whats up guys, i just found this site. cant wait to see a new FT86. i might even trade in my car for one.
hookrsnblow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:39 PM   #606
Midship Runabout
formerly Dixie Normous

Drives: The ladies wild!
^ your name sounds like my Friday nights....
Old 03-23-2011, 11:28 PM   #607
farugah

Drives: Subaru Liberty 3.0RB '05
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
I decided to finally join up. I've been lurking here for a few months. The FT will be my first "new" car purchase. Right now I drive an Elantra, lol, however I am not new to the coupe world. I have owned two S13's and a 280z in the past. I miss that RWD fun and I can't wait for the FT!
This is basically me, however I haven't owned any coupes just a 2000 RAV4 cruiser which my parents sold on me, and now my 1994 holden commodore only thing its got going for it is the manual transmission (makes it fun in the wet). Anyway thought I should finally join up and contribute somehow.
farugah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:52 PM   #608
Allch Chcar

Drives: N/A
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by farugah View Post
This is basically me, however I haven't owned any coupes just a 2000 RAV4 cruiser which my parents sold on me, and now my 1994 holden commodore only thing its got going for it is the manual transmission (makes it fun in the wet). Anyway thought I should finally join up and contribute somehow.
That sucks man. You should have gotten the title put in your name ASAP. I had a problem with a bank taking money out of my minor account when they went overdrawn At the time I thought it was too inconvenient to close it and reopen as an adult because the only difference was that I'd get the word minor taken off of my account info. It wasn't even my parents fault really, the bank was robbing them blind for anything even suggesting they were overdrawn for a second. I drove my truck for years under my dad's name because of insurance. We had an argument and he wanted me to have it in my name because I was being a pain . It worked out that I kept it in his name until I ruined the engine and end up junking it to help get us a running vehicle again .

Welcome to the forum.

And to the rest of you welcome! Be nice and please don't repost old news or rumors, thank you.
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:08 PM   #609
C-Bone

Drives: '03 Tiburon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allch Chcar View Post
Welcome to the forum.

And to the rest of you welcome! Be nice and please don't repost old news or rumors, thank you.

What he said
Old 03-24-2011, 08:30 PM   #610
farugah

Drives: Subaru Liberty 3.0RB '05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allch Chcar View Post
That sucks man. You should have gotten the title put in your name ASAP.
It wasnt my car so I didnt really have any say, and they gave me the car I drove now so it's okay I guess. I am waiting eagerly for the ft86 though.
farugah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:40 AM   #611
C4RBON

Drives: '15 BRZ, '19 GTI
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Hey all. I've been following the progress of this car for years now! I can't wait for the final version(s) to be released!

C4RBON
C4RBON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:26 AM   #612
nickatdunning

Drives: 2006 focus st
hi guys I'm from michigan, and am a 'sales consultant' at a Toyota dealer, and I'm dying to see the ft, and I will probably be one of the first people to drive it, cuz the day it arrives on the ground I'll just have to test drive it :p , and from work, I heard it won't be till next year but we've all waited this long, so what's another year lol
nickatdunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:00 AM   #613
Zenrael
Boost me plz

Drives: 07' Hyundai Tiburon
Hello everybody! My name's Hunter and I drive a Hyundai Tiburon that has an intake and 'Tuscani' badge mod plus HID's. I'm very interested and anxious for this beast to come out so I can drive it!
Zenrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:42 PM   #614
dominican
Lude Dude

Drives: 1998 Honda Prelude
Hey guys, I'm originally from NY, but I'm now in Ft Lauderdale, FL. I've had a number of cars, here's the list:

1990 Civic Wagon 5speed
2000 Accord V6 sedan
1989 E30 325is 5speed
1985 BMW M535i
1999 540i6 Msport

and the car I've had for the longest and will probably never let go of, 1998 Honda Prelude with a JDM engine swap, LSD 5spd transmission, lowered on GroundControl/Kein, and much more.

I've been wanting a newer car since I sold the 540 (did that because I was moving to Florida for a job promotion). Since I've heard about this, I keep hoping that this will have a similar feel to the Prelude. One can hope!
dominican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:04 PM   #615
Niche79

Drives: '01 AND '91 Honda Preludes
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominican View Post
Hey guys, I'm originally from NY, but I'm now in Ft Lauderdale, FL. I've had a number of cars, here's the list:

1990 Civic Wagon 5speed
2000 Accord V6 sedan
1989 E30 325is 5speed
1985 BMW M535i
1999 540i6 Msport

and the car I've had for the longest and will probably never let go of, 1998 Honda Prelude with a JDM engine swap, LSD 5spd transmission, lowered on GroundControl/Kein, and much more.

I've been wanting a newer car since I sold the 540 (did that because I was moving to Florida for a job promotion). Since I've heard about this, I keep hoping that this will have a similar feel to the Prelude. One can hope!
/wave why hello there! haha I love that fact that you had a 2000 accord v6 as well, however mine was a coupe brand new back then. Broke my ass though and I sold it! Well there FL buddy and Lude buddy, we both gotta hang in there till the fall till we decide which car to buy! Till then man! Never sell that Lude either!
Niche79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:33 PM   #616
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Guess I should say hi too. I'm from St. Louis, MO and currently drive a '02 Mazda Protege5 that now has 120k miles on it. Great handling little FWD hatch but it runs out of power above 4,000rpm and I swear my next car should be RWD. So I can't wait to drive the 86 as it should be even better handling than my P5 which has been great.
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6mt, bot. report?, frs, notreally, turbo