follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 03:22 AM   #43
willnigguhwassuh
IG: will__is__nguyen

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I ordered from them plenty of times never had any issues in my experience
Old 03-19-2015, 11:34 AM   #44
mav1178

Drives: 2005 Toyota Camry
Thanked 6,093 Times in 3,029 Posts
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMB FR-S View Post
and yes I could drop it but when it comes down to it, it is poor customer service and its really unacceptable.
Quote:
There is 0 things wrong with the way I order my products.
Quote:
I have sold an item to someone and done the transaction through an e transfer and sent it to where it was asked to be sent. Had no issues with the sale. I get that some people may take advantage but gotta be a way to make things work cant turn a customer to the door.
Your expectation is that you want to buy and that your method of payment is legit, as far as you are concerned.

The reality is, your payment can be easily claimed as "fraud" and charges reversed with a simple phone call, whatever your intent is.

There is nothing wrong with the way you are ordering, as long as vendor has the same policies in place that match your desired order payment and shipping methods. But honestly, it's like walking into a store and trying to pay with a personal check, and the store doesn't accept personal checks. You can offer an unlimited amount of personal guarantees, but it doesn't change the fact that the store won't accept that form of payment.

This is just you expecting ABC and the vendor only accepting DEF. You can argue about who is in the wrong, in the end it's not poor customer service if they won't bend over backwards for you.

I've dealt with plenty of customer "fraud" in the past, at some point the vendor will just choose to enforce their own internal policies.

-alex
Old 03-19-2015, 12:12 PM   #45
8R6

Drives: FRS
Thanked 1,338 Times in 746 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
dont blame the vendor for fraud prevention. blame all the shitheads that have committed gazillion accounts of fraud and fucked it up for everyone else. you might have had some uneventful smooth transactions selling stuff to people, but now multiply that by a thousand times. you think you can still have a 100% zero fraud track record? and imagine if that was your livelihood and source of income... would you risk it?
Old 03-19-2015, 12:25 PM   #46
UMB FR-S

Drives: Ultramarine Blue FR-S
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
Your expectation is that you want to buy and that your method of payment is legit, as far as you are concerned.

The reality is, your payment can be easily claimed as "fraud" and charges reversed with a simple phone call, whatever your intent is.

There is nothing wrong with the way you are ordering, as long as vendor has the same policies in place that match your desired order payment and shipping methods. But honestly, it's like walking into a store and trying to pay with a personal check, and the store doesn't accept personal checks. You can offer an unlimited amount of personal guarantees, but it doesn't change the fact that the store won't accept that form of payment.

This is just you expecting ABC and the vendor only accepting DEF. You can argue about who is in the wrong, in the end it's not poor customer service if they won't bend over backwards for you.

I've dealt with plenty of customer "fraud" in the past, at some point the vendor will just choose to enforce their own internal policies.

-alex
I get the points you are making but I don't see it to be bending over backwards to have it shipped to a ups store. It is also not so much as paying with a personal check it's paying with a visa which is an accepted payment method and I even completed extra verification with a signature photo ID and the visa card face. For whatever reason there is nothing I can do. Either way as much I don't want to give them any business I will probably call them tonight as I don't care to look for the rims in stock elsewhere and will see if I can send them the money as a gift so they have no risk as was suggested. I'll swallow my pride with this whole situation as paying extra to get what I want is just to my to cost me in the end. Well see how that goes
Old 03-19-2015, 02:12 PM   #47
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,187 Times in 6,839 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
I get the points you are making but I don't see it to be bending over backwards to have it shipped to a ups store. It is also not so much as paying with a personal check it's paying with a visa which is an accepted payment method and I even completed extra verification with a signature photo ID and the visa card face. For whatever reason there is nothing I can do. Either way as much I don't want to give them any business I will probably call them tonight as I don't care to look for the rims in stock elsewhere and will see if I can send them the money as a gift so they have no risk as was suggested. I'll swallow my pride with this whole situation as paying extra to get what I want is just to my to cost me in the end. Well see how that goes
That UPS store is not your billing address. If you claim fraud, then the vendor loses with zero recourse, no matter how much documentation they have.

Amazon has the ability to absorb losses like this. Most car part vendors do not.
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
continuecrushing (03-19-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 03:25 PM   #48
UMB FR-S

Garage
All businesses have risk to them this would be one vendors.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:18 PM   #49
UMB FR-S

Garage
after calling them and trying to gift the money to them apparently you can still reverse the charge and they will not do it.

I also left a bad review on their facebook account yesterday and they deleted it instead of replying to it. They also will no longer sell to me because I gave them a bad review.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:47 PM   #50
dtrop

Drives: Wrb 2014 limited brZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Once a red flagged customer, always a red flagged customer.

Gifting money on PayPal is least safe thing you can do....

In their eyes you are not a trusted buyer...

I don't understand how, after 3 pages, you still don't understand this.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:06 PM   #51
8R6

Drives: FRS
Thanked 1,338 Times in 746 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
after calling them and trying to gift the money to them apparently you can still reverse the charge and they will not do it.

I also left a bad review on their facebook account yesterday and they deleted it instead of replying to it. They also will no longer sell to me because I gave them a bad review.
why would you give them a negative review after all that has been explained and discussed?? LOL!

why can't you understand the idea that based on what you're demanding, they have the right to refuse sale due to their fraud prevention guidelines. YOU might be a legit buyer, but EVERYTHING you are asking for is the same tactics that countless fraudulent people also do, so they choose not to accept. Someone else's credit card (picture or not), different shipping/billing addresses, out of the country, and incessant demands. It's not just one of these things that disqualify you... it's the combination of ALL these things coming from one transaction that disqualifies you. how do you not understand this??? I'm beginning to think that now you really are a fraud. LOL

why dont you send some money to a prince in Nigeria so they can wire you a million dollars? I'm sure ONE out of the thousands is legit at least... right?

[edit] you know what? how about you try making a friend with someone in the states, then send them money to buy the wheels. then have this friend ship it to you directly? Send me $1000 USD through Western Union money order only please. I'll get the wheels and ship the wheels to you. You can trust me. I'm from the internets.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:25 PM   #52
UMB FR-S

Garage
the bad review on facebook was posted at the same time as this thread and they deserve a bad review. If their policy turns away paying customers its poor service any way you put it. There are losses in all markets they should learn to deal with their losses without turning people away.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:44 PM   #53
dtrop

Drives: Wrb 2014 limited brZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
the bad review on facebook was posted at the same time as this thread and they deserve a bad review. If their policy turns away paying customers its poor service any way you put it. There are losses in all markets they should learn to deal with their losses without turning people away.
I've been holding this back....

You're an idiot.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to dtrop For This Useful Post:
2016 Camaro SS (03-20-2015), 8R6 (03-19-2015), bakerr6 (03-19-2015), Braces (12-02-2015), Cheeseballs (03-20-2015), DaBrz (03-20-2015), Marco_86 (03-20-2015), Rabbit of Caerbonnog (03-20-2015), RobertPaulson (03-23-2015), spdfreak (03-22-2015), sprintertrueno86 (03-20-2015), swarb (03-19-2015), UMB FR-S (03-19-2015), ZOMFGAARON (03-24-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 07:10 PM   #54
wheelhaus

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2020 KTM Super Duke 1290R
Thanked 1,141 Times in 624 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm dumbfounded that you still don't understand why. You keep saying you do, then immediately explain yourself again, hoping someone will see it your way. it's not poor service, its responsible service.

We get it, you're a "paying customer" and you have told them over and over, you've even filled out forms. The point is this is an international situation, and its just. not. that. simple. American laws don't apply to a customer out of the country, and the vendor is stuck holding ALL the liability. ANYTHING that doesn't immediately add up means potential trouble, no matter how you try and spin it.

Getting pissed and publicly bashing them has only rubbed salt on the wound, and now you're blacklisted.

All they wanted was to ship to a verified address. You told them no and shot yourself in the foot trying to make this work. Stop blaming the vendor, please.
The Following User Says Thank You to wheelhaus For This Useful Post:
8R6 (03-19-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 07:13 PM   #55
wheelhaus

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2020 KTM Super Duke 1290R
Thanked 1,141 Times in 624 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Also, I've ordered plenty of things over the internet where the vendor will ONLY ship to the billing address. Or overseas I've had to send a photo with my ID and other info just to have a purchase approved because of potential fraud, and this was just for a key code sent via email.

Customer is different than purchaser, purchaser is different than shipping address, shipping address is different than billing address... Geez...
Old 03-19-2015, 08:03 PM   #56
UMB FR-S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelhaus View Post
I'm dumbfounded that you still don't understand why. You keep saying you do, then immediately explain yourself again, hoping someone will see it your way. it's not poor service, its responsible service.

We get it, you're a "paying customer" and you have told them over and over, you've even filled out forms. The point is this is an international situation, and its just. not. that. simple. American laws don't apply to a customer out of the country, and the vendor is stuck holding ALL the liability. ANYTHING that doesn't immediately add up means potential trouble, no matter how you try and spin it.

Getting pissed and publicly bashing them has only rubbed salt on the wound, and now you're blacklisted.

All they wanted was to ship to a verified address. You told them no and shot yourself in the foot trying to make this work. Stop blaming the vendor, please.
Understanding and agreeing are two different things

Closed Thread