follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 12-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #43
husker741
Banned

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion FR-S 6MT
Thanked 4,183 Times in 1,415 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I've heard I should've gotten the turbo version, the TRD supercharger, an STi, a Mustang, a Supra (sometimes I agree with this because I almost got one over my FR-S), and I'm sure a few others I'm not remembering.
husker741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:33 PM   #44
jblmr2

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
People who know me usually ask, "So did you trade in the MR2 Spyder?" Which is followed by my response..." ah....no." That is followed by, "So you've got 2 sports cars? (me) Well...ah...yes."

Is it a bit indulgent, definitely! But I have the advantage of having an SO who has a large comfortable 4 door sedan to carry the grandkids around in.

Life is good!
jblmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #45
sofrsnsokleen
GEARS!!???

Drives: raven black 2013 scion fr-s
Location: the southeast side of san antonio, where the players play!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
luckily the people i work with and friends and family i have don't really know much about my car. Yesterday i was getting ready to leave with my partner for field visits and had to stop by my car and she was like "is that a maserati?" i was like, umm yeah, you know where we work? lol, most people i've ran into are always impressed simply on the looks. Its the nicest looking car in the price range. If anyone ever asks me as to why i didn't get a gen coupe i'm going to cut them off and say, its fast but ugly as fuck. I'd much rather have a car that looks nice at a stand still than a car that looks like shit no matter how fast it is.
sofrsnsokleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:54 AM   #46
hmong337
Emperor JDM

Drives: '91 MR2 Gen3 3SGTE, '13 FRS
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
This thread is actually pretty funny lol.

I've never had anybody second my choice in the frs. In fact, all my closest friends reassured my purchase of the frs. My cousin being one that said... "for a brand new $25k car, there's no questioning you got the right one!".
Old 12-21-2013, 06:05 AM   #47
Knickstape

Drives: '13 FR-S (Asphalt)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by husker741 View Post
Stop making us younger ones look like idiots. If you're proud of yourself, you shouldn't have to explain your shit to anyone. And by the way, I don't care how many fucks you give about this post.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #48
Apoc

Drives: Raven FR-S 6M
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Most conversations I've had with people talking about my FR-S start with asking me how I like the car and if I've seen the new XXX or YYY model from "Brand X". The only time someone has suggested I should have bought something else was from a dumb kid at the shop that I got my tires mounted. He told me I should have waited for the turbo awd version that was announced to be coming next year (this was in 2012). I nodded and agreed with him with the most fake sincerity I could muster.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #49
Alabang 86

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
flowers on mothers day
drewbot (12-21-2013)
Old 12-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #50
Faceless

Drives: 2013 Raven Fr-s
I got the exact opposite from all my friends when I was shopping for a new car. Bouncing between the FR-S, Gen Coupe, and the Fiesta ST, every one of my friends said no question on which to get. Needless to say my friend was very excited the only time I let him drive the piss out of my car. Actually scared my a few times haha.
Faceless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #51
Sparda29

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demandred7 View Post
Dude. You should have brought a manual FR-S. Every time I talk about my car when people find out it is an automatic, they say I should have got the stick or it absolutely kills the conversation. The auto suits my needs and had the AT sucked, I would have forced myself to learn manual. Thank God they didn't put a CVT in the car. Despite the slower 0-60 time for the AT FR-S, it is one of the best AT's for its price point and I don't regret my choice at all.
I wanted a manual transmission car but the fuckers only had an one FRS in stock and it was an automatic transmission. I even asked them if they could order me a manual and give me a loaner Corolla or something for the meanwhile and they said no. And no, I couldn't wait the 6 weeks it would have taken to get the manual FR-S. (I was rear-ended in an accident the month before and my old car was totaled and the other guy's insurance company refused to let me have a rental car for more than a month.) And, I couldn't go to another dealership because my friend's friend was the financial manager at this dealership and he got me approved for a lease even though my credit score is horrible.
Sparda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:58 PM   #52
Mo707

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I think its just dumb and almost 90% of people that say something like that have no idea what there talking about. Trying to compare 2 diffrent classes. Like when i got my car my buddy asked why i didnt get the mustang 5.0. Like really?
I trend to ignore people that start there first sentance like that.
Instead i would rather have someone ask why i didnt get .....
IMO
Mo707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:01 AM   #53
robwbright

Drives: '13 BRZ Limited WRB Phantom ESC 1.5
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveflooder View Post
A mustang. I've owned mustangs my whole life and hang out with pretty much all mustang owners, lol.
There are so many freaking mustangs around here I might as well buy a minivan... unless it was a Shelby.
robwbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:03 AM   #54
robwbright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Habits View Post
Genesis Coupe. Four times in the last month to be exact. WRX twice. Camaro once. 3 series once. Seems to be the more FRS/BRZ I have seen pop up in the area the more haters. And its always directed toward the hp numbers.

"WTF, the gen coupe has like 350 hp" another guy "damn, so its like 180hp? you do know the gen coupe has like 340 hp right?" another guy "thats the frs huh? no its the brz, they are similar with slight differences. oh yeah, looks like a 16 year old girls first car. you do know about the genesis 2 door right?"

I then inform them Ive got something at home in the 545 hp range if they would like to line up just let me know where. The more I drive the BRZ the more I enjoy it. That's enough for me.
I drove my brother in law's Genesis Coupe 6MT today. Did it make me want a supercharger on my BRZ? YES, DEFINITELY.

Did it make me want a Genesis? Nope. For a number of reasons.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:07 AM   #55
robwbright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billylammerkins View Post
Apparently you care enough to post something and waste your own time trying to make me look bad.

When somebody says you're "lucky" when I know I worked my ass off, I tell them otherwise. It's like thanking jesus after a surgery that a surgeon has been working on for 5-10 hours. Its nonsense. If you truly don't care then don't respond to this post.
You apparently haven't seen how many surgeries go bad and how many people doctors kill every year with mistakes - it's in the range of 100k per year (I've done a fair amount of medical malpractice litigation).

If a 5-10 hour surgery comes off without a hitch, you might want to consider thanking Jesus that it did.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:27 AM   #56
nyfries

Drives: 14 FRS Whiteout
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
One of my frd said i should have bought a rsx, a genesis or a 350/370z. i quote him "frs is so slow its not even consider a sport cars, mind as well get a corolla" he has a rsx and a 350z. figures
nyfries is offline   Reply With Quote