follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 04-13-2011, 03:37 PM   #43
Random_Art
professional smartass

Drives: 16 speed mountain bike...
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
All we can do is speculate until we have some hard info to really help us decide on which version we want. Who knows? Toyota may surprise us and give us a truly fun car regardless of how it's badged.

I, for one, don't care whether its Scion or Toyota. I personally hate haggling and any lack of performance options at the dealership will most likely be made up for by the aftermarket. I'm already saving up for the car, regardless. Personally, I would love to boost it with a rotrex unit.

Goodbye Celica, you served me well.

http://artsofrandomness.blogspot.com/
Random_Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:37 PM   #44
harajukukei

Drives: MB c230k
wow, i'm shocked... are they going to change it to FF now too?
harajukukei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:39 PM   #45
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by harajukukei View Post
wow, i'm shocked... are they going to change it to FF now too?

tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:40 PM   #46
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,157 Times in 8,347 Posts
Mentioned: 689 Post(s)
Tagged: 28 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinguy83 View Post
many times actually.... The US got better equipped versions of both the Supra and 300zx than japan. The current crop of japanese cars in the US are definitely equally as good as their JDM counterparts.... It's mostly the european cars that are stupid when they're brought to the United States. Ford of all companies does a terrible job translating their euro models to the US. Look at the focus.... yeesh.
IDK bout 300zx, but Supra? Really? Did I read it correctly? Supra? Which Supra? I know for sure you aren't talking bout MkIV. Cuz US MkIV Supra never came w VVT-i while Japanese ver did. There are several more better features did JP ver did came, but I'll let Supra owner judge on that
Old 04-13-2011, 03:44 PM   #47
Dark
Elite Padawan

Drives: '15 WRX, 15 GLA250, and 2 feet
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
IDK bout 300zx, but Supra? Really? Did I read it correctly? Supra? Which Supra? I know for sure you aren't talking bout MkIV. Cuz US MkIV Supra never came w VVT-i while Japanese ver did. There are several more better features did JP ver did came, but I'll let Supra owner judge on that
That's because of the price. Those companies don't do direct conversion from Yen to USD, but to keep it lower when they bring those cars to the states. You should NOT expect CHEAP cars to have same feature as the expensive ones.

Last edited by Dark; 04-13-2011 at 03:45 PM. Reason: fixes
Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:49 PM   #48
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,157 Times in 8,347 Posts
Mentioned: 689 Post(s)
Tagged: 28 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
That's because of the price. Those companies don't do direct conversion from Yen to USD, but to keep it lower when they bring those cars to the states. You should NOT expect CHEAP cars to have same feature as the expensive ones.
Sorry Dark, you lost me here...
Old 04-13-2011, 03:53 PM   #49
Dragonitti
Banned

Drives: Boosted Scion tC, 350z
Quote:
When did US ver match the JDM ver?

These dudes are retarded. They think Scion is made for 12yr olds, when the freaking mean demographic that buys them is mid 30's.

Dumb down, no options version....wow, really. Tells me these cats have no idea what Scion offers.

Who gives a crap about factory options anyway, it's called Aftermarket. Aftermarket = 3 Billion Times better than any factory option.
Dragonitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:54 PM   #50
Jordo!
Enjoy it, destroy it.

Drives: Datsun Racing Hen
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Hard to tell from that vid, but looks like the Scion version will be red.

Bring it on -- who cares if it gets a Scion badge here? It's the same car either way.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:55 PM   #51
Dark
Elite Padawan

Drives: '15 WRX, 15 GLA250, and 2 feet
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Sorry Dark, you lost me here...
Sorry dude, I didn't mean to say to you, but to the other guy. USDM version is more like a step down from the original JDM and EUDM because of the price differences. Cars sell in the US is cheaper than the direct conversion from Yen to US Dollar, so the features the US got is kinda lower than Japan and Europe got. That's what I mean.
Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:55 PM   #52
Siriusly.Andrew

Drives: 1995 Civic DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Who gives a crap about factory options anyway, it's called Aftermarket. Aftermarket = 3 Billion Times better than any factory option.

^ true, but Aftermarket usually means voided warranty. Not that some people care, like you But I don't have the means to have a brand new car and no warranty. My 1995 civic has a warranty for crying out loud lol
Siriusly.Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:02 PM   #53
Dragonitti
Banned

Drives: Boosted Scion tC, 350z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriusly.Andrew View Post
^ true, but Aftermarket usually means voided warranty. Not that some people care, like you But I don't have the means to have a brand new car and no warranty. My 1995 civic has a warranty for crying out loud lol

No it don't. That's the dealership trying to screw you over. In the "law" it can't be voided unless proven it caused the issue. However, the dealer tries to blame any and everything on something totally unrelated that you done.

Aside from that, I hate the dearlership techs touching my car. This translates to....I can care less about warranty. Cars today are built to last 100k+ miles. So, I enjoy my car now and doing stuff to it now rather than waiting 5yrs till my warranty runs out.

I find it funny how Scion had factory option Superchargers for the tC which by many standards isn't a car some think to put money into making fast. Yet noobs pretend Scion doesn't have any normal factory options being offered for their cars....wow.
Dragonitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #54
Slothman86
86 Enthusiast

Drives: Yaris LB 5MT
Very unfortunate... I hate Scion....really
Slothman86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:04 PM   #55
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
These dudes are retarded. They think Scion is made for 12yr olds, when the freaking mean demographic that buys them is mid 30's.

Dumb down, no options version....wow, really. Tells me these cats have no idea what Scion offers.

Ok if we want to start calling people retarded we can say anyone who wants a Scion branded Hachiroku successor over a Toyota is retarded. I get you put a lot of money into your tC. I get that. I'm sure you think it is really cool and what not, but at the end of the day I don't want to be in a Scion if Toyota won't bring it over as a Toyota. Compare factory installed options of a Scion vs. a Toyota/Honda/VW/Subaru.

I can tell you what Scion offers and it aint all that great. That is what I can tell you.
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:09 PM   #56
blur
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Drives: E36 5.7 V8
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
No point in arguing what's done is done..

At this point however it is safe to assume that the first year models are going to be the funnest, before scion begins to make "alterations" due to the high number of accidents. I guess this isnt going to help insurance rates either, one of the highest rates currently for any car is on the tC, I doubt that this car will make them better.