follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-02-2015, 03:09 PM   #43
uEih

Drives: CBS Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
In NY you don't have a choice, uninsured is automatically part of every policy. That's part of why our insurance is so expensive.

Just yesterday I watched somebody parking by braille destroy the front bumper of a '12 Forester. He backed into it hard three times and after the third time the cover was hanging off to the point where the owner could not have driven away to go home without removing what was left. I took pictures while it was happening of the car hitting it, the plates on the car and the driver. When he saw me he got out and freaked, screaming at me and tried to take my phone. I turned around and walked into the store I work in and called the PD. I uploaded them to photobucket and emailed the link to the guy that owns the car after he got out of work. Hopefully he is able to use them as evidence of what happened.
Wish you were around when it happened to me, would've been very helpful.

The car is in the shop now, I tried to talk to them about the front lip since the insurance person who estimated the costs said he'll replace that but it isn't on the list of items. The body shop told me aftermarket won't be covered which is fine since I never expected it to anyways, just going with the insurance's word who said they'll replace it. However they told me they could fix it and paint it since it wasn't badly damaged so we'll see how that turns out!
uEih is offline   Reply With Quote