follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Old 04-25-2011, 02:50 AM   #43
andygee

Drives: honda
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
oooh..yeah, my bad! i forgot, i thought this thread was about the cars production styling, and what its going to look like. I guess i was wrong? Apparently, talking about how you WANT the car to look, on a forum called "how ugly will toyota make it" is blasphemy to you.

andygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:52 AM   #44
andygee

by the way, i dont wanna be that **** who tries to start a fight online, but im REALLY getting the impression that u keep trollin on me, seeing as though youve been commenting on all my posts with only negative shit to say, being pretty condescending if you ask me.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:53 AM   #45
andygee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4agze View Post
What happen to make it affordable

you should put my quote as your signature

Old 04-25-2011, 03:01 AM   #46
4agze

Drives: Toyota Corolla SR5
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by andygee View Post
you should put my quote as your signature
As long as the VP of scion see it, works for all of us
4agze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:03 AM   #47
andygee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4agze View Post
As long as the VP of scion see it, works for all of us

lol yeah, im almost 100% sure theres somebody checking on what we say. so i figured i might as well lol

Old 04-25-2011, 03:07 AM   #48
OldSkoolToys
Is a Monster

Drives: AE86, MA70
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
by the way, i dont wanna be that **** who tries to start a fight online, but im REALLY getting the impression that u keep trollin on me, seeing as though youve been commenting on all my posts with only negative shit to say, being pretty condescending if you ask me.
Aww, its cool man. Just silly posts are so fun and easy to jump on. I'll tone it down.
OldSkoolToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:12 AM   #49
andygee

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolToys View Post
Aww, its cool man. Just silly posts are so fun and easy to jump on. I'll tone it down.

naah well my posts arent even silly. all of them make sense. like the last one i posted about the 5-axis. that one is definitely true. and i only brought it up because its a thread about the production versions apperance.. idk im just saying, before u troll, u gotta remember to think about what the person said :happy0180:

Old 04-25-2011, 03:16 AM   #50
Allch Chcar

Drives: N/A
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
lol yeah, im almost 100% sure theres somebody checking on what we say. so i figured i might as well lol
I almost 100%(which is 99.99% BTW) something that noone but us reads this forum. When the VP thinks people guessed that the car would be called the SCION FT-86(Future Toyota, based on AE86) you know they weren't looking here.

And talk in pink tones. Much more friendly.

Although completely unreadable ...

I actually like the style in the first post. I'd probably swap the taillights to something else if it was possible.

What were you people expecting? $30k+ style on a $20k's entry level sports car? Don't even bother answering if you were going to say, "for a $30k sports car" .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Daily Driver, occasional weekend drifter.
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:24 AM   #51
andygee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allch Chcar View Post
I almost 100%(which is 99.99% BTW) something that noone but us reads this forum. When the VP thinks people guessed that the car would be called the SCION FT-86(Future Toyota, based on AE86) you know they weren't looking here.

I actually like the style in the first post. I'd probably swap the taillights to something else if it was possible.

What were you people expecting? $30k+ style on a $20k's entry level sports car? Don't even bother answering if you were going to say, "for a $30k sports car" .
lol yeah i know, it sounds like bs, but im almost positive they have soomeeonee looking on threads. thats how ppl get their shit done nowadays, by surveys and forums and stuff...

and the tailights wouldnt look good on the 86. those belong with the Tc lol. i liked all three MKs tailights. hopefully we get something close to them...

and yeah, i already know this cars body is gonna end up looking like a 350z, i just hopee they leave somee of the curves/angles

Old 04-25-2011, 03:25 AM   #52
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allch Chcar View Post

+1 in bold.
They were obviously looking in the Scion Forums. Its a one-sided view. Lol. As long as they target dumb high school drop-outs and wannabe-racer teens, it won't matter as long as they squeeze all of their parents' money and their piggy banks. Lol

Its simple Business Psychology.

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:44 AM   #53
dunnojack

Drives: pinto
can you see the common thing among Scions ?.........

they're all plain and ugly, boxy with boxy bumpers, and literally look like washing machines and other kitchen appliances.

and once you understand and let that simmer in your brain for a bit , you realize it can't be good news for the upcoming rwd coupe, which is supposed to have some family resemblance.

Sure, there will be aftermarket bodykits and bumper replacements which cost $3000, but now you're looking at a $28000 out of pocket cost.
Considering that this performs much worse than a 370Z, ya might as well buy the Z for $30000, which has the power and decent looks straight out of the box.
Attached Images

dunnojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:01 AM   #54
OldSkoolToys
Is a Monster

Drives: AE86, MA70
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnojack View Post

Sure, there will be aftermarket bodykits and bumper replacements which cost $3000, but now you're looking at a $28000 out of pocket cost.
Considering that this performs much worse than a 370Z, ya might as well buy the Z for $30000, which has the power and decent looks straight out of the box.
We don't know how it performs because there's no such production model yet to actually see how it performs.

Also, your definition of perform and others are probably quite different. The FT-86, even with the worst of hopes, will still be ~400lbs lighter than the 370z, with a comparable wheelbase. This car isn't supposed to go toe-to-toe in a straight line race with a 370z, but I betcha it'll hold its own around a track.

HP, weight, standard LSD, and MSRP are all still very speculative, and guesstimations at best. Nothing is official. Hell, even the dimensions are all based on the concepts. The only number of those that'll probably match the production version is the wheelbase.
OldSkoolToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:19 PM   #55
blur
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Drives: E36 5.7 V8
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Honestly, now that I think about it, from a marketing standpoint, there is no reason to put the extra R&D to make this car look worse than it is right now. Not to mention the potential buyers lost.

Oh wait, scion are ugly, so this has to be ugly! scions are also FWD, so this should be FWD too!
Old 04-25-2011, 04:00 PM   #56
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnojack View Post
can you see the common thing among Scions ?.........

they're all plain and ugly, boxy with boxy bumpers, and literally look like washing machines and other kitchen appliances.

and once you understand and let that simmer in your brain for a bit , you realize it can't be good news for the upcoming rwd coupe, which is supposed to have some family resemblance.

There actually no proof to say that the concept will change into a boxy design. There is however past history which supports that the production car will look very close to the concept (other than the clearly overdone parts) as in the past Toyota concepts have pretty much stayed the same into production (SA-X/Mr2 and XYR/Mk7 Celica)

http://www.supercars.net/Pics?v=y&s=...YRConcept1.jpg

Also so far it seems like you are here purely to bash a car that doesnt exisit yet with speculation. Agurements like this car performs worse than a 370z when you dont know a damn offical spec about the car as well as perform worse in comparsion to what? 1/4? 0-60? Best bang for buck? If all rumours are true about the weight and the engine is excited to be modded I can easily use the 10K I would save buying a 370z and make the ft86 a faster car tho again this is speculation however at least I do know buying a FT86 over a 370z gives me some modding money to play with
Mr.Jay is offline   Reply With Quote