follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 09-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #505
enzeruvs
The guy with the hair

Drives: 2013 FR-S (AT) - aka: Quicksilver
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I got pulled over two days ago, and the cop asked for my license and registration. Since I still haven't received my tags or plates yet, I handed the officer my license and let him know that my reg was stuck to the windshield, still. Then he stepped back and said "oh, wait... FR-S?" to which I replied "Yes, sir". Then he said "Sweeeeeet" and went on talk about how he had done a butt ton of research and was thinking about getting one too.

After about 5-7 minutes, I tempted fate and asked "so... was I speeding or something?" and he said "Technically, yes. But I was more interested in what your experience with the car was". o.O

After a few more questions, and a namedrop for my dealer in SD, he let me go on my merry way with a simple "alright, sir - have a good one!". No ticket. Not even a verbal warning to slow down.

Felt like I dodged a bullet. :X

Speed means nothing without control.
enzeruvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #506
Re~Mix

Drives: 13' Scion FRS MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Best part is when any car passes and someone else's gf in the passenger seat looks longingly at my car.

Received many thumbs up.
Re~Mix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #507
bigbroimc

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Over the last couple of days I got a thumbs up from a guy in a BMW M3, big Ford trucks, and a really cool guy in a jacked up FJ.

Another fun one I had is I was driving and a girl in a Scion TC was driving the other way and once she say my car her jaw dropped. Me and my friends just laughed and one said "maybe she should have waited before she bought the TC".

Same thing happened at a Jack in the Box. A girl was on the phone and once she saw the car she stopped talking and just stared at the car.

It is always cool to see peoples faces when they see the FR-S.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
bigbroimc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #508
jesseps

Drives: Scion FR-S
Garage
I was driving in a parking lot and this little kid saw me and pointed "Mommy there is Batman and the mother like that isn't Batman"

That gave me a good laugh.
jesseps is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jesseps For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (07-19-2013), ftc~brz (10-02-2012), kappaknight (10-14-2012)
Old 09-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #509
Coaster

Drives: Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRiSson View Post
Ok, you have a choice. Stand proud and help build Scion's reputation, or hide behind a fake badge.
Scion builds its rep not the consumers. If they make high quality vehicles then eventually it get there. However now it looks like its sinking.

The FRS is great though.
Coaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:59 PM   #510
FRiSson

Drives: FR-S MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
Scion builds its rep not the consumers. If they make high quality vehicles then eventually it get there. However now it looks like its sinking.

The FRS is great though.
Consumers build the reputation of a company, not the company itself. A company only provides goods and services. A company can supports its reputation by providing good products and service or cause its reputation to be ruined by not providing what is expected. Without the public's support a company has nothing. Honda, a small unknown car company in the US, had its reputation built from scratch by a grassroots fan base that recognized and spread the word about its superb small cars. Word-of-mouth is 100 times more powerful than advertising.
FRiSson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRiSson For This Useful Post:
Tim_Asphalt_FRS (09-27-2012)
Old 09-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #511
E_br4ke

Drives: FRS 6MT
Garage
Was test driving the FRS and a guy in a Mazda 3 slowed down rolled down his window and gave me the thumbs up.

I already knew I was buying it thought but respect from other driver is cool. Not sure if it was a speed3)

On my way to work yesterday a guy in a Sienna was following me. His wife was talking to him but his eyes were on my FRS. Poor fella.
E_br4ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #512
jmaryt
Banned

Drives: 2012 honda civic ex
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Consumers build the reputation of a company, not the company itself. A company only provides goods and services. A company can supports its reputation by providing good products and service or cause its reputation to be ruined by not providing what is expected. Without the public's support a company has nothing. Honda, a small unknown car company in the US, had its reputation built from scratch by a grassroots fan base that recognized and spread the word about its superb small cars. Word-of-mouth is 100 times more powerful than advertising.
they sent the first one here in i believe '72 and it was the honda 600 coupe!
basically a "piece of shit" ,but they LEARNED,and the '"next" boat load was sent in '73,and was the civic!..the rest,as they say is history!
it's not unusual for this vehicle to last 300,000 to 500,000 miles this is FACT,not fiction! i would say over almost 40 years,they have learned
very well indeed!

Last edited by jmaryt; 09-13-2012 at 06:45 PM.
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #513
SuperDave

Drives: DAT Rally Blue BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
exactly so you can blame all the douche scion owners who made the rep look bad, and the toyota marketing department that thought,

"hey, you know how we can sell toyotas to teenagers? rename our cars something stupid/fake name like 'scion' and don't let them negotiate the price, and we'll be golden!"

i think i'm more irritated/insulted that people would be attracted to a car because of the fake name branding. if it's a toyota, call it a toyota. don't change the name for the US market just because you don't think we're intelligent enough to make a decision on the car based on its own merits.
SuperDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:14 PM   #514
jmaryt
Banned

somehow,not sure WHY i think this,but "toyota"
just doesn't light my fire when talking sports car!
anything ,BUT "toyota" would be better in MY view!
just sayin'
Old 09-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #515
jarviz

Drives: Raven FRS MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Had my FRS parked down the block from my house and I saw some young kid looking and walking around it. He stood there for a few minutes looking suspicious and he starts setting up some instrumentation in front of the car and I was like wwwwtf is going on here.

I didn't have my glasses so I had to squint even harder and finally made out that he was taking pictures of my car on a tripod. I was like wow Maybe I should have offered him a ride for making our cars feel that awesome.
jarviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #516
FRiSson

Drives: FR-S MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
exactly so you can blame all the douche scion owners who made the rep look bad, and the toyota marketing department that thought,

"hey, you know how we can sell toyotas to teenagers? rename our cars something stupid/fake name like 'scion' and don't let them negotiate the price, and we'll be golden!"

i think i'm more irritated/insulted that people would be attracted to a car because of the fake name branding. if it's a toyota, call it a toyota. don't change the name for the US market just because you don't think we're intelligent enough to make a decision on the car based on its own merits.
Aren't a lot of car names fake? Lincoln, SRT, Plymouth, Reliant etc...
Scion is an actual word meaning "a descendent" which makes sense given its relationship with Toyota. The price negotiation is not so bad, at least you don't have to deal with a-hole salespeople playing games. I was going to throw up on the next sales manager I had to meet and greet. They all remind me of executives from Bain and Company.
FRiSson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:05 PM   #517
jmaryt
Banned

he! he! he! bunch of "shameless hustlers"
Old 09-13-2012, 11:03 PM   #518
artizhay

Drives: Scion FR-S Firestorm MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to artizhay Send a message via MSN to artizhay Send a message via Yahoo to artizhay
Got a headnod from a construction worker but I was too busy trying not to stall my car in first gear to worry about that lol. Guy doing yardwork in a culdesac spun in place to watch as I went around the turn.

And some guy's girlfriend kept looking over since I was stopped next to him at a light. Needless to say, he had to compensate by speeding off once the light was green. My car's only around 200 miles so I couldn't do anything drastic.
artizhay is offline   Reply With Quote