follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 02-15-2012, 11:38 PM   #463
Capt Canuck

Drives: BMW E36 323is
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccin View Post
No. I was all in 1 conversation. He tried to console me by saying.. "I can still give you a deal though!"

He repeated that he could still get our group a "deal" if we were to buy any other subaru vehicles aside from the BRZ. Next year will be a different story though.

And I'm not getting all riled up. I was already frustrated that the group deal shot down. The POSSIBILITY that he lied to me is getting me very mad.

Did that clear up your view of how I'm taking this situation and other possible confusion? :P
Sure absolutely
I can appreciate your frustration with any unprofessional service you have received, especially after all of the legwork! Hopefully there are some positives to be taken from it still... if the biggest of them all (getting the car) has slipped away.

I just find the hyberbolic and vitriolic posts in this thread tiresome... so yes I won't visit it anymore.
Capt Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:56 PM   #464
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zgrinch View Post
That's some good news. Guess the way to go is the VIP program now. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzformer View Post
http://www.puentehillssubaru.com/dealership/staff.htm

I would have gone with Ali or Gordon.
Is it because Ali has a white beard and Gordon is Asian? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi2u View Post
Good stuff! Nice to see some info that looks concrete and makes more sense.
Yep. Reading Grinch's post.. 25k-30k. Boooo. BOOO. lol

Quote:
Yea..it just too bad your guys deal got hammered. I wouldn't send my enemies to buy a car from Frank the scank.
Well bad reputation is bad reputation. :l

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:36 AM   #465
MF_DEUCE
Adventure Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I think this 2car per dealer thing is a slap to the face if it turns out to be true. But lets hope Frank is just a tool and lied to us.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:28 AM   #466
Shinobi2u

Drives: '13 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Yep. Reading Grinch's post.. 25k-30k. Boooo. BOOO. lol
Hahaha, that is true. If the car hits 30k, that thing better be ultra pimped out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MF_DEUCE View Post
I think this 2car per dealer thing is a slap to the face if it turns out to be true. But lets hope Frank is just a tool and lied to us.
15+ people want your car! How hard would it be to figure out which dealers aren't getting any interest for the BRZ at their location and move them to a location where you know they will sell? It really is a slap in the face if it is true.
Shinobi2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #467
wu_dot_com

Drives: accord
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
okay guys, I have called Nick, Franks manager at Subaru PH for some clarification.

1. the GB is not dead. Subaru does not reject the idea of the GB.
2. Subaru PH have stop taking further deposits because they have a concern that Subaru of PH will not be able to meet the initial delivery demand of the GB. i.e. they do not want every buyer who put down a deposit to expect Subaru of PH is able to have their BRZ available at the moment of initial release.
3. Subaru of PH does not reject the idea of further increasing the GB list. They want to be the leading BRZ dealership in the LA region.
4. Subaru of PH would like to freeze the price negotiation at the current moment until the official MSRP announcement by SOA. their reason was due to the fact that SOA may impose a price restriction on how much each dealership can sell the car upon initial release. we may restart the price negotiation once the official pricing information confirm in mid March.
5. Subaru PH will start taking deposit on the GB once the official pricing is release so they may start placing their demand order into the SOA system.

I personally don’t think we should penalize Subaru of PH to take on the initiative for capitalizing the BRZ initial sales. I also think we should give credit for Subaru of PH for assuming the risk of taking on initial deposits and engage in price negotiation prior to official pricing information. So far, most of the dealerships around LA are both unwilling to take any deposits, and they are uncooperative at the initiating a price negotiating dialog.

I think we should allow Subaru of PH to reserve the rights to repace the group buy so we may move forward on more solid grounds.

They as a dealership need to both please the SOA corporate as well as the customer. So our going forward negotiation strategies should be rising our unify concerns with SOA and demand a top down change to Subaru of PH.

Also, it is imperative for every member to continue their participation in this group buy, because we united together under a common cause is a very powerful voice that cannot be ignore. Only through joining together we have the power to leverage the negotiation.
wu_dot_com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #468
Zgrinch

Drives: 2013 Limited DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
That's some good news. Guess the way to go is the VIP program now. Lol.
Looks like that avenue is dead.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...&postcount=160

BRZGrincherhood
Zgrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:38 PM   #469
rosuhere

Drives: BRZ
cliffnote: just wait, time will tell...

rosuhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:42 PM   #470
Zgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_dot_com View Post
4. Subaru of PH would like to freeze the price negotiation at the current moment until the official MSRP announcement by SOA. their reason was due to the fact that SOA may impose a price restriction on how much each dealership can sell the car upon initial release. we may restart the price negotiation once the official pricing information confirm in mid March.
Meaning SOA might require all dealers to charge MSRP ? Not invoice +$

BRZGrincherhood
Old 02-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #471
wu_dot_com

Quote:
that correct. IMO considering the fact that most dealerships is going to sell them above MSRP, if the GB is aim at MSRP plus goodies to offset the cost wont be too bad.

perhaps we can even negotiate a OTD price rather than price plus tax and license.

there are more than one way to skin a cat. we just have to be patiently and make a better decision when more information is available.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #472
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Quote:
Sounds like an interesting change of direction from the dealer. I guess the manager realized how bad Frank made them all look. Hopefully frank gets put out on his ass.

I can't see SoA limiting sales price. This is a free market, if one dealer wants to beat others by selling cheaper why should Subaru care?
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #473
wu_dot_com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Sounds like an interesting change of direction from the dealer. I guess the manager realized how bad Frank made them all look. Hopefully frank gets put out on his ass.

I can't see SoA limiting sales price. This is a free market, if one dealer wants to beat others by selling cheaper why should Subaru care?
perhaps they want to price fix the product to artificially drive the perceive exclusiveness of this car high. or perhaps its done to protect other dealership around the southland region to ensure their business is not threaten with Subaru PH's artificially low price with this vehicle launch.

Irregardless of what may or may not happened. I suggest we wait until the official price is announce. Then we can confirm independently with SOA with regards to the minimum priceing floor for the BRZ. Once we have all the facts in our hand, we will be in a better position to negotiate for a better deal.
Considering the fact that VIP program route is shot, we need to focus our energy on the final negotiation.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #474
Zgrinch

Quote:

I agree with both points.

BRZGrincherhood
Old 02-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #475
86design
Attack By Demons

Drives: 2022 BRZ (pre ordered)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Calling Frank probably won't help. Subaru isn't responsible for him being a d-bag, he is. This whole blow up is his own fault for over promising and then when he realized his mistake and woke up he made the worst decision possible - he lied. If he would have been honest about it, and just reduced the GB to a level they would accept (ie, some GB sales, and sell the others to walk-ins) then it would have sucked but nobody would be against him. Lying made it worse.

I know if I lived over there I would boycott their dealership (and any others in their chain) for good.
I agree that dirty whore (frank) didnt want to respond back to any of my message's...and most of the time he was telling other reps that he was gone for the day...but I caught him...I lied asking for frank about buying a STI and he answered right away!!!

but oooohh welll life goes on..and I'm going some where else lol:happy0180:
Old 02-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #476
rosuhere

Drives: BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86design View Post
I lied asking for frank about buying a STI and he answered right away!!!
rofl !!

rosuhere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brz, california, group buy, socal, southern