follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 07-28-2018, 01:35 AM   #449
jerryzilla

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Series.Hyperblue
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryzilla View Post
WRB BRZ Totaled

Hikari coming soon

mmmm
jerryzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jerryzilla For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (08-01-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 08:48 AM   #450
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:

mmmm
I will watch for you.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:39 PM   #451
Tcoat

Hey @STI-ish I drove beside you going over the 401 on Wellington Rd yesterday evening. Was in the wife's Impreza so didn't wave since people then tend to think I am just some weird old guy.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:54 PM   #452
STI-ish

Drives: 13 BRZ Sport Tech Turbo
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Ah! You should have waved!! I totally wouldn’t have thought you were a weird old guy lol ✌��
Sometimes I get excited that people wave and I give a super dorky wave back ����*♀️ Dont judge if I do ��
STI-ish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to STI-ish For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (09-01-2018)
Old 09-01-2018, 10:58 PM   #453
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by STI-ish View Post
Ah! You should have waved!! I totally wouldn’t have thought you were a weird old guy lol ✌��
Sometimes I get excited that people wave and I give a super dorky wave back ����*♀️ Dont judge if I do ��
Would wave for sure if in my car but when driving something else it doesn't feel right.
STI-ish (09-08-2018)
Old 09-08-2018, 01:50 PM   #454
mnuttall

Drives: 2013 Audi Allroad, 2017 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Anyone heading out to Cars and Coffee at RSP Motorsports tomorrow? Thinking I may go.
mnuttall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 05:22 PM   #455
STI-ish

Drives: 13 BRZ Sport Tech Turbo
I’m planning to be there as long as the weather holds out!!
STI-ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 02:28 AM   #456
jerryzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnuttall View Post
Anyone heading out to Cars and Coffee at RSP Motorsports tomorrow? Thinking I may go.
i'll be there after working 7pm to 7am tonight.
a whole bunch of us are meeting at the tim horton's on oxford and wonderland at 8am. I believe it's five or six 86s
Old 03-04-2019, 09:51 PM   #457
toyotastic
Product Advisor at TTown

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86 Special Edition
Rear ended

So this happened this morning..
I was stopped at a red light for about 10 seconds waiting for the light to change. Then suddenly this F150 came out of no where and rear ended me directly at about 70km(according to an officer). The impact was significant enough that it pushed me across the intersection.

He claims he didn't see me but a normal person would still start to slow down when approaching a red light, not sure whether he was on the phone, distracted or whatever reasons. The glass shattered upon impact, rear completely destroyed, looks like the trunk is push in all the way to the rear seats. But airbags did not deploy. Anyway, glad that I'm alive! I have a footage from my dashcam, but haven't figured out how to upload it on here.

So is this fixable or will it most likely be a total loss?

Guess none of the pictures attached properly, heres the google drive link.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-v...t_sqk-T4RfavDm

Last edited by toyotastic; 03-04-2019 at 10:16 PM.
toyotastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:16 AM   #458
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotastic View Post
I was stopped at a red light for about 10 seconds waiting for the light to change. Then suddenly this F150 came out of no where and rear ended me directly at about 70km(according to an officer). The impact was significant enough that it pushed me across the intersection.

He claims he didn't see me but a normal person would still start to slow down when approaching a red light, not sure whether he was on the phone, distracted or whatever reasons. The glass shattered upon impact, rear completely destroyed, looks like the trunk is push in all the way to the rear seats. But airbags did not deploy. Anyway, glad that I'm alive! I have a footage from my dashcam, but haven't figured out how to upload it on here.

Well that sucks!
Old 03-06-2019, 02:16 AM   #459
jerryzilla

Quote:

Just outside my little subdivision.. surprised i haven't seen you around before. Special edition too
f-150 was definitely on his/her phone, that was a VERY hard hit. Hope you're feeling okay, sore at all?
I'm 99% sure the the car's totaled, I'm sorry
Old 03-06-2019, 02:18 AM   #460
jerryzilla

Old 03-06-2019, 10:04 AM   #461
Lynxis

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:

Quote:
Just outside my little subdivision.. surprised i haven't seen you around before. Special edition too
f-150 was definitely on his/her phone, that was a VERY hard hit. Hope you're feeling okay, sore at all?
I'm 99% sure the the car's totaled, I'm sorry
It's hard to say. Because your car is pretty new, I think it has a good chance to be fixed because the value of the car will remain high. Total loss is determined by the cost of repairs against the perceived value of the car so there would have to be significant invisible damage to be total loss I think. Regarding airbags, they do not normally deploy in a rear end hit so this is also to your benefit in getting the car fixed as opposed to totaled. Also, were you able to drive your vehicle after the hit? Did it drive OK? This is also a factor.

I accidentally backed into a concrete barrier really hard a few months ago when I passed out while reversing. While the extent of the damage to my car wasn't as severe, it looks like the same basic things got hit. In my case, it was *just* hard enough to jack up my bumper, trunk lid, passenger side quarter panel, exhaust to the point that they all had to be completely replaced and there was also did some minor unibody damage too. Quote was 12k and it was fixed. You lost your rear glass but it looks like your exhaust is still fine so that is mostly a trade in value I think. I imagine yours will be pretty close to mine in cost to repair unless there is significant invisible damage.
Lynxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:45 AM   #462
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxis View Post
It's hard to say. Because your car is pretty new, I think it has a good chance to be fixed because the value of the car will remain high. Total loss is determined by the cost of repairs against the perceived value of the car so there would have to be significant invisible damage to be total loss I think. Regarding airbags, they do not normally deploy in a rear end hit so this is also to your benefit in getting the car fixed as opposed to totaled. Also, were you able to drive your vehicle after the hit? Did it drive OK? This is also a factor.

I accidentally backed into a concrete barrier really hard a few months ago when I passed out while reversing. While the extent of the damage to my car wasn't as severe, it looks like the same basic things got hit. In my case, it was *just* hard enough to jack up my bumper, trunk lid, passenger side quarter panel, exhaust to the point that they all had to be completely replaced and there was also did some minor unibody damage too. Quote was 12k and it was fixed. You lost your rear glass but it looks like your exhaust is still fine so that is mostly a trade in value I think. I imagine yours will be pretty close to mine in cost to repair unless there is significant invisible damage.
I would not be at all surprised to find that one will be totaled. Not because of the cosmetic damage to the panels but due to the fact that his crash bar is pushed forward about a foot. That has to have caused some considerable underbody warping. They can work miracles with the straightening machine but that could be more than will be worth fixing.
Lynxis (03-07-2019)