follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 05-02-2013, 01:08 PM   #435
ramiram1984

Drives: 2016 STi DGM
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Gents welcome.

I don't think I ever intro'd myself either. I am Sam from CA, living in Tacoma, WA. I own a 2013 Dark Gray BRZ. I ordered it back in December 2012 and received it on March 15th, 2013. So far, I love it.
Have done the following to my car:

Takeda CAI; Tamioka Racing Lightweight Crank, Water Pump, Alt Pulley; Perrin Resonated Cat-Back; Carbon 35% Window tint, 3M Clear Bra on front bumper, midway-hood, mid-way fenders, mirrors.

Not yet installed:

Perrin Front Pipe (purchasing directly from Perrin in OR on 3 May); Perrin Over Pipe (purchasing directly from Perrin in OR on 3 May), Rev Works UEL Headers (ordered).

Last edited by ramiram1984; 05-02-2013 at 01:23 PM.
ramiram1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #436
jacktman

Drives: BRZ in WR Blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I just got a WR Blue BRZ last week. I'm 65 years old, and this car is my and my wife's 12th Subaru! I had a WRX a few years ago, but I got tired of shifting. My new BRZ is an auto, and it's fun anyway. The dealers on Long Island are not jacking up their price as others have reported about their dealers.
jacktman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #437
BlueSTaR

Drives: 13 BRZ Limited & 16 Hyperblue
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Proud new owner here
BlueSTaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:28 AM   #438
minxhyo

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Cool New!!

Hello!
I've been on this forum a couple of times just to look but finally decided to join. I got my brz back in august? I was one of the first ones to get it in my area!

OH! And if anyone could give me some insight on intakes and tinting! I'm finally going to spoil my car.. haha.
I read that there are many types of tinting? What kind should I get?
As for air intakes..should I get one? Is it worth it?..because I heard that the drop in works just as well but I find it hard to believe that a filter can give me what an intake can? Idk I'm a beginner with cars but trying to learn!
minxhyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #439
spesholized

Drives: BRZ Limited MT
Hi

Hi everyone.

Been lurking here for few months now. Finally decided to join.

Got my Lightning Red BRZ Limited Manual last month .
400 miles of break-in left!
spesholized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #440
MarcL

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited (SWP)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Greetings!

I just purchased a new BRZ Limited (SWP) two weeks ago for my new weekend car (I'm in the mid-life crisis demographic). What a fantastic ride. Most fun I've had driving since my 1992 Miata.

I look forward to being part of the BRZ community.

Cheers,
Marc

Denver, CO
MarcL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:55 AM   #441
pc5

Drives: Subaru BRZ
New Here

Hi all

Just got my BRZ and must say I'm enjoying it.

Gerhard
South Africa
pc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:48 AM   #442
Ganthrithor

Drives: '13 BRZ, '06 997, Other Things(TM)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcL View Post
I just purchased a new BRZ Limited (SWP) two weeks ago for my new weekend car (I'm in the mid-life crisis demographic). What a fantastic ride. Most fun I've had driving since my 1992 Miata.

I look forward to being part of the BRZ community.

Cheers,
Marc

Denver, CO
Yay! More Denver BRZs! I met another WRB owner a few days back and yesterday I saw a dark grey limited cruising down Evans ave. More are cropping up! Congrats on the new vehicle.
Ganthrithor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #443
MarcL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganthrithor View Post
Yay! More Denver BRZs! I met another WRB owner a few days back and yesterday I saw a dark grey limited cruising down Evans ave. More are cropping up! Congrats on the new vehicle.
Thanks. I'll look for you on the road. I live near DTC.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #444
Ganthrithor

Quote:
Thanks. I'll look for you on the road. I live near DTC.
Same-- I don't do much driving in the city though. I live up near DU and am in walking distance of almost everything I need on a daily basis, so I usually only drive the car for fun, which means getting out of the city as fast as possible :3

There are so many good roads to drive up in the foothills though now that it's warm! It's a good place to have a BRZ.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #445
MarcL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganthrithor View Post
Same-- I don't do much driving in the city though. I live up near DU and am in walking distance of almost everything I need on a daily basis, so I usually only drive the car for fun, which means getting out of the city as fast as possible :3

There are so many good roads to drive up in the foothills though now that it's warm! It's a good place to have a BRZ.
Roger that. Just took a lunch break today via Lookout Mountain. Lots of fun, even with the cyclists. Looking forward to doing the Peak to Peak soon.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:12 PM   #446
Ganthrithor

Quote:
Roger that. Just took a lunch break today via Lookout Mountain. Lots of fun, even with the cyclists. Looking forward to doing the Peak to Peak soon.
I did the Peak to Peak starting from 74 in Morrison-- it's a nice drive, but much more of a cruise than a technical road. It's one of those roads that big / populated enough that I didn't really feel like speeding too egregiously, which is kind of unfortunate because the speed limits are very low for the driving conditions (lots of 45/55 limits where doing at least 70 wouldn't feel out of place).

If you're still on break-in though, it does make for a really relaxed break-in cruise, and the scenery is very nice.

I'm thinking about driving back roads down to Pikes Peak in the near future to see if my BRZ can make it to the top without me pushing :P It's difficult to decide on somewhere to go though with so many nice roads around! I feel like I need to get some rally armor flaps for my car though, with the number of unsealed / unimproved roads around.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:55 AM   #447
Jimp
No longer a lurker

Drives: 2013 6MT SWP BRZ LTD
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hey everyone! Long time lurker here. I have sat here and read hundreds of threads over the past few months and now that I will finally be purchasing my new BRZ this week I figured I should break my posting virginity...

I have decided to go with the WRB limited over the pearl white limited and it will only cost me about $27,100. I already have plans for different modds and such eventually but is there anything that you guys suggest doing right off the bat? I.E. setting the rev warning to 3500 or something for the break in period. Or any cheap mods that most people end up doing for convenience or safety (bumper appliques and such).

Ben from Cleveland
Jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:00 AM   #448
Ganthrithor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimp View Post
Hey everyone! Long time lurker here. I have sat here and read hundreds of threads over the past few months and now that I will finally be purchasing my new BRZ this week I figured I should break my posting virginity...

I have decided to go with the WRB limited over the pearl white limited and it will only cost me about $27,100. I already have plans for different modds and such eventually but is there anything that you guys suggest doing right off the bat? I.E. setting the rev warning to 3500 or something for the break in period. Or any cheap mods that most people end up doing for convenience or safety (bumper appliques and such).

Ben from Cleveland
Put together an assortment of routes that will make your break-in balls feel less blue. Pop open google maps, locate back roads, go exploring-- it will be better for satisfying break-in requirements (you'll have to row the gearbox), better for your sanity, and you'll get a better feel for your car to boot.