follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
BT, dpfarr

Old 02-09-2022, 03:08 PM   #4425
B T

Drives: 15 BRZ, 2003 MR2, '70 Elky, 06 TBSS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Being as we're getting close to this group buy, I finally went in and submitted for quotes from the previous company I used. I knew things would go up but it's gone up a hell of a lot! getting quotes from other CNC companies to keep it at the $110 I initially promised, but there's a chance it may have to bump up another $20 to cover everything. I've got 7 different companies now quoting, so I'll keep you guys updated.
B T is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B T For This Useful Post:
aKaGorganZola (02-10-2022), Auto_egr (02-09-2022)
Old 02-15-2022, 09:01 AM   #4426
B T

Drives: 15 BRZ, 2003 MR2, '70 Elky, 06 TBSS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
I was able to source a cheaper machine shop while still providing the same billet 6061 aluminum with black anodize coating. Thankfully I'll be able to stick to the original price. I ordered a few extras to bring the price to where I thought it would be originally.
B T is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to B T For This Useful Post:
aKaGorganZola (02-16-2022), Auto_egr (02-21-2022), BAT_BRZ (02-18-2022), Colin86 (02-17-2022)
Old 02-21-2022, 07:49 PM   #4427
Brewster

Drives: 13 FRS AT, Edelbrock SC, Tomei EL
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Hi
Re: lower bumper cover replacement, which is referred to as a splashguard, step 163
163. Reinstall the front fascia and the splash guards using
the factory hardware.

Cheers !
Brewster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brewster For This Useful Post:
FrickingReallySlow (02-22-2022)
Old 02-22-2022, 06:39 PM   #4428
ABQautoxer

Drives: 2021 Supra / 2022 Tundra
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I've been following along here for awhile but I finally picked up another twin and ordered my SC from CSG last night.
BrahmaBull1990 (02-22-2022), CSG Mike (02-22-2022)
Old 02-22-2022, 10:26 PM   #4429
BrahmaBull1990
Howdy

Drives: 2020 BRZ PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQautoxer View Post
I've been following along here for awhile but I finally picked up another twin and ordered my SC from CSG last night.
Nice! Keep us updated!
There's a point at 7,000 RPM... where everything fades. The machine becomes weightless. Just disappears. And all that's left is a body moving through space and time. 7,000 RPM. That's where you meet it. You feel it coming. It creeps up on you, close in your ear. Asks you a question. The only question that matters. Who are you?
BrahmaBull1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 09:53 PM   #4430
DrB

Drives: Pearl White 2018 BRZ TS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyFunk View Post
Put me down as #1 owner already hehe! I'd love for CSG to take a look at my car sometime and let me know your thoughts. I work in OC. I'm relatively new to the enthusiast scene (late bloomer? LOL) so my automobile terminology is no where near on par with many of you but I'm always willing to learn new things esp about my FRS! Although I have gone FI before with my Honda Fit which I happen to be the first consumer also on the AT with the Sprintex SC. Sadly they had piggyback issues and got tired of trying to fix the problem and I returned the Sprintex while still in warranty. It was totally fun while it lasted. Didn't think I'd go the PD route again but here I am once more. This time I think with a proven piggyback with ECUtek, i will have less to worry about.

Got a chance to stretch her legs a little on the way home and theres no better feeling than having that instant torque ready at your disposal. Theres definitely no whooning sound like the Sprintex but I got over that super fast just with the pull it gives you.

I am really hoping to try the JR SC (CARB) on the AT just to compare the feel.

I knew I made the right choice though with Edelbrock as I know my driving habits and don't usually drive in the high RPMs anyways. On top of that I have no plans on tracking my car.

This is the way the car should have been out from the factory.
I'm 58 and rally new to the scene
Got 2018 BRZ TS in April 2018
Tomei UEL in 2019
E85 ad flex fuel kit 2020
Two weeks ago Edelbrock SC and Borla Axle back exhaust (touring)
AND A FEW OTHER SMAL MODS ALONG THE WAY
300 whp and it is the perfect ride
Wow!
DrB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrB For This Useful Post:
B T (02-25-2022), BrahmaBull1990 (02-28-2022)
Old 02-25-2022, 06:29 PM   #4431
Blanco#17

Drives: GT86 Blanco Ed #17
I finally got run to installing the Radium Catch Can on the PCV side, I also installed the PCV delete.
http://www.radiumauto.com/10AN-PCV-V...u-FA-P972.aspx
Seems it was a big mistake!
Started the car to check for leaks, I couldn't see any so I drove the car out of the garage and onto the road outside. The car started producing alot of white smoke out of the exhaust, i.e. burning oil! Turned the car off. Checked the dip stick EMPTY! checked the dip stick on the catch can FULL!
Car ran for 5mins maybe 10mins top. and with that PCV delete it filled the catch can and then guess started putting the rest through the engine.

Any one else running the PCV delete part with the radium catch can?

Worse part is I also dropped the original PCV taking it out. The reason I drove car out of the garage was so i could jack her up to try and recover it.
Blanco#17 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blanco#17 For This Useful Post:
Auto_egr (02-25-2022)
Old 02-25-2022, 07:54 PM   #4432
Auto_egr

Drives: 2017 CWP BRZ w/PP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco#17 View Post
I finally got run to installing the Radium Catch Can on the PCV side, I also installed the PCV delete.
Started the car to check for leaks, I couldn't see any so I drove the car out of the garage and onto the road outside. The car started producing alot of white smoke out of the exhaust, i.e. burning oil! Turned the car off. Checked the dip stick EMPTY! checked the dip stick on the catch can FULL!
Car ran for 5mins maybe 10mins top. and with that PCV delete it filled the catch can and then guess started putting the rest through the engine.

Worse part is I also dropped the original PCV taking it out. The reason I drove car out of the garage was so i could jack her up to try and recover it.

Why did you delete the PCV valve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Auto_egr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 10:11 AM   #4433
Muskoka800

Drives: 2016 Scion FRS Release Series 2#439
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco#17 View Post

When doing the S/C and Radium catch-can install I took the opportunity to replace the stock PCV. Glad I did as the original was fouled with the ball valve inside hardly moving. The OEM replacement was not expensive at my local dealer. Later I used brake clean to flush the original PCV which did rehabilitate it for the good used parts bin. In hindsight I could have saved the minor expense by just cleanung and re-installing the original.
Muskoka800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 04:01 PM   #4434
BrahmaBull1990
Howdy

Drives: 2020 BRZ PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto_egr View Post
Why did you delete the PCV valve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This…I have the radium catch-can on my car with the stock PCV valve and it’s fine. A small amount of oil in the catch-can over like 6k miles; it barely registers on the dipstick.

Why would you delete the PCV valve? I’ve heard of upgrading to the STI one, but not deleting it entirely.
There's a point at 7,000 RPM... where everything fades. The machine becomes weightless. Just disappears. And all that's left is a body moving through space and time. 7,000 RPM. That's where you meet it. You feel it coming. It creeps up on you, close in your ear. Asks you a question. The only question that matters. Who are you?
BrahmaBull1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 04:50 PM   #4435
Blanco#17

Drives: GT86 Blanco Ed #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrahmaBull1990 View Post
This…I have the radium catch-can on my car with the stock PCV valve and it’s fine. A small amount of oil in the catch-can over like 6k miles; it barely registers on the dipstick.

Why would you delete the PCV valve? I’ve heard of upgrading to the STI one, but not deleting it entirely.
Good Question, I guess I just assumed it, was the thing to do, as radium sold the delete tube. I.e. when I went to the website to buy the can it recommended the delete which was GT86/BRZ specific.

Engine had burned 2 litres of oil minus what was in the Catch can. Got a new PCV on order but its a week for delivery.
Blanco#17 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blanco#17 For This Useful Post:
BrahmaBull1990 (02-26-2022)
Old 02-26-2022, 06:51 PM   #4436
jono.brz

Drives: 2012 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Not sure if this is the right post to ask the question... feel free to redirect me if it isn't.
I own a 2012 BRZ and planning to get the edelbrock supercharger soon. The car has 130k km on it, and it's mostly stock apart from a tomei UEL header and HKS Spec L catback. I am planning to mostly daily drive the car and maybe track once or twice a yera at most. My questions are:

1. With 130k km on it, is it still a good idea to FI the car?

2. What sort of wheel/tyre set up would I need to get somewhat reliable traction? I am a sucker for grip and from posts and videos, it seems like people are spinning crazy at 1st, 2nd or even 3rd gear. (I am not going after crazy power, just with a tune and the header and catback, probably expecting anywhere between 250-300 whp?)

3. Any other supporting mods would you guys recommend? (Planning to at least upgrade radiator, oil cooler, fuel pump, baffled sump, rotors & pads)
jono.brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 02:56 AM   #4437
se7en_force

Drives: BRZ 2013
recs on where to buy/finance edelbrock sc?

hi all, finally getting around to figuring this out and glad I found this thread.. if I'm in the wrong place please lmk. I'm seeing a good deal of online shops selling the edelbrock. anyone recommend a site in particular and the best way to finance one? i don't really want to pony up the money all at once if I can help it.
thx!
se7en_force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 11:50 PM   #4438
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,181 Times in 6,837 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en_force View Post
hi all, finally getting around to figuring this out and glad I found this thread.. if I'm in the wrong place please lmk. I'm seeing a good deal of online shops selling the edelbrock. anyone recommend a site in particular and the best way to finance one? i don't really want to pony up the money all at once if I can help it.
thx!
https://www.counterspacegarage.com/e...t-1556-brz-frs

While I don't recommend modding with debt, maybe a new credit card with an introductory 0%? Make sure to pay it off before the intro rate expires.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
dpfarr (03-01-2022)