follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 04-12-2014, 09:38 PM   #4229
Robftss

Drives: VW
Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac View Post
Question for existing owners. Whats the best way to get the wiring harness/foot switch into the drivers side footwell?
Hey Jac,

Bring wiring harness to drivers footwell. Bolt WOT bracket, then run wires thru lower center console to passenger footwell, then thru sound tube/firewall.

As per Install instructions.

Good luck!

Rob
Robftss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:38 PM   #4230
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robftss View Post
Hey Jac,

Bring wiring harness to drivers footwell. Bolt WOT bracket, then run wires thru lower center console to passenger footwell, then thru sound tube/firewall.

As per Install instructions.

Good luck!

Rob

That's what I did.

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:32 PM   #4231
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

@fenton

I heard you were headed to Rob's this weekend. How did it go?

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Old 04-13-2014, 12:03 AM   #4232
fenton

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,614 Times in 726 Posts
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojhinn View Post
@fenton

I heard you were headed to Rob's this weekend. How did it go?
Oh it went great. We just tidied up the wiring and went back to the smaller starter battery to save some weight.

The car feels amazing as the oft tune continues to learn. Right now I have the dump and a half pack and I think for most people that is going to be the next upgrade. No battery relocate required and you get about 95% the performance of the double dump plus relocate.

The addition of the half pack adds about 7 to 10 HP and one you get the standard system wrote up it is a dead simple upgrade.

Both Rob and butang were very impressed with my cars torque with the oft tune and a dump and a half. The new found torque really makes the car fight for traction in first and second gear.... It is a great feeling.

I'll be taking some videos as soon as I get the track pipe installed.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fenton For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (04-13-2014)
Old 04-13-2014, 12:04 AM   #4233
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton View Post
Oh it went great. We just tidied up the wiring and went back to the smaller starter battery to save some weight.

The car feels amazing as the oft tune continues to learn. Right now I have the dump and a half pack and I think for most people that is going to be the next upgrade. No battery relocate required and you get about 95% the performance of the double dump plus relocate.

The addition of the half pack adds about 7 to 10 HP and one you get the standard system wrote up it is a dead simple upgrade.

Both Rob and butang were very impressed with my cars torque with the oft tune and a dump and a half. The new found torque really makes the car fight for traction in first and second gear.... It is a great feeling.

I'll be taking some videos as soon as I get the track pipe installed.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Tq300 or tq250? I'm assuming tq300 since you hadn't said you had switched but after what shiv said about the 300 I was wondering if you switched back.

Also with the new dump back design doesn't that put us on par or better then the vortech system?

While driving around with @nlowell today I think we may have come across something that should be added to the install instructions. His ESC tripped the overheat sensor faster then mine. What we were wondering was it due to the controller or the batteries? I was assuming the controller since when we were looking at the differences between the cars I noticed that his had some wiring blocking the controller fan which would not allow as much airflow. Either way what I recommend for all installers on the controller is to try to keep as much stuffaway from it as possible to keep it as cool as possible.

Installed Mods:

Last edited by Sojhinn; 04-13-2014 at 12:20 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sojhinn For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (04-13-2014), Gums (04-16-2014)
Old 04-13-2014, 01:09 AM   #4234
nlowell

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quote:
Tq300 or tq250? I'm assuming tq300 since you hadn't said you had switched but after what shiv said about the 300 I was wondering if you switched back.

Also with the new dump back design doesn't that put us on par or better then the vortech system?

While driving around with @nlowell today I think we may have come across something that should be added to the install instructions. His ESC tripped the overheat sensor faster then mine. What we were wondering was it due to the controller or the batteries? I was assuming the controller since when we were looking at the differences between the cars I noticed that his had some wiring blocking the controller fan which would not allow as much airflow. Either way what I recommend for all installers on the controller is to try to keep as much stuffaway from it as possible to keep it as cool as possible.
Definitely a good catch, thanks Sojhinn! I'm also considering changing my fog lamp out with one that is meant for brake duct cooling. Instead of running the hose to the brakes, I'll run it up to the ESC controller. What do you guys think?
Old 04-13-2014, 01:15 AM   #4235
nlowell

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Some videos for fun...I'm also going to start a new thread with these for OFH comparison.
Note: no laws were broken during the making of these videos...despite how fast it "looks" like we're going

Make sure to change the settings to view in 720p

[ame="http://youtu.be/ZPhLjCnB34Q"]Sound comparison with and without the OFH[/ame]

Since I'm running lean below 4k (until my etuning is finished) we waited until the crosswalk to go WOT.
That gave me a chance to get up to the "safe" AFR zone. When Sojhinn speeds past me it's because that's when I let up.

[ame="http://youtu.be/jnFH4oPutR4"]The Drag[/ame]
Old 04-13-2014, 01:22 AM   #4236
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlowell View Post
Some videos for fun...I'm also going to start a new thread with these for OFH comparison. Note: no laws were broken during the making of these videos...despite how fast it "looks" like we're going

Since I'm running lean below 4k (until my etuning is finished) we waited until the crosswalk to go WOT. That gave me a chance to get up to the "safe" AFR zone. When Sojhinn speeds past me it's because that's when I let up.

Nice job on the videos. It was neat to see the differences between the cars. As you can tell at the higher rpms nlowell pulls away since he has the ofh. ( at around 6200 rpm or so). But down low it's about even. Mods are very similar between the cars. He did have the automatic and I was impressed at how awesome the auto is.

Installed Mods:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sojhinn For This Useful Post:
fenton (04-13-2014), nlowell (04-13-2014)
Old 04-13-2014, 10:52 AM   #4237
fenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlowell View Post
Some videos for fun...I'm also going to start a new thread with these for OFH comparison.
Note: no laws were broken during the making of these videos...despite how fast it "looks" like we're going

Since I'm running lean below 4k (until my etuning is finished) we waited until the crosswalk to go WOT.
That gave me a chance to get up to the "safe" AFR zone. When Sojhinn speeds past me it's because that's when I let up.

Both your cars sound AWESOME.

Love the sound going up the gears. You can here when the ESC hit with the change in pace of the reving.

Good work you two.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2014, 11:00 AM   #4238
fenton

Quote:

Yes I have the 300. Not sure what you mean about on par with vortech.

I'm amazed at what throwing a little more lead at the battery pack does.

Going 1.5 dump packs makes a pretty nice difference. Rob is building a plug and play conversion kit as we speak.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fenton For This Useful Post:
Blu-by-U (04-13-2014), DAEMANO (04-13-2014), robwbright (04-13-2014)
Old 04-13-2014, 12:44 PM   #4239
bfrank1972

Drives: 2013 FR-S Argento
Thanked 1,039 Times in 616 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
It should be a bit torquier than the Vortech system in the lower rev band, but I can't imagine it would hold a candle to the Vortech system once revs >4500 rpm.
bfrank1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:54 PM   #4240
fenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrank1972 View Post
It should be a bit torquier than the Vortech system in the lower rev band, but I can't imagine it would hold a candle to the Vortech system once revs >4500 rpm.
Oh yes the torque on the latest tq250 double dump is higher than vortech up to 6000 I believe.

Shiv is holding 175 ft lb of torque all the way to 6000 rpm now.

Old 04-13-2014, 01:16 PM   #4241
fenton

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1397409352597.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  84.9 KB

Old 04-13-2014, 01:22 PM   #4242
robwbright

Drives: '13 BRZ Limited WRB Phantom ESC 1.5
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton View Post
Yes I have the 300. Not sure what you mean about on par with vortech.

I'm amazed at what throwing a little more lead at the battery pack does.

Going 1.5 dump packs makes a pretty nice difference. Rob is building a plug and play conversion kit as we speak.

Fenton, could you take pics of how you have the starter battery and ESC batteries installed under the hood? I'd appreciate it.

Now as soon as I get that check from the case I settled, I'll be ordering some stuff...
1997 Honda Accord Coupe
1995 Honda Prelude VTEC
robwbright is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robwbright For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (04-13-2014), fenton (04-13-2014), Sojhinn (04-13-2014)

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive