|
|
#29 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Drives: 2012 GT86 EU-spec
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 204
Thanks: 232
Thanked 149 Times in 99 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
|
I'm not 100 % sure but I thought speed signal is also part of the radio harness (on the 28 pin).
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#30 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2016
Drives: toyota 86
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 165
Thanks: 56
Thanked 128 Times in 72 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
|
I have read that also. And I have also found a rpm reference that comes out near the back of the intake manifold. It just seems weird that this has not been done on heaps of cars yet.
I'm waiting on a response from defi so until then I will keep googling and looking on here for information and hopefully useful pictures
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#31 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2016
Drives: toyota 86
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 165
Thanks: 56
Thanked 128 Times in 72 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
|
After further research I found a local company that can give me a speed and rpm signal from canbus to tap into. I will call them next week and see if it will be a viable option.
Here is a link to the part I think will work http://www.soundlabsgroup.com.au/p/C...peed+Interface
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#32 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2016
Drives: toyota 86
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 165
Thanks: 56
Thanked 128 Times in 72 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
|
Ok so problem looks to be sorted by buying a defi advance can driver. That will send a rpm and speed signal to my gauge.
This is where I have mounted the display. I never look at my speedometer so I'm really happy with it ![]() And this is the kit that I assembled to check it was all there. I bought a greddy water temp adapter and a oil filter spacer that will give me 2 ports to use for sensors ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Hopefully I can get it wired up this week
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#33 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2016
Drives: toyota 86
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 165
Thanks: 56
Thanked 128 Times in 72 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
|
Installed everything today in about 4 hours. On Friday I will buy an obd2 plugin which converts the digital rpm and speed to an analogue wire output so I can then use that to get all the functions working on the defi zd.
I'll upload daylight pics tomorrow
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#34 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2016
Drives: toyota 86
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 165
Thanks: 56
Thanked 128 Times in 72 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
|
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#35 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2016
Drives: toyota 86
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 165
Thanks: 56
Thanked 128 Times in 72 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
|
Initial attempt to get a rpm and speed reference from the obd2 port has been unsuccessful. I bought this unit but it didn't work
![]() Now I have resorted to wire into the rpm wire from the ecu. I pulled apart the ecu but couldn't locate the correct plug and wire. I couldn't find a grey and red wire at pin 17 ![]() Because I have push button start I'm lead to believe that I have another control module near the ecu which some people tap into. Can anyone confirm a rpm location?
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#36 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2016
Drives: toyota 86
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 165
Thanks: 56
Thanked 128 Times in 72 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
|
My speed and rpm issue has been sorted. I bought a defi can driver and it was plug and play.
![]() It plugs into your obd2 port and then into the control unit. You get power from the cigarette lighter.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#37 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2016
Drives: toyota 86
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 165
Thanks: 56
Thanked 128 Times in 72 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
|
My car is currently in the body shop getting the hail damage fixed. I should get it back by next week.
Also 5 years after selling them I have bought back my number plates from my old ae86 so I will attach them when I get my car
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#38 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2017
Drives: BRZ- all the colours
Location: Toronto
Posts: 101
Thanks: 4
Thanked 22 Times in 15 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
|
Love the wheels
|
|
|
|
|
|
#39 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2012
Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 484
Thanks: 613
Thanked 269 Times in 181 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
|
Awesome car and build! Really diggin the DEFI unit
|
|
|
|
|
|
#40 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2016
Drives: toyota 86
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 165
Thanks: 56
Thanked 128 Times in 72 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
|
Got my car back from the body shop tonight. Now I just have to wait about a month before I put the decal back on the bonnet/hood
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#41 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2016
Drives: toyota 86
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 165
Thanks: 56
Thanked 128 Times in 72 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
|
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Toyota Unveils GT86 Limited Blackline Edition | Mr.Impreza | Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum | 83 | 11-27-2015 09:34 AM |
| OZ Ultraleggera 8x18 +43 (Toyota EU Special Edition) | OnkelC | Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack | 5 | 04-28-2015 06:57 PM |
| Toyota 86 GTS MY15 Edition | M4V3R1CK | Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum | 2 | 07-15-2014 10:39 PM |
| Dear toyota: Please make track edition. | aphxero | Engine, Exhaust, Transmission | 7 | 06-02-2010 09:07 AM |