follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 10-22-2014, 02:32 PM   #365
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffm View Post
Actually its not there b/c my tablet had a problem and had to be sent back before I could re marry it or copy it to my pc. The new tablet is now married to the OFT tune.
Too easy mate

scroll down to bottom of the post below stock roms including ZA1JD00C is their just unzip it :-)

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62332
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 03:25 PM   #366
cliffm

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I downloaded it. Thank you.

Do I just upload the .hex file with OFM?
cliffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 03:49 PM   #367
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffm View Post
I downloaded it. Thank you.

Do I just upload the .hex file with OFM?
yes
Old 10-24-2014, 07:28 PM   #368
AlexBinJackson

Drives: 2015 Brz Blue Series Pearl White
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
stage 1 oft 2.06

I have just uploaded stage 1 91 octane to 2015 brz and took a log seems to have flkc to -3 is that ok ???
http://www.datazap.me/u/alexbinjacks...1994-2378-2631
AlexBinJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:06 PM   #369
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBinJackson View Post
I have just uploaded stage 1 91 octane to 2015 brz and took a log seems to have flkc to -3 is that ok ???
http://www.datazap.me/u/alexbinjacks...1994-2378-2631
Yes you have knock -3 in places
KC Learned is showing the knock as well.
You also appear to be running slightly lean in midrange
for some reason your IAM is showing 0 which appears to be logging issue

From your mod list it appears your running an aftermarket front pipe with hi-flow or no cat ??
this is likely the cause of the issue as the oft tunes don't cater for that mod specifically.

Stage 1 is stock exhaust
Stage 2 catless header.

Some guys have tried stage 2 tune when running hi flow or catless front pipe. but talk to the OFT guys.

You could also try different 91 gas as some are better than others for knock resistance

or run 93 gas
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
AlexBinJackson (10-24-2014)
Old 10-24-2014, 08:11 PM   #370
AlexBinJackson

Thanks for the reply wish I could run 93 gas but only have 91 available in Southern California. I am about to go log according to ur guide on reducing knock in Australia

Thanks
Old 10-24-2014, 08:53 PM   #371
AlexBinJackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
Yes you have knock -3 in places
KC Learned is showing the knock as well.
You also appear to be running slightly lean in midrange
for some reason your IAM is showing 0 which appears to be logging issue

From your mod list it appears your running an aftermarket front pipe with hi-flow or no cat ??
this is likely the cause of the issue as the oft tunes don't cater for that mod specifically.

Stage 1 is stock exhaust
Stage 2 catless header.

Some guys have tried stage 2 tune when running hi flow or catless front pipe. but talk to the OFT guys.

You could also try different 91 gas as some are better than others for knock resistance

or run 93 gas
Hey Steve just came back from another logging run
http://www.datazap.me/u/alexbinjacks...g=0&data=1-8-9

i got gas and you can see the knock reduced quite a bit but is still there. I am trying to get IAM to show up but idk if its available for my CAL ID

Thanks Alex
Old 10-24-2014, 09:07 PM   #372
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Hey Steve just came back from another logging run
http://www.datazap.me/u/alexbinjacks...g=0&data=1-8-9

i got gas and you can see the knock reduced quite a bit but is still there. I am trying to get IAM to show up but idk if its available for my CAL ID

Thanks Alex
some of those logged parameters seem weird

Have you updated OFT connecting it to internet via OFM and the latest OFM V1.13.0 and latest Template file ??

Once it all updated or if you already have, try deselecting ALL log parameters then save/exit to main menu, then go back in and select desired parameters, sometimes OFT hangs onto old setting for log parameters in not deselected/selected after an update.

You could also try the Stage 2 EL header 91 tune if you have the hiflow/no cat in front pipe. you will probably have to pull a bit of timing though, but it might be better fueling/cam timing wise. as you have increased exhaust flow with high flow secondary cat similar to catless header. Just watch the knock though.

If IAM still not working (you logged ignition advance in that log not IAM Ignition advance multiplier) then talk to the guys at openflash sales@openflashperformance.com
Old 10-24-2014, 09:13 PM   #373
AlexBinJackson

Quote:
some of those logged parameters seem weird

Have you updated OFT connecting it to internet via OFM and the latest OFM V1.13.0 and latest Template file ??

Once it all updated or if you already have, try deselecting ALL log parameters then save/exit to main menu, then go back in and select desired parameters, sometimes OFT hangs onto old setting for log parameters in not deselected/selected after an update.

You could also try the Stage 2 EL header tune if you have the hiflow/no cat in front pipe. you will probably have to pull a bit of timing though, but it might be better fueling/cam timing wise. as you have increased exhaust flow with high flow secondary cat similar to catless header. Just watch the knock though.

If IAM still not working (you logged ignition advance in that log not IAM Ignition advance multiplier) then talk to the guys at openflash sales@openflashperformance.com
Steve thanks for the feedback i am running 1.31 FW I just recieved the tablet yesterday from oft and updated it before putting it in the car aswell as loading the tunes from the website. I will go try and come back but is it safe to run the car or should i just reflash to stock for the mean time

Thanks Alex
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2014, 09:25 PM   #374
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Steve thanks for the feedback i am running 1.31 FW I just recieved the tablet yesterday from oft and updated it before putting it in the car aswell as loading the tunes from the website. I will go try and come back but is it safe to run the car or should i just reflash to stock for the mean time

Thanks Alex
Its probably not knocking any more than you get on a stock tune but I don't like seeing that much knock correction -3.5 degrees.

Probably safest to flash it back to stock, then talk to the OFT guys, or zip down the road and buy a bottle of octane booster.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:59 PM   #375
AlexBinJackson

Quote:
Its probably not knocking any more than you get on a stock tune but I don't like seeing that much knock correction -3.5 degrees.

Probably safest to flash it back to stock, then talk to the OFT guys, or zip down the road and buy a bottle of octane booster.
Steve

This is a stock log http://www.datazap.me/u/alexbinjacks...-1772-937-1074

Still shows knock but not as much. I think it has to do with the tablet though and cannot get advance multiplier to say anything other than 0

Will email open flash this week

Thanks for your help
Old 10-24-2014, 10:07 PM   #376
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Steve

This is a stock log http://www.datazap.me/u/alexbinjacks...-1772-937-1074

Still shows knock but not as much. I think it has to do with the tablet though and cannot get advance multiplier to say anything other than 0

Will email open flash this week

Thanks for your help
Yes,

Tell the OFT guys that IAM for your ROM is not working the logging addresses for stock and tuned roms are same so it wont work on either.

Its still pulling -3 degrees or more in places although its now knocking lower rpm range so you must have rearly crappy gass, seen other guys with similar issues they hunted around a couple of different brands same octane and found a better one or you have to live on octane booster.

Looks like its more to do with the gas than the tune.

These cars are designed for 93 for best performance.
Old 10-25-2014, 03:32 PM   #377
GotBRZ1691

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited 6smt
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Yes,

Tell the OFT guys that IAM for your ROM is not working the logging addresses for stock and tuned roms are same so it wont work on either.

Its still pulling -3 degrees or more in places although its now knocking lower rpm range so you must have rearly crappy gass, seen other guys with similar issues they hunted around a couple of different brands same octane and found a better one or you have to live on octane booster.

Looks like its more to do with the gas than the tune.

These cars are designed for 93 for best performance.
Crappy gas will also cause the Advanced Multiplier to drop as well as cause the need for knock correct. Is this correct steve99? Advanced multiplier drop to .91 in a friends car today and he got worried, but I've seen people mention it down to .5 or so.

You have been a very value person in my studying of the OFT and data logging and I thank you for that.

Is there a way to bring the AM back up? better gas is obvious, but if you have almost a full tank of crude gas, is it worth it to run a little octane booster? or is the car ok?
GotBRZ1691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 04:26 PM   #378
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBRZ1691 View Post
Crappy gas will also cause the Advanced Multiplier to drop as well as cause the need for knock correct. Is this correct steve99? Advanced multiplier drop to .91 in a friends car today and he got worried, but I've seen people mention it down to .5 or so.

You have been a very value person in my studying of the OFT and data logging and I thank you for that.

Is there a way to bring the AM back up? better gas is obvious, but if you have almost a full tank of crude gas, is it worth it to run a little octane booster? or is the car ok?
Yes advance multiplier dropping to less than 1 indicates you have knock issues. Unfortunatly the IAM logging on new D00C/D00D roms appears not to be working on OFT at present.

You can have a small amount of FBKC or FLKC knock detections over a period of time without the IAM dropping, but if the magnitude and frequency of these detections is over certian limits it will cause the IAM to drop.

Once these knock detections reduce or go away (due better fuel , temp changes ect) then IAM should start to return to 1.

IAM dropping occasionally to slightly less than 1 say 0.9 is probably acceptable if it returns to 1. This does tend to occurr on 91 fuel in low/med rpm driving in traffic where your in high gear and jump on the gass.

IAM dropping to 0.5 indicates your tune is to aggressive for the fuel your running

IAM drop is the ECU's last line of defense against knock

If you accidentally fill with low octane fuel or notice you have a crappy batch of fuel probably worth the few dollars for a bottle of octane booster to "fix" it till you get better fuel in tank.

you have a few options

1. Run better quality fuel (best option)
2. Change brand of fuel, some are better than others even though rated same octane value
2. Pull some timing from your Base_timing_B table in problem areas.
3. Run Octane booster.
4. Change to a less aggressive tune ie a 91 tune if your on 93 tune.

have a read of the Knock links below.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
GotBRZ1691 (10-25-2014), keen as (10-26-2014)