follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 11-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #3753
spy00005

Drives: 94 Celica -> 14 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Hey everyone
i ordered a fr-s at the dealership on september 5th and yesterday november 5th i was finally able to drive it off the lot after a lot of anticipation and gotta say im loving the car had a 94 celica GT before this been driving it for 5-6 years, [ http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=80883 ] and i feel right at home in this one. ive been on this forum for a while just browsing and researching but been looking at this car be for it even had an official prototype and saw at at the NY auto show back in 2011 knew this was the car i should be looking to get.

also old and new

spy00005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:43 PM   #3754
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,980 Times in 16,482 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spy00005 View Post
Hey everyone
i ordered a fr-s at the dealership on september 5th and yesterday november 5th i was finally able to drive it off the lot.......
...... spy00005.

I reckon you are partial to blue cars....

If your FR-S didn't come with all-season tires ..... you may wish to look into a set of winter tires ..... if you're going to drive it during the winter.

Good looking machine you ordered up!

humfrz
humfrz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #3755
spy00005

Drives: 94 Celica -> 14 FR-S
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
...... spy00005.

I reckon you are partial to blue cars....

If your FR-S didn't come with all-season tires ..... you may wish to look into a set of winter tires ..... if you're going to drive it during the winter.

Good looking machine you ordered up!

humfrz
thanks
funny thing i was always into red cars and still am partial to them until i got my celica 6 yrs ago and it was a blue/green/teal then painted it dark blue and have loved dark blue cars ever since.

i ill have to look into that last year i actually ordered 4 full fledge winter tires on my celica so might swap those on just for this winter and throw the summer tires on my celica if im not going to drive it much [i have 4 TC rims ith summer tires] the nice thing is both these cars use the same 5X100 wheels or maybe use the celica in the winter. decisions
spy00005 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spy00005 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (11-06-2013)
Old 11-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #3756
trekkie

Drives: 2011 Camry Hybrid
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
after two lease cycles with a Camry Hybrid (2007 and 2011) this one I wanted a fun car.

originally I'd written off Toyota, and then I remembered the tC was sorta sporty.

Then I saw the FR-S.

Drove one last week, now I'm counting the days until my lease is in the 'can quit early if you buy another car' version, about January time frame. Hoping the momentum version is out, as I am rather fond of keyless start / climate control I've had in my cars since the mid 90s and I really don't want knobs or a key again.

Not sure if I'd mod it or not, the bolt on supercharger looks rather interesting. A little more oomph might be fun, but at 200HP stock I was grinning pretty good after my test drive.
trekkie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to trekkie For This Useful Post:
humfrz (11-07-2013)
Old 11-07-2013, 10:25 PM   #3757
Biscuitpie

Drives: 14 Whiteout FRS
Hey guys, this is my first post here, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I picked up my 2014 6MT Whiteout FRS last Saturday and I really like it so far. I used to have a 2011 Camaro SS with boltons, cam, intake manifold, suspension, axles, etc making 476 WHP. I sold it to buy a GT500 or Z06 within the next year. Meanwhile, I was going to drive my 2013 tC (my daily) and have no fun weekend car. Well, I got into 2 accidents within 24 hours, neither of which were my fault, and I had to get a new car. So, I decided that if I was only going to have one car for awhile, it would be a fun one! I really miss the power of the Camaro, but this car is super fun. The Camaro could take turns faster but the handling didn't feel nearly as confident and the car didn't have the "tossable" feeling due to weight.

Pic of my old Camaro:

No pics of the FRS, but it looks like any other one minus the plasti-dipped lip.
Biscuitpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:10 PM   #3758
humfrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuitpie View Post
Hey guys, this is my first post here, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I picked up my 2014 6MT Whiteout FRS last Saturday ..................Well, I got into 2 accidents within 24 hours, neither of which were my fault, and I had to get a new car. ........
....... Biscuitpie.

Congratulations on your new purchase.....

You didn't really have to wreck your last two cars to get a FR-S .... they would have taken at least one of them in trade...

(sorry, bad joke ....)

That was one bad looking Camaro you had there!

A hint for you ..... the FR-S dents real easy, so ..... build in a big buffer.....

humfrz
Old 11-07-2013, 11:22 PM   #3759
Biscuitpie

Drives: 14 Whiteout FRS
Quote:
....... Biscuitpie.

Congratulations on your new purchase.....

You didn't really have to wreck your last two cars to get a FR-S .... they would have taken at least one of them in trade...

(sorry, bad joke ....)

That was one bad looking Camaro you had there!

A hint for you ..... the FR-S dents real easy, so ..... build in a big buffer.....

humfrz
Thanks! I didn't wreck the Camaro, I sold it. I got hit twice in the tC haha. Don't worry, I'm used to the crappy paint quality Chevy used and having to constantly worry about the most minor things chipping it (meanwhile the same colors used on their other cars had 0 issues ).
Biscuitpie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Biscuitpie For This Useful Post:
humfrz (11-07-2013)
Old 11-07-2013, 11:28 PM   #3760
almedarj

Drives: 2013 FR-S White out
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
hey everyone new here and its my first post. I haven't had a chance to make it to any of the week day meets yet, made it to 86fest but looking forward to it sometime. I have a 2013 white out FR-S 6speed MT with borla uel, motiv concepts over pipe, megan racing front pipe, invidia q300 cat back, and perrin drop in filter.
almedarj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:34 PM   #3761
humfrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by almedarj View Post
hey everyone new here and its my first post. I haven't had a chance to make it to any of the week day meets yet, made it to 86fest but looking forward to it sometime. I have a 2013 white out FR-S 6speed MT with borla uel, motiv concepts over pipe, megan racing front pipe, invidia q300 cat back, and perrin drop in filter.
......... almedarj!

Sounds like you have your FR-S breathing real good .....

humfrz
Old 11-07-2013, 11:44 PM   #3762
almedarj

Drives: 2013 FR-S White out
Garage
Quote:
......... almedarj!

Sounds like you have your FR-S breathing real good .....

humfrz
yeah breathing real good :-)
almedarj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #3763
silent runner

Drives: 93'Camry, 82'Corolla, 76' Celica
Hi guys. I'm new here on this forum, but I've been working on, and playing with Toyota's for many years. My first Toyota project was a 1976 Celica GT. I had a blast customizing this car with wheels tires, springs, front and rear sway bars, a custom ground camshaft, porting and polishing, a twin side draft Weber carb. system, and many days of sanctioned road-rally, and auto-slalem events. I followed this up with a 1982, Corolla SR-5, hatchback, that eventually got a later model twin-cam 1600, and was treated to the same type of driving events.

After that, I admit I left the family for a Honda Prelude, then a Mazda 626 Turbo. Time and experience has brought me back to the Toyota family. I had the opportunity to pick-up my folks old Camry as a cheap work/dayly driver, and I've been hooked ever-since. I've made some interesting alterations to the Camry to bring it up to my specs', but when the first few FRS's showed up a my local Country Hills Toyota/Scion dealer they had me hooked.

I've been dying to add a sports car to my garage, and this seemed to be the best place to check out how this one was working. I haven't taken the plunge yet, I'm waiting for a little more/or a slightly enhanced power band to find production. (This was always a weak point in my old Corolla/86 build) Along the way though, I want to follow what you new young guys, the best and the brightest, are doing to develope the car on your own.
silent runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:47 PM   #3764
calmtigers

Drives: 2014 Whiteout TRD FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Hey guys,

Sadly I'm one of the few future frs owners, the car I drive now is a silver 2010 Corolla S. I was one of the first to have coilovers on a corolla and slam it to the ground to new lows!

I hope to get a White out FRS MT

My hope is to do a small drop, upgrade the interior a tad, and do a very subtle exhaust!

The Rota G-Force will hopefully go onto the Whiteout in a sexy bronze (18x9 +35) mainly because they've just got brand new tires on them! That or I'll sell for some nice bbs reps!

I'll be trolling for the forums for now, hopefully by June I'll have the FRS!

EDIT: I bought the corolla about 2 months before the first FRS teaser, sadly I didn't even need the car as I had a 1989 Corolla before it working just fine
calmtigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #3765
humfrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent runner View Post
Hi guys. I'm new here on this forum, ........... when the first few FRS's showed up a my local Country Hills Toyota/Scion dealer they had me hooked........I've been dying to add a sports car to my garage, I'm waiting for a little more/or a slightly enhanced power band to find production......
Hello, silent runner and welcome to the group......

There are lots of ways, shown here on this forum, about how to make the FR-S/BRZ more powerful.....

If you have been "hooked" and you have been wanting a "sports car" but you are waiting for them to make a more powerful production car ..... you will be missing out on a couple of years of fun driving .....

humfrz
Old 11-10-2013, 06:07 AM   #3766
jjan

Drives: GT86
Hey new here

I have my GT86 6 months now.
Attached Images

jjan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags