follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-29-2026, 08:13 AM   #351
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast
 
DarkPira7e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Location: Vermont
Posts: 4,160
Thanks: 3,447
Thanked 4,340 Times in 2,188 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Damn, tough to read, so sorry but glad you're safe dude Seems like a lot of us are ready to pitch in-
I'll go through what I have kicking around, start dumping what you need as you find out! So sorry...
__________________
Turbo FR-S Build - Build Thread
JDL EL Recirc manifold, Boostlab BL58x Turbo w/ T51R, 17x9 ARC-8, IAG block
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2026, 04:19 PM   #352
Spuds
The Dictater
 
Spuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 9,697
Thanks: 26,779
Thanked 12,750 Times in 6,320 Posts
Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
So I tried something a bit crazy. Wanted to get the car ready for the next autocross this weekend. Nearly succeeded. Got a bunch of used parts locally, some new parts, and the frame mostly bent back into shape (yesterday). Planned time off through the rest of the week to swap out the radiator (tabs broke), "finish" rebuilding the interior (air bags, seatbelts, antenna), and rebuild the front. Unfortunately I did not see that my left strut was bent until about 10pm last night after I got the car back. RCE looked into some options but couldn't find a solution for a 2-day turnaround.

Should be interesting autocrossing a Buick...

The worst part is I just got new RE-71RZs in the FRS size once I knew the frame would be done. So now I gotta find a way to not waste them. Otherwise I would take my time this year. Maybe I'll just get a new set of coilovers... This is getting very expensive...
__________________
If a picture is worth a thousand words, a model is worth ten thousand pictures.
Also: "Build Thread"
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2026, 04:52 PM   #353
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast
 
DarkPira7e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Location: Vermont
Posts: 4,160
Thanks: 3,447
Thanked 4,340 Times in 2,188 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
So I tried something a bit crazy. Wanted to get the car ready for the next autocross this weekend. Nearly succeeded. Got a bunch of used parts locally, some new parts, and the frame mostly bent back into shape (yesterday). Planned time off through the rest of the week to swap out the radiator (tabs broke), "finish" rebuilding the interior (air bags, seatbelts, antenna), and rebuild the front. Unfortunately I did not see that my left strut was bent until about 10pm last night after I got the car back. RCE looked into some options but couldn't find a solution for a 2-day turnaround.

Should be interesting autocrossing a Buick...

The worst part is I just got new RE-71RZs in the FRS size once I knew the frame would be done. So now I gotta find a way to not waste them. Otherwise I would take my time this year. Maybe I'll just get a new set of coilovers... This is getting very expensive...
If it's helpful, I have some rusty ST coilovers I planned on cleaning up and running sometime if my HKS coilovers go to shit.
Our best laid plans are always sidelined.... just keep your chin up and don't rush into a debt hole over it (Unless you want to, in which case, GO ALL OUT YOLO ETC) Everything will work out in time
__________________
Turbo FR-S Build - Build Thread
JDL EL Recirc manifold, Boostlab BL58x Turbo w/ T51R, 17x9 ARC-8, IAG block
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2026, 01:53 AM   #354
Spuds
The Dictater
 
Spuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 9,697
Thanks: 26,779
Thanked 12,750 Times in 6,320 Posts
Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Starting to look like a car again. On track to get on track (or at least zip/slide/spin in the rain through some cones) this weekend. So much work. Only thing I'm really not happy about is the front is still tweaked to the left by ~5mm. Will need another pull. I'll try to remember everything I had to do in a future update when I'm not dead tired. It has involved nearly every tool I have from hammer to soldering iron. My workbench is a mess, I simultaneously don't have all the fasteners I need and also don't know what to do with all my extras.

Attached Images
 
__________________
If a picture is worth a thousand words, a model is worth ten thousand pictures.
Also: "Build Thread"
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Camaro SS 1LE vs Spuds' FRS Spuds FR-S / BRZ vs.... 13 06-16-2019 10:11 PM
FRS from Vroom - RISKY? Cosa Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 14 10-21-2018 09:27 PM
So my key FOB was put in the washing machine.... Kayzer Soze BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics 11 06-07-2013 11:43 AM
Vroom! - This week's blipshift shirt blipshift Miscellaneous 1 11-13-2012 10:29 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.