follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 01-31-2015, 12:02 AM   #337
Jive Turkey
the tuna, no crust.

Drives: 2014 Hachiroku of the year
Thanked 1,770 Times in 761 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryw1223 View Post
hey quick question, what did you use to fill the original heated seat button area? wood? fiberglass?
it was cut, filled with the trim for the push start, and then i used fiberglas filler. then sanded. then wrapped. look at the before pictures somewhere towards the beginning of this thread.
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:24 AM   #338
Jive Turkey
the tuna, no crust.

sorry been so bust, only updated shot.

new shift knob color on the Anarchy Motive knob and the reverse lockout. color is black jack, decided to do them matching, sets the interior off very nicely. it feels incredible too!

as always, the boots and all alcantara work was done by overland designs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jive Turkey For This Useful Post:
Creole (02-25-2015), Hyper4mance2k (02-26-2015)
Old 04-08-2015, 01:00 PM   #339
Jive Turkey
the tuna, no crust.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jive Turkey For This Useful Post:
chubky (04-09-2015), LucidMomentum (05-29-2015), NWFRS (06-06-2015), piotrr (05-25-2015)
Old 04-09-2015, 10:12 AM   #340
Tareim

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
the interior looks great based on this things you have done so far, as for the cup holders I saw some people concerned about the air bags for the passenger side, not entirely sure if there concern is about launching a cup holder out at you or not however I'll clear things up to make things easier.

the airbag blows out from on top of the dash not out through trim pieces, check crash tests and you'll see what I mean
Tareim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 04:49 PM   #341
Jive Turkey
the tuna, no crust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tareim View Post
the interior looks great based on this things you have done so far, as for the cup holders I saw some people concerned about the air bags for the passenger side, not entirely sure if there concern is about launching a cup holder out at you or not however I'll clear things up to make things easier.

the airbag blows out from on top of the dash not out through trim pieces, check crash tests and you'll see what I mean
yeah, i know that! thats why i didn't listed to those people. this is why i'm not worried. because the upholders wouldn't be able to leave the dash. otherwise that silver trim wouldn't be there, or else it'll fly right into passengers face, its not held on very tight...

i still need donor trim to cut up to make it fit. i also don't have that much time. once i have a solid few days of nothing i'll try to tackle it. i really want it...
Old 05-27-2015, 08:34 PM   #342
Hiros86

Drives: whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
@Jive Turkey You think this might work, the metal piece that is?
http://www.hardmotorsport.com/hard-m...-e46-m3-coupe/

Old 05-27-2015, 09:19 PM   #343
stevesnj

Drives: 2016 FR-S Oceanic Blue
Thanked 1,601 Times in 923 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolemnWishes View Post
Don't know if this guy considered airbags at all, but he managed to get those BMW cup holders installed.

My brother drives a 3 series; personally, I hate those cup holders in terms of ergonomics. IMHO, I think plain well-shaped cup holders work best. But the FR-S's location is inconvenient as hell.
wow this is awful. He doesn't realize why cup holders are placed low by design, but he and the passenger will find out quickly that high mounted is bad idea.

My 2016 Build thread

TRD Exhaust with custom quad tips, TRD Lowering Springs,TRD Quick shifter,LED;DRL, Projectors, and turn signals. Re-badge, 86 Nanny, WinmaxW2 Pads, K&N Drop In, Antenna delete
stevesnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:23 PM   #344
CB390248

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
That steering wheel is so... stock. What's the plan? I figure I'll wait to see how yours comes out and then decide about mine. I'm between perforated leather and the typical JPM alcantara. Great build.
CB390248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 03:05 AM   #345
Jive Turkey
the tuna, no crust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiros86 View Post
@Jive Turkey You think this might work, the metal piece that is?
http://www.hardmotorsport.com/hard-m...-e46-m3-coupe/

hmmm, let me doe some reading and research, but it seems to big to fit the space from what it seems. it looks very similar to the GTI/Jetta rennspeed conversion kit but like that kit, its very limiting to the square inch space available. i just don't have the time right now to experiment and would rather make my own stuff that i know will work and fit than waste money and time making this work, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevesnj View Post
wow this is awful. He doesn't realize why cup holders are placed low by design, but he and the passenger will find out quickly that high mounted is bad idea.
you know the airbag comes out the top right? otherwise that silver trim would just smash the passenger in the face...so the cupholders being their isn't a bad idea at all. and lets face it 99% of the time they will be pushed in. i still haven't had the time to really try it myself. BAR exam > life right now so car is sitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB390248 View Post
That steering wheel is so... stock. What's the plan? I figure I'll wait to see how yours comes out and then decide about mine. I'm between perforated leather and the typical JPM alcantara. Great build.
i've bought and OEM wheels almost a year ago, and i just haven't had the time to get it done. don't worry, the steering wheel is something that has been on my mind since day one, and the OEM design i really really like. all the aftermarket stuff is too think and just i am not a fan off.

so for the re-wrap just imagine alcantara where there is leather. with perforated going where there is perforated leather in the OEM wheel, with a red stripe in the center at the top and m3 style stitch along the inside.

like i said, i've had a plan of action in my head, but simply had no time to execute at all as i have had to finish/graduate law school and now study for the NY/Nj bar exam. the car and the ongoing project that it has become just has to wait, i can always get back to it where i left off. i should have SOME update in august. car is currently at the body shop getting treated for the 3 hit and runs i had during winter that destroyed my front end
Old 05-29-2015, 09:51 AM   #346
Lawn_Mower

Drives: GTI, BRZ
You should start selling that console
Lawn_Mower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:59 AM   #347
Porcupint

Drives: 13 GBS BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn_Mower View Post
Overland Designs does

http://overland-designs.com/products...sole-wrapping/
Porcupint is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Porcupint For This Useful Post:
Lawn_Mower (05-29-2015)
Old 05-29-2015, 10:00 AM   #348
Lawn_Mower

Drives: GTI, BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupint View Post
Lawn_Mower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 10:56 AM   #349
TwoChicksOneSTI

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Series.Blue (WRB)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
car is currently at the body shop getting treated for the 3 hit and runs i had during winter that destroyed my front end

I'm in the midst of moving but when I finally get to where I'm going that's the first stop for my car. I swear, people don't see a BRZ, all they see is a target. Door dings on both sides, scrapes on both sides of her butt, and most recently a nice scrape on her front lip 😩.
I really enjoy this build btw. And good luck on the bar exam!
One time, at a dyno day, I saw an aftermarket stem cap fly off and nail a girl square in the forehead.
TwoChicksOneSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:09 PM   #350
Jive Turkey
the tuna, no crust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn_Mower View Post
someone beat me to it, but everything that you see on my car can be purchased directly from here: http://overland-designs.com/product-...ry/subaru-brz/

obviously if you want to add the din or relocated the pushstart thats custom, so is the gauge pod, but it isn't THAT hard to do and all the details and directions should be in this thread.

for those of you interested in the pullstraps, stop by our booth at WBM (we may be unveiling something )

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoChicksOneSTI View Post
I'm in the midst of moving but when I finally get to where I'm going that's the first stop for my car. I swear, people don't see a BRZ, all they see is a target. Door dings on both sides, scrapes on both sides of her butt, and most recently a nice scrape on her front lip 😩.
I really enjoy this build btw. And good luck on the bar exam!
thanks!

yeah i street parked in hoboken and people just don't fucking see the car, so i'm gonna make a clip on push bar that i can quickly snap on when parking. otherwise i refuse to street party ever gain. i filed a hit an run report TWICE and the cops just laughed at me, and then stye wonder why i don't respect them
The Following User Says Thank You to Jive Turkey For This Useful Post:
Porcupint (05-29-2015)