follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 05-29-2012, 02:57 AM   #15
slow_frs

Drives: turbo scion tc
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsofWar View Post
DO IT!!!! love to see your progress running on some juice.

I know that previous subaru boxer engines especially turbo variants were suffering from bad high IAT particularly with heatsoak. So some used a phenolic thermal intake gaskets on the manifolds to bring down manifold temps down.

Not sure this is true this time with the FA20, with the plastic intake. but who knows. Post your finds and have fun!

wont be any time soon=( im stationed in korea right now till oct but purchasing my fr-s stateside this coming weekend
slow_frs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #16
serialk11r

Drives: '06 AM V8V Coupe
Thanked 1,074 Times in 759 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_frs View Post
they prob are using the f-con to trigger it at set points, i wonder what size shot they are running i dont plan on anything fancy to control fueling , that what fuel jets are for... my question is how does fuel coming in from the intake side effect the D4-S since it sprays fuel directly
I think if you're going to be delivering more gasoline, and you already have a direct injection system, then you want as much of the fuel delivered via the direct injection system as possible because that will cool the charge the best. Dumping into the intake means it'll absorb some heat from the valves and head.
serialk11r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #17
powertrip

Drives: Mercedes C320, S2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
could it be a methanol injector instead of nitrous? very common these days to do an alcohol injection kit on forced injection.
powertrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #18
uspspro

Drives: DGM BRZ, MR-S 3.5L V6 swap (sold)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrip View Post
could it be a methanol injector instead of nitrous? very common these days to do an alcohol injection kit on forced injection.
Except that car is NA.
uspspro is offline   Reply With Quote